Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Although I am looking forward to starting my pre-op diet, I know that it is going to be hard. My surgeon insists that I clean all the junk food out of the house immediately, but it is hard when you have 3 children, even though I know that they don't need it either and DH is insulin dependent diabetic.

This is my last week before I start pre-op diet and I can tell that my appetite is picking up and I find myself thinking about things that I won't ever be able to eat again. Dang! I thought I had that demon whipped!

So I went to my family doctor today to follow up on my anemia. It turns out that they found blood in my stool so now I have to go in for a colonoscopy and an upper GI scope! I was scheduled for Lap-Band surgery on October 5, but now I have to go in for this stupid scope on the 5th instead. The doc seems to think it's nothing too serious, but she wants to check it out becasue my Iron is very, very low. But now I just keep thinking of these horrible diseases I could have and I'm freaking myself out! I hope things will be ok and I can still get the surgery done in October.

Sorry to hear about the delay Jessica. I'm sure you're bummed. Better to make sure you're healthy though and like you said hopefully they'll be able to reschedule you for October.

So I had my pre-op testing today. It was a snap. They made me take a pregnancy test though, which I had to laugh about. I never got my period this month, which is bizzare, but I haven't had sex in almost a year so I know I'm not pregnant. They had to do it to cover their bases though. Oh well. lol.

Just 7 days to go until I'm banded. yipee!!!!!!!!!

Im getting my band on the 18th. I just made my pre-op appointments and they it is on the 5th of October. I have been waiting and waiting for this and it is almost here. I'm a little scared but I know I will love being banded. Good luck to everyone.

Tracey

Jessica,

I'm so sorry to hear about the delay. I hope everything turns out ok with the testing you have to go through, and you can get banded in no time.

Audrey

Hello, I am seeing everyone ( DRS.) on the 3rd too and starting the liquid on Oct 4th. I start at 8 am and won't get done with appointments till 1:30pm. I am seeing everyone on the same day I guess. I have seen about everybody to get this banding. I have had 4 appointments just to get this started, then EDG, Colon thingie, counseling 6 wks, sleep apena and treated for 4 wks. And all along everyone kept telling me that it would only be 2wks longer.HA. But it is finally here. The count down starts.

I would love it if everyone would start telling us all of their stories and then go right into our surgeries.

I am going to the MMPC in Grand Rapids, Mi and they have good food chili and Soups, pudding, oatmeal, shakes, drinks, and bars, its part of their medical weight loss program. Soy Protein! Was on it for 5 months before this. Over a year ago. You have to do that 1st did lose 42 but gained it right back, plus more.

Lets make October the most sucessful month of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary

I'm getting banded by Dr. Rumbaut October 3. I'm getting really nervous, and wish I could have done this locally, but still definitely looking forward to it.

Shellybeans we are band-mates!! Wahoo!!

So October bansters, are you getting anxious at all? Up until this week I've been excited, but the past couple of nights I've noticed I've had a hard time sleeping and I have a ton of nervous energy during the day. I'm not sure if it's worrying about getting work caught up, or worrying about the surgery. I'm not nervous, so to speak, I just feel really anxious about the whole thing. Kind of like a kid the week before Christmas though. lol. I just know that my world is going to change so much and even though I am looking forward to it, it is still nerve-wracking.

Also, I think I know now why doctors put you on a pre-op diet. Either from the stress or the feeling that I'll never be able to have "this" again, I've been thinking of all the foods I want to eat this week. lol. Today I had a turkey sandwich on a roll for lunch and a cheeseburger for dinner. Not bad, but certainly not any kind of a diet. lol

I just got my approval for the financing end of things today, yeah! Im not sure what day but I wish to have it done the second week of October with Dr. Rubaut. Im soooo excited for everyone!

I can't wait until Friday the 13th..hehehe. I am sick of eating so much. Do yall ever get disgusted with how much food you can put away.:hungry: I swear I have a hollow leg...lol. I am so tired of being able to eat more than my husband. I just can't wait. Seems like the days are just putting by so slowly. I am ready to stop the maddness...lol:help:

Hey Anna,

I love our list! Can you change me to 10/23? I start my pre-op diet on 10/9 but the surgery is 10/23. Sorry for the confusion!

Are we awesome or what!? :wacko:

Here's our list so far of who is being banded when. I'll update it as we go.

Good luck to all.

OCTOBER

1. Dani-X, Kilcollins, Ladyred
  2. Kellieatkins30
  3. .
  4. Jodi-T
  5. KStar
  6. .
  7. .
  8. LIHIVE, tiredepot
  9. purtynailz@aol.
  10. mzsmartypantz, traceylb36