Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I found out that my surgery will be at 3 p.m. on the 19th, I am going to meet with the anesthesiologist on the 13th. I think I have lost a little weight on this pre-op diet!

I love reading everyone's posts everyday!

Good luck to everyone this week!

event.png

Jodi-T, thanks for the input. I remember my Dr mentioning that it was something they repaired if they ran across it. I just had NO idea I had one so I guess I'm surprised more than anything. Just don't want to do anything to mess up my pretty new band.

Best of luck to you and your DH! Don't you guys be fighting over the heating pad. The nurse I had in pre-op is also banded with her husband. She said they could go out to dinner w/ her 14 yr old son and the 3 of them could order just 1 meal. LOL....Still hard to imagine at this point. I know you must be getting excited. Congrats, you're in countdown mode!!!

Well, Pistol just got back from Dr Rumbaut's in Monterrey on Friday (surgery on Tuesday). Gas and some tenderness around the port (and feeling like she ought to be DOING something) are her biggest complaints. The flight back caused some discomfort due to changes in atmospheric pressure. Throw in a little PMS and we've got a loaded Pistol:) Did I mention that she is a redhead?

We're doing 40-50 grams of Protein and less than 20 grams of carbs per day. I've tried several different recipes with the Protein powders. One that tasted pretty good is just Water, ice, vanilla powder, and Crystal Lite (to taste) in a blender. Cream of Wheat w/vanilla powder tastes OK too. Advant Edge Carb Control premixed shakes are good on the go.

Pacific Natural Foods makes pureed Soups that you simply shake, pour, heat and serve. They are very tastey and organic. The french onion Soup tastes much better than boullion and has half the sodium. I blend a small amount of unflavored soy protein into the Soup prior to heating. I purchased everything at the King Soopers except supplements (which are split between Vitamin World and GNC).

She is down 8 lbs. since this time last week.

That's all for now,

Pistol's Husband

PS: Isopure may be the most foul stuff I've ever had in my mouth.

Congrats to JWH, Houstongirl1 & Pistol on getting their bands! Good to hear you are all home recovering.

Sorry to hear you had a rough time of it JWH! Hope things are getting better.

It's so exciting to hear from all of you who have gotten their bands! It's making me anxious to get mine!

Two weeks from today!! Woo Hoo!

I was Banded 10/3 and am doing great! Never used my pain meds at all. I did use some liquid childrens Tylenol and that was all. I am on a liquid diet until the 17th. Then Mushies. I have lost 12 lbs with the liquid before diet and the liquid after surgery diet so I couldn't be happier.

Hey all just got home from the hospital and I feel good, way too sleepy due to meds but very minimal pain. It feels very surreal to me right now but I'm sure as the time passes it will sink in.

I want to thank all of you for the kind words and support I feel that all that good energy came in there with me today and all went REALLY SMOOTH.

HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL!!!!

:hug:

Hello All, LOT2LOV and everyone else who got banded today Congrats..i'm glad to read that all went well. As for me, i went for my pre-op appointment on today only to see that the nurse scheduled me for the wrong date. i'm scheduled to go back again on tomorrow. i'll keep you all posted. I'm glad to be in this forum..It's really cool

Congrats Lin and Lots2Luv! I'm so glad that your experience has been so positive and relatively pain free! Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.

After much searching here with no luck, I finaly found liquid Tylenol while is was in California visiting my family this week, so I bought 2 bottles! Hope not to need them, but glad to have them just in case.

I have my pre-op seminar this week, and am hoping to get a shopping list of "must have" items. Although, I have already compiled a pretty good list from this forum!

Wow, Kennedy, welcome to the 10/19 "bandwagon". I am on the 19th too and started my pre-op diet yesterday. I wish I could sugar coat it but.......it sucks not being able to eat. The thing that keeps me going is knowing what the results will be when I stick to the rules and guidelines.

My sweet hubby said he was so proud of me last night when I said "I'm hungry, goodnight" and went to bed. I told him I had no choice, I couldn't eat and he said "you ALWAYS have choices". He is right. We all made this decision and it wasn't easy for most of us, I'm sure. Its a big deal.

It is so great to read all of your stories and experiences and insights. It is truly helping me as I get closer to my date. You are all doing so great and I wish happiness and success for each and every one of you.

This site is the only place (besides hubby) where I can really relate and share since I am choosing to share this journey with only a few. Thank you

Threebeautiese

Hi All!!!!!!:)

Well today has been my best day yet!!!!!!!!! :clap2: ...... 4th day out of surgery and I'm feeling really good, most of the gas pain is gone, don't get me wrong, I still have it, just not nearly as bad as the last few days.... the soreness from the incisions is nearly gone, I'm thinking maybe another day or two and I won't feel a thing..........YAY!!!!!!!!!

I definately need to use my little breathing thing more, because it still is a little painfull to take deep breathes.

Oh yes... and how could I forget..........CONGRATS TO ALL THAT WERE BANDED YESTERDAY!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :thumb:

Good news. Pistol broke the 200# mark this morning. She started out at 225# before her pre-op diet. She is now 198#. YEA!

Oh yeah, congrats threebeauties! Turning down the "midnight snack" is a huge deal. You can do it! I've been proud of my wife every time she walks away from a bad habit.

Keep telling your husband that you need and appreciate his support...every day. We men like to "fix" things, and it is very frustrating because this is something we cannot just "fix" like an alternator belt. Let him help when he can.

hang tough,

Pistol's Husband

Good morning all,

Threebeauties hang in there and GREAT job on your will power. I to started my pre-op liquids on yesterday and I found m getting a attitude at time throughtout the day...lol..

But, it's like you said it's all about commitment, we can and will do this...

Also, Pistol..AWESOME job losing beneath the 200 mark..nice

Pistols hubby

You sound like a great guy. My hubby is also a great guy, all he wants is to see me happy. Size is irrelevant. He has a tough road ahead of him too..........eating what I love makes me happy but losing weight would make me happier:)

Please congratulate Pistol on a job well done and to keep up the good work. Those who have had the surgery before me are my inspiration.

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and for telling the "truth" no matter how funny or embarrasing it may be:clap2:

Good morning all! Seems like I spoke too soon on the minimal pain when I got home yesterday. I think I still may have had some anesthesia in me because I woke up really sore today and with that shoulder pain everybody talks about from being pumped with gas.:)

Overall I cannot complain because I've been walking around the block just fine every couple of hrs taking in the beautiful sunshine.:hippie:

Ahhh sounds good I think I'm gonna go do that right now. Chat with ya'll soon.