Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I totally understand girl - this has been a rough one - I decided to just lay it down' date=' watch my fav show Law & Order SVU & eat a few Popsicles & just take it easy... Lets hope tomorrow will be better for us both... Since on leave from work right now I stay up late & then wake up late & have no real schedule right now but still try & eat every few hours but today just didnt want to eat b/c of that stuck feeling - that's make'n me depressed... Ugh... I'm here for ya girl..

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

My day was rough too, I felt depressed since noon and don't want to be bothered by anyone. I now know what you mean about the stuck feeling, had my first mashed potatoes and refried Beans today and both felt like they were stuck in my chest. I was so looking forward to eating but this feeling sucks!

Law & order SVU is my favorite show too! I didn't get to watch it yet but I did record it, hopefully I can watch it after work tomorrow.

Nursgirl

I am 57,not 38 ! After two twelve hr shifts I am usually exhausted the next day. I am hoping that the weight loss will help me at work...not lugging all the weight around. Let me know how it goes for you

Momof3girls

I am in Portland,Oregon

Had my first day of pureed foods. Well, that was weird. Not nearly enough Protein. Not nearly enough liquids. And I was hungry every 30 minutes. Who eats a tiny jar of baby food meat and and 1oz of baby food fruit and is "full"? Full for maybe 20 minutes. And then hungry again. That sucked. Although I'm not supposed to have cottage cheese until next week, I had 1/2 a cup with a little french dressing....holy cow, best thing I've ever eaten. And that stayed with me longer. But there isn't any Fluid in that.

So last night I sat here and planned my "meals, snacks" for today. And I'm going to see how that works. Because I don't want to feel so hungry every half an hour. Ridiculous. Not the same hunger as before. But it is definitely hunger. Satisfied with less, yes, but hunger. No rumblies, just a hunger pain, an empty-I-know-that's-hunger feeling.

I weigh myself everyday. I'm insane, I know. But the scale is right there next to the shower. And as I'm getting in, I step on the scale. I should only do that once a week. I'll work on that.

You guys all sound like you're doing great!! I'm so proud of us for doing this! And for anyone who says this is easy...SMACK 'EM! and then tell them to try eating nothing, or baby food while every one around you is eating "normal" stuff; and holding yourself everytime you cough or sneeze so you aren't in pain. Yeah, this is easy. Easy my butt. I've never thought more about what is going into my mouth than ever before. I feel like a monkey making sure that something will FIT before I even think about eating it!!!

But I am enjoying the walking. It doesn't feel like a chore like it did before. Weird.

Alright, gotta get my day started. Go walk, get to work, and get the day moving forward. Have a great one everyone!!!!

I'm 8 days post op- a month before my surgery we moved to a new home in a small town with a cornfield behind us. It's an old house too. My fiance works nights, and gets home about 645 am. I was going to go back to sleep but decided to get up, still really groggy. I sat down in my chair checking fb and sort watching tv, had just gotten some tea and my morning Protein. I see something moving. Yes I have a mouse, yuck!! Screamed woke poor fiance up. Good thing I got 31 g of protein this morning because not sure when I will venture back to the kitchen! I'm sure my md is not going to like my excuse of not getting my protein ha ha. Have two traps set- hope they work. Had my first outing to get them since coming home from surgery. See MD tomorrow. On a side not was able to put a pair of jeans on this am that I hadn't woren for 8 months, and they are not tight, didn't hurt my surgery sites at all.

Just wanted to say hi to all u guys & I'm glad ur feeling better Ms Ready! Wanted to ask, do cold things or hot things have any affect on that stuck feelin in ur throat? Cold made me feel that way for the 1st wk or so...I had surgery on the 14th, & doin pretty well...I stick with full liquids, but I have been blending Soups for a 'regular' dinner...I'm dyin for refried Beans, but nervous that they'll b heavy on my belly...

1 other thing I do is I eat with a baby spoon...helps me keep the bites small, & things go down smoothly (yogurt, pudding, mashed taters, potted meat)

Hope u gals start feelin better! I pray for all of us to be healthy :)

Well today I wake up not wanting to do anything including going to work, it's a good thing I set my own schedule or I'd be late already. I don't know if I feel depressed because I was so disappointed with my first soft foods yesterday or the fact that its my birthday and I can't have any food or drinks that I like and my incisions are irritated and itch so bad, I'm leaving marks on my stomach from scratching so hard.

I really wanted to have my surgery before my birthday so I could start my new year with a whole new life, I got my wish but don't feel happy about it now. My surgery was 2 weeks ago today so hopefully things are better next week.

Sorry for the whiny post, I don't have anyone to vent to since I'm told this is what I wanted. Yes I wanted the surgery to hopefully not have the rare condition I have anymore since it might be weight related but it doesn't mean this isn't hard.

Went for my two week post-op checkup. Restrictions lifted. Going to go back to work on Monday, but think I will do 1/2 days for a week. I get to move to puréed foods on Saturday. The best part is that I have lost 31 lbs since my pre-op appointment. Yeah!!!!!!

Is it normal to have a stall within 10 days?? The first week i lost 16 lbs but now d stupid scale wont budge since 4 days!!! Im doing eveythn as per d docs instructions....proteins..walk...evrything....dunno y im scared d surgery wont work for me...!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

Question' date=' for you newly post-sleevers: I hear a lot of struggling getting the protien in, but tell me.... How is the hunger? Better or worse than pre-op liquid diet? ? Very curious as I am on my 2nd day of liquid diet. Not too horrible.[/quote']

I am 8 days post-op, I get 52g of Protein minimum per day just fine using two 8oz drinks, not hungry at all, I think my struggle is getting in the remaining 48oz liquids to make 64oz per day.

Went for my two week post-op checkup. Restrictions lifted. Going to go back to work on Monday, but think I will do 1/2 days for a week. I get to move to puréed foods on Saturday. The best part is that I have lost 31 lbs since my pre-op appointment. Yeah!!!!!!

GREAT weight loss! Congratulations!

Im 6 days Post-op today and I am feeling really good. For the first time I hate something besides a liquid. I ate chicken noodle Soup. It went down really well and didn’t hurt like when I was eating just broth. Because I had my surgery in Mexico and I don’t have a dr to follow up with I feel like I’m using this forum as my post op care and diet. Is there a diet online maybe with choices of foods I can eat? When you start soft foods can you eat anything soft?

When I saw I have a 20 lbs. loss I was very excited this morning. I woke up with very little back pain: which my doctor told me before it was weight related. Looking forward to being all healed up so I can enjoy doing things with my children again.

15 days out, nutritionist moved me to pureed yesterday so I could start getting protein.. None of the liquid Proteins agree with me and go right through me... I came home and had some egg salad... OMG that was the best egg salad lol.... I am starting to feel a bit better as a result of eating food with at least some texture....

So today I tried Cream of Wheat made with skim milk and 2 packets of Splenda. Next time I will only use one packet

of sweetener though. Much prefer oatmeal though. And all I can say is that our grocery bill is going to be SO much cheaper with me not eating. One serving of anything lasts me for days on end. It sure is weird. This afternoon I heated up some Campbell's Tomato and Sweet Basil Bisque. The container has 2 cups in it but I just poured out 3oz into my little Dixie cup and ate that. Oh, and I spooned out the tomato chunks since I am not supposed to have those yet. It tasted so good! Also, today I drank my first glass of plain ol' skim milk. Poured one cup at Breakfast and split it between breakfast and lunch. I tasted funny this morning but I think that is because I was also chewing my nasty Vitamins. I really need to order the pills next time. These chewables are so big and gritty. At lunch the milk tasted much better. Having a better day than yesterday. Day 10 post-op....