Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 Post Op: The Unexpected & My Extended Hospital Stay...

You are not alone. You can read my story in the sleeve stories (the story you don't want to hear but should). I've been up and down but more often down. We are finally hiring a full time nurse tomorrow. I'm two weeks out and in constant pain. My baby can't touch me. This has been hell.

You are not alone. You can read my story in the sleeve stories (the story you don't want to hear but should). I've been up and down but more often down. We are finally hiring a full time nurse tomorrow. I'm two weeks out and in constant pain. My baby can't touch me. This has been hell.

Thanks. Ironically, I actually read your post a couple of days before my surgery and just read it again to remember exactly what had happened. Compared to your complications, mine are probably a cake walk, although it doesn't feel like it right now. ;) I was sent home from the hospital last night (against my husband's wishes) bc truly I just think the nurses I had didn't want to deal with me anymore. I had a horrible experience with them and will be writing a formal complaint once I have enough strength to do so. Because my reaction to the anesthesia is rare and they had not seen it before, they wanted me to wait long after I was in pain to give me pain meds, etc. I have never felt more discriminated against in my life.

Aside from that, I am still "bed bound" so to speak only bc I can't get up on my own. I am able to get to the bathroom with my husband's help so I try to do that every couple of hours. I'm having to stay in our bonus room and sleep in a recliner bc we don't want to take the chance of my dogs jumping on me. I am able to hold down puréed food and liquids though so aside from the reaction to anesthesia I am doing fine. I have had no other complications and I feel as though I have enough energy to exercise, etc except for the small issue of not being able to move my body due to fatigued muscles. haha. Sounds silly I know, but I'm trying to give people a feel for where I am. It is sad that I had a perfect surgical experience and then had the random side effect to the drugs.

I'm still on pain meds for the muscle pain and tummy discomfort. Taking 7.5 lliquid loratab about every 4 hours so that is helping some. The main thing I have to do is just be patient bc with the muscle involvement I have to wait for my muscles to heal themselves similar to after working out except I would have never been in this shape after workign out. ;) I think in progressing nicely and since this is like 1.5% I think everyone else may be safe from this complication this month. So, really hoping everyone else goes out and has an amazing surgery and recovery experience that would make me jealous!

Thanks again to everyone for checking in and reminding me that I'm not alone. I am lucky to have a husband who waa able to take off work and is bending over backwards to meet my every need right now and we don't have kids yet so I know I have it good compared to you guys who have a family to take care of.

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

Rach

Oh rach, I feel for you honey. It was all supposed to be so easy wasn't it :). We are both blessed with wonderful spouses it sounds like, and at least we can be thankful about that. I'm stilll at zero energy. I got left at home with two bottles of Water and dh came home to me crying...I wanted one so badly and couldn't open them. He also set my tea six inches too far away so I couldn't drink that. Reaching out with that arm causes spasms. Lol the poor man married a very tough woman and now comes home to milk toast.

If you get bored there feel free to join me at our new hospital wing lol. The food and tea isn't bad, you just can't reach it lol

I was able to walk today! Muscle soreness disappeared just like the anesthesiologist said it would. My tummy is still super sore and swollen so I have a little ways to go until I'm running around again, but definitely glad to make some progress. Hope you start making more progress soon. I know how badly it bites to be down and out. Take care!

Yea rach! Does this mean you get to go home soon?

I have a long ways to,go but they say by the end do next I shall feel much better. Let's hope they are right. Help wise next week is a challenge. My husband is hosting a fund raiser upon Thursday. I think in north Dakota. He kinda hastobethere and the day prior is all security stuff. My anny is on vacation all that week in Florida. I have to see if I can find a mom or dad I trust to take my son to,school,and brijng him home.

Oh, they sent me home Thursday night. I thought I'd said, sorry. I am living in our bonus room in a recliner since I can't yet lay down in a bed. It is getting old fast.

What a predicament you're in! I hope you can find someone you trust to help you out. I can't imagine having to navigate all of this with children. Bless you!

My hubby goes back to work tomorrow and it's making me nervous bc I'm nowhere near 100% so I can't imagine how scary that is for you knowing that you are in worse shape than me. Hoping we both get better soon! :)

i missed that but ive missed a lot lately lol.

i hope you are up and around soon hun. i think i hit my breaking point today but i still have weeks to go. i know its hard, but tryto stay strong!

i missed that but ive missed a lot lately lol.

i hope you are up and around soon hun. i think i hit my breaking point today but i still have weeks to go. i know its hard' date=' but tryto stay strong!

[/quote']

You too girl. I hope things get better sooner rather than later. I took a shower and actually dried my hair today so I feel like a million bucks compared to the last few days. ha. It's funny how something as simple as blow drying your hair can make you feel a little normal. ;)

Hang in there and keep me posted on your progress.

clean hair is a form of heaven men dont understand lol

im gladyou had the energy because while im sureit woreyou out, you probably feel like a million bucks.

I hope you are doing better! I was sleeved Sept. 8th & there have been some uncomfortable times, for sure, but nothing like you have had. Hang in there! Praying for you.

tired of it all honey? i sort of hit a,wall day 16 that im having trouble getting over.

Iggychic: *big and gentle hug* did you get that full time nurse yet ?

Sleevedreamz: I told the doctor & nurses that I don't do well with morphine but they gave it to me anyhow - resulted in 2 days of hellish pain, fear & nausea. Stupid people. I guess I'll never be a heroin addict. Cool.

Sleevedreamz: I told the doctor & nurses that I don't do well with morphine but they gave it to me anyhow - resulted in 2 days of hellish pain' date=' fear & nausea. Stupid people. I guess I'll never be a heroin addict. Cool.[/quote']

Well, I work in the medical field and there are some people who truly care and are excellent at what they do, but this is unfortunately not always the case. I will never understand some people. *sigh*

Sleevedreamz: I told the doctor & nurses that I don't do well with morphine but they gave it to me anyhow - resulted in 2 days of hellish pain' date=' fear & nausea. Stupid people. I guess I'll never be a heroin addict. Cool.[/quote']

we interviewed two. they were scary. one hated dogs and was afraid of heights so she wanted me to move to the parlor and the other one "hated" children and prefered he not have access to me while she was there.

im going to stick with my mommy and hope to find some replacement childcare.

by the way,i am hyperactive to morphine as well. my son is too. our doctors have siad to clearly state you are ALLERGIC to morphine. this will solve all your problems there hun.