Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I am 9 days out....so far so good....no nasuea or vomitting....im down 16pounds....but d scale has not moved down since two days....is stall possible so early???

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

zowie we welcome you

mufasa i feel you on that. we have free food inthe cafe we shall see

stallisa welcome glad you came over

mom how far out are you and maybe its to soon to add solids.

well guys i didi something really really bad today. i went to the store and got a cupcake. i ate it didnt feel anything but it was a little heavy in my tummy i now have diarriia but i dont know if its from that because i made some tuna with light mayo and relish and i have that vomit feeling in my chest just a little to notice. hummmmmmmmmmmm. im going to try the tuna again to make sure it wasnt that and now i dont want to see no sweets cake candy none of it yukkkkkkkk. wierd huh?

Well most likely it was the tuna bec a little cupcake never hurts anyone. (kidding) but do remember food has its addictive properties. They did a study on the brain of people who eat carbs and cakes etc and they compared it with the brains of drug addicts... In the brain scans they saw the same receptors light up for the foodies as it does for the drug users. It's crazy....but now you are armed with tools to change your brain. I'm with you on that. Never had I thought of it this way but I am seeing myself for what it is... Carb addictions...sugar n sweet addictions... It's a challenge but as they say in twelve steps one day at a time.

Sent from my htc evo 3D using VST

Well, I've been on full liquids for two whole weeks. I supposed to start pureed today. I did eat a sargento light cheddar cheese stick last night. Teeny tiny bites chewed into oblivion. Went down fine.

I did have this most horrendous bout of diahrrea before bed last night. Haven't had that in a couple weeks. Have no idea what that was about. I did stop all my meds except the nexium two days ago. Perhaps just my body getting back to normal?

But I have the pureeds ready to go. Vienna sausages sounds like an awesome idea. At least those have flavor. I bought baby food. But I'm gonna spice it up. Worried a bit about it though. Especially since the first meal it suggests is an egg. I loved eggs before the sleeve. I hope I still do. Cheapest and most complete form of Protein out there. Guess I'll find out.

Nervous.

I am 5 days post op and down 17 lbs. I am having a terrible time sleeping. I can’t seem to get comfortable. I have an aching in the middle of my upper back. Is that normal? I do well getting my Water and Protein down. Every time I drink some broth I have terrible stomach pain. I had had my sleeve done is Mexico so I have no dr here to let me know if what is going on is normal. Im relying on what I read.

I think that we've all had some bad back pain. Especially in the beginning. Mine has mostly subsided. And I'm 2 weeks post op. Try drinking some light juices maybe instead of broth. Sometimes the Soups and broth in the beginning just made me gag. At first my doc was mostly concerned that I get in my Water and my Vitamins.< /p>

I am 5 days post op and down 17 lbs. I am having a terrible time sleeping. I can’t seem to get comfortable. I have an aching in the middle of my upper back. Is that normal? I do well getting my Water and Protein down. Every time I drink some broth I have terrible stomach pain. I had had my sleeve done is Mexico so I have no dr here to let me know if what is going on is normal. Im relying on what I read.

I too have had some back pain. Yesterday was pretty bad but it was also my first day of soft solids so eggs, cottage cheese, applesauce. Most everything felt stuck and when that happens it radiates to my middle upper back. I am assuming this is normal.

zowie we welcome you

mufasa i feel you on that. we have free food inthe cafe we shall see

stallisa welcome glad you came over

mom how far out are you and maybe its to soon to add solids.

well guys i didi something really really bad today. i went to the store and got a cupcake. i ate it didnt feel anything but it was a little heavy in my tummy i now have diarriia but i dont know if its from that because i made some tuna with light mayo and relish and i have that vomit feeling in my chest just a little to notice. hummmmmmmmmmmm. im going to try the tuna again to make sure it wasnt that and now i dont want to see no sweets cake candy none of it yukkkkkkkk. wierd huh?

Sounds like dumping...i did that last night i ate a cookie. I found out my tummy isnt happy with super sweet stuff. But you get the nauseas feeling and then diarrhea...fun times

I hope that goes away for you soon...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thank you <3

well I survived my first shift back at work.. 13 hours of surgical fun (I work in the operating room) LOL I was amazed that at just 12 days out my energy level is same as pre-op.. maybe even better since I'm not putting all the crap (diet coke, fatty foods, sugar) in my body like before ;)

I packed 2 Protein shakes and some Soup and Vitamin Water zero. Have to say it was tough getting all my Water in because we obviously aren't allowed any food/drink anywhere in the operating room so everytime I was between surgeries I'd run to the locker room where my Vitamin water zero was stashed LOL got in about 70 grams Protein and found out my hospital serves some AWESOME SF frozen yogurt :D

OH! and they give us a new set of scrubs to wear everyday so thank GOD I don't have to buy new ones as I lose weight... but yesterday I went and grabbed my usual size that I was wearing pre op and guess WHAT?! I'm already down a size!!!! wahoooooooo!

we are all so awesome. we did something that most ppl wouldnt think of doing or afraid and we had the courage to do it. we got through the worse part guys now the rest is up to us.

after that cupcake yesterday i am turned off from sweets for now yuk. i am sitting here with my sugar free oatmeal and cant finish it all yippeeeeeeeee.

last night i ate soft food and guess what i stayed full i didnt even want to eat 3 hrs later but i did in order to keep my metabolism going.

well on my way to the first follow up visit. and i meet with baratric nutrution person today lots of questions for both.

talk to you guys when i get back

Wow I really need to check in more than every 2-3 days cuz there is so much going on! Ok so update for me. My husband and I finally got back home on Mon (yes my surgery was in Mexico) I'm day 10 and down 13 lbs from day of surgery. I advanced to full liquids this week. Enjoying my nectar proteins- have chocolate truffle and vanilla bean torte. Cream of wheat isn't as bad as I thought I would be and loving the creamy Soups. Still having nausea occasional mostly first thing in the mornings.

Head hunger is getting better thankfully! How's everyone else doing with that?

Has anyone's sense of smell changed? Things smell different now' date=' including my husband. LOL. Is this permanent or just a "phase"?[/quote']

I totally have a stronger sense of smell going on kinda like I did when I was pregnant.

Well, it appears that any Protein that has ANY sugar in it, goes right through me... Spoke with the nutritionist and they moved me to pureed so that I can start taking my Protein via food. My blood pressure is down low and I have no energy because I was only drinking Water, sf popcicles, and cream soup.. YIPPEE now I can have anything that is mashable EXCEPT meat, bread, and Pasta...

Oh and Sonic sells a Sunrise smoothie... it is NOT ON THEIR MENU but they do make it.... strawberry, banana, a splash of orange juice and a scoop of their "ice cream" which is actually ice milk... YUMMMIEEE! and here is the nutritional info... a little high in calories BUT VERY high in protein and that's exactly what I needed right now... http://calorielab.com/restaurants/so...oothie/14/2046

23 pounds down since pre-op... exhausted but happy that I can progress my diet..

Wow I really need to check in more than every 2-3 days cuz there is so much going on! Ok so update for me. My husband and I finally got back home on Mon (yes my surgery was in Mexico) I'm day 10 and down 13 lbs from day of surgery. I advanced to full liquids this week. Enjoying my nectar proteins- have chocolate truffle and vanilla bean torte. Cream of wheat isn't as bad as I thought I would be and loving the creamy Soups. Still having nausea occasional mostly first thing in the mornings.

Head hunger is getting better thankfully! How's everyone else doing with that?

your nausea first thing in the mornings might be all the acid juices in your empty sleeve.... might try drinking some Water first thing to dilute it....it works for me so well that I have been drinking 8 oz Water in middle of night when I get up to pee. It takes me 30-45 min but usually little dog has to go out to pee also.

I am happy to report today that I am feeling much better. I went back to the liquid stage and do not have any heartburn. I was able to get down my 6oz Protein Shake in about 40 minutes. I am also able to drink Water and not feel that little pain at the bottom of my stomach. So happy right NOW!!