Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Big Girl Banded,

Where in Virginia? My Daughter lives in Virginia Beach, I have been there 8 times and will go again November 17-26th. I LOVE that Town!!! She is 23 and a teacher, her boyfriend is in the Navy at Oceana.

Good Luck on your banding on Oct 12th. I am on the 17th can't wait. I feel like I am fighting a cold. Seems like everyone around me is sick. I do not want to cancell my surgery. I will be so sad if that happens. Don't want the liquid diet anymore than I have too. LOL

Mary

Goannabanda, sorry to hear you've had it a little rough. I would definitely say my recovery was more difficult than I thought it would be. Hang in there. Every day it gets a better.

Lin - congratuations on your speedy recovery! Good for you! It's so weird how everyone reacts so differently.

So I can hardly beleive it, but I have lost more weight. I thought I would lose a lot during the liquid stage, but I didn't think it would all happen in the first week! I went into surgery at 268 and I weighed in last night and this morning at 251.5. For kicks I tried on a smaller size pants, and they fit. I can't believe this!! Hopefully I don't gain it all back when I start mushies. lol.

Good luck Lots2Luv. We will be thinking of you on Monday!

You know...I haven't owned a scale in over a year now, and I am now wanting to go out and buy one today, I take that as a good sign! I can't remember the last time I looked forward to weighing myself!

event.png

Don't forget me! I will be banded on October 19th. I am preparing for the liquid stage that I start on October 12.

I'm home from surgery!! I was banded on Oct. 5. I feel surprisingly great. Yes I have some of the expected shoulder pain and almost no stamina. But I feel great. My friend who was banded two weeks ago had me up and walking every hour as soon as possible after surgery. That helped tremendously. By the next morning I felt almost like myself again. I'm trying not to overdo it because I know my body needs its energy to heal my insides. But really this has been a very smooth process. Good luck to all of you who are scheduled this month. Remember to take a heating pad to the hospital and keep walking!!!

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to hear about surgeries that have already happened! I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling well, considering. It's getting me excited for my surgery.

Speaking of my surgery...I had a colonoscopy and endoscpy on Thursday to try to determine where the bleeding was coming from that is causing my anemia. The doc did find a polyp (benign), internal hemorrhoids (not bleeding) and some irritation in my stomach. None of those things are causing the bleeding! So then I had to go to radiology (very loopy from the sedation drungs ha ha!) and drink barium and take a bunch of x-rays. Barium is nasty btw..it's like drinking glue. The x-rays came back normal, so we still don't know the cause of the bleeding. So now I have to swallow a pill that has a camera in it! It is called M2A (mouth to anus) capsule. It takes pictures of my intestines over a few hours and its transmitted to a monitor that i wear on my belt. Weird huh?

The good news is that the doc ruled anything serious so I have scheduled my Lap-Band surgery for October 26!! Cross your fingers that everything goes well...

Purtynailz i am in richmond. I also got a bad snotty cold but the doctor said that my chest xrays looked great and as long as i did not have a fever within that week that i should be fine ..no canceling. I have been drinking Soup and liquids so much anyways during this time that i think it should be fine. Just watch the meds.

I told him that my long term health is most important. it took me more then a week to put on this weight. If i have to wait another week or two or risk major situation like death then I will glady wait.

Hope you are not sick, let us know how you are doing.

Well everyone I am just 5 days away from bandville. I am so nervous. Its really set in today and I am having all these fears. My husband who will also be banded the same day said he was feeling really good on the lo carb high protien diet and said "maybe we should wait and try a diet one more time". But after thinking we've tried that one more time thing about 20 or more times.

All we have left to do is our echocardiagrams on Monday that is since we've both took phen fen years ago. All our blood work came back okay and so its a go for Thursday. Anyone else having it done that day if you are James and I will remember you in our prayers.

Im still here. I havnt posted in awhile. I only have 3 days to go. Im going to Mexico on my own and am feeling pretty confident. My friends took me out to dinner tonight and they all are telling me to e-mail them the minute I get there and call them every hour on the hour. They think Im nuts for going alone. First they thought I was nuts for going to Mexico, now its YOUR GOING Alone! The way I see it is at least they care enough. So anyway just wanted to post to remind you hat Im leaving Monday and will be banded on Tuesday. Cant wait! I will keep you all in the know and if any of you pre bandsters have any questions I will be happy to share. Take Care to all the new and old bansters.

Oct 10:clap2:

Wow threebeauties! There will be 4 of us *bandsisters* on the 19th now! I can't believe that we are less than 2 weeks away from this now!

JDru~

I had to swallow barium too...I can relate, it was awful! The camera thing you mentioned is really bizarre, I hadn't heard of that before. Technology just gets crazier and crazier!

Jodi-T~

I am doing the low carb diet right now too, the first day I felt really tired and I think my body was just in shock from going to eating everything I want to being so restricted, but now I am feeling really good. The thought you and the hubby had of dieting like this also crossed my mind, but then I thought, "No way!" I have come this far to get to this point, so there is no turning back now!

Good luck to everyone this week! You all rock! :rockon:

event.png

Just wanted to wish good luck to Kilcollins, Ladyred, MarySue33 and anyone else getting banded tomorrow. Everything will go great!! Make sure to post when you're home to let us know how you're doing.

And good luck to Roxy on your trip to Mexico! Let us know when you're home safe!

hello everyone

I'm new to this site..... I was banded Friday 10/6/06.... Glad to see there are others here in October.... the surgery went fine, my doctor is Dr. Spiegel, he did a really great job.....I'm still feeling the soreness, the only thing that's been a pain is the gas...I've heard alot of people complain about it in their shoulders, but I mostly feel mine in my back, just a little hard to get comfortable.

I'm on nothing but liquids, it's not as hard as I thought it would be... but it's only been 2 days...lol.....I have chicken and beef broth.... cranberry, white grape and apple juices.... and we bought Ensure, but I drank half of one last night, and couldn't finish it... it made me need to clear my throat, I guess because of the milkyness in it.... but since my tummy is still sore... I don't plan on drinking those again anytime soon. As far as Vitamins, I bought flinstone vitamins, I chew them up to almost liquid. If anyone as any other suggestions on a clear liquid diet, please let me know... I don't know how long I will last on just chicken and beef broth.< /span>

Thanks

Joanne