Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi everyone!

:drum:LET THE OCTOBER MUSIC BEGIN!!!

:grouphug:Good luck to all October bandbabies (myself included) as we move on from our big, wide world, into a much smaller place! hehehe!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :)

OCTOBER

1. .
  2. Shellybeans , chrispygal
  3. Pistol and her FIL, Slocumna, GEORGINAVINCENT, KarenS
  4. bigmons23, kayleesmom
  5. Goannabanda, Bandacat, Slim190
  6. JWH, lainer
  7. .

Do we have dates yet for these October bandsters??? Please let me know if I missed your updates!:car: :noidea: :doh:

NO DATE YET:

jDru

JILLMC

pumpkin5

Lots2Luv

Hello everyone!

I am starting my pre-op diet today! yum-yum! I just finished my first slimfast high protien shake for Breakfast. I am doing well so far, considering I just finished it! I have not yet attempted to eat the can so I can say I am doing good. I have my surgery on the 9th with Dr. Ortiz! watch out mexico, here I come! This is going to be a very fast week, trying to get loose ends tied up. To all of you Oct. bandsters, congrats on your decision and the best of luck to everyone!

Wooohoooo Shellybeans and Chrispygal! Your day is here! Good luck today and our prayers are with you that everything goes smoothly. Keep us posted on your progress when you feel up to it.

:clap2: I am scheduled for surgery 10.23 - 3 weeks from today and I am so excited.

I started the shakes last Wednesday and it has been hard. Is anyone else on shakes yet? If so, how is it going? I'm emtional, which usually I'm a rock and not eating has it's up's and down's.

Any feed back would be great!!

:)

My doctor has me on Opti Fast shakes and bars for 4 weeks. The cost was almost $600 for the weeks!

I miss eating, but it's only 4 weeks.....

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by purtynailz@aol. viewpost.gif

What kind of liquid is everyone on? I start on them october 4th!

I love this site, it has been so helpful, I have a notebook full of stuff. Things I need before the surgery. Mary

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I start liquid diet on the 4th too! My surgeon provides HMR 800 at the preop visit. "Provides" it for $129 for a 2 week supply! lol

I hate the liquid diet but I am sticking to it. Part of what makes me heavy is I don't have the self-control other's do with food. Also, I need to lose as much weight as possible before surgery for health reasons and to make the surgery more successful. So I am proud of myself for sticking to this! Plus, it works, lost another pound.

weight.png

hi i am going on thursday for pre op seminar and on the 11th have doc an nut apt what is left and how long do you think i will have to go i do have to mention i had surgery on the 22nd and they said it would be six weeks afterwards but on a norm how long did it take for you after seeing the doc

weightloss.png

I am so happy to have so many October bandsters to share with! We are all about to begin a fantastic journey. If anyone would like, please feel free to pm me. I would love to talk to all of you!

:)

Man, I feel lucky... I did not have to have a barium swallow as part of my pre-op... ewwwww!

helensmith~

Everyone has a different amount of time that it takes to get to this point where we have surgery. It depends on many things, but primarily what kind of insurance you have and what they require of you to be approved. If you go the self-pay route, it would also be faster for you. Another factor is where you plan on having your surgery and what they require from you.

As far as my own personal journey, I went to my seminar in June, and am being banded this month. Don't let that discourage you though, some take longer and some not as long at all.

As for your surgery, I would definitely tell them about it! You don't want to endanger yourself no matter how much you want this procedure. It's not worth it...and who knows, maybe it is a surgery that won't make much of a difference as far as how long it takes you.

Good luck!

My doctor has me on Opti Fast shakes and bars for 4 weeks. The cost was almost $600 for the weeks!

Buy it from the pharmacy.

:omg: Sounds like you are getting ripped off. I got mine over the counter from a cheap pharmacy and also some on eBay.

Here in Australia, we can buy boxes of Optifast shakes for about AU$45 - $50 for a box of 21. You only need 1 box per week. The choc / berry bars are about AU$25 for a box of 6. chicken Soup and choc mousse dessert are about AU$35 for a box of 8. All up I spent around AU$200 and got a box of everything.

I like the bars, choc shakes and choc mousse the best, and could forget about the vanilla shakes and chicken soup.

My date is October 17th and I started my liquid diet yesterday. I am drinking the EAS Advant Edge Carb Control. I mix one up in the morning in my Magic Bullet - a great little blender that you can get at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $59.95 and you can usually get a 20% off coupon. I miss something crunchy and so take 6 Triscuits for my starch to fill that need.:hungry:

Hello ladies!! I am home! :clap2: I'm feeling pretty good today. So good that they let me leave the hospital waking, and not in a wheel chair. lol. That was a good sign. I'm a little loopy right now b/c I just took some pain meds, but overall I feel great. Pre-op prepping was tough, that's for sure. It took 6 tries to get the IV in me. :faint:But everyone was really nice, and I woke up very peacefully in recovery. I just keep sleeping and sleeping, but I know this to be a side effect of anetesia for me.

I won't lie - I am sore though. My shoulders are KILLING me! The soreness in my stomach feels like I've been kicked in the stomach, or worked out to the point where it is sore just to move. lol. Getting in and out of bed is not too easy. lol. But overall, I can't complain. I really do feel fantastic! The sugery itself was not as bad as expected it to be.

And now I'm officially banded. I can't beleive it! Shellybeans I hope you are feeling just as good as I am. And good luck to the other bandsters who are going this week. You'll do fantastic!!

Congrats Chrispy!!! I am glad you made it thru w/o complications.

Yayyy Chrispy!!! You and Shellybeans are the first ones to go....you brave women! It's so great to hear that you are doing okay. You are banded now...Wow!!!!

:clap2: