Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I will be banded on Oct. 5, 2006.

My friend just got banded a couple of days ago and I'm super anxious to get started. My biggest concern right now is my typical "pre-diet" behavior of binging on what I think I'm going to be missing. I gained 5 lbs this week due to that behavior. I don't have to go on a pre-surgery fast but I better do something to get this under control. Two weeks!!!! I can do it!

I have been trying real hard to not go on a "farewell tour" and to try to make better food choices. However, I will say this... before Oct. 4th gets here and I start pre-surg diet, I will be going to Olive Garden :heh: Alfredo and breadsticks... that is my big good-bye plan lol

Hi Bandsters, I just got word today from my Dr.'s that my insurance was approved. First time out and within 1 week. They also asked if I would be willing to move my surgery date to October 2 rather than October 30. Of course I said, ABSOLUTELY! I go for my pre op tomorrow. I am so excited. I am amazed at how easy the process has been for me. I'm gonna start liquid diet on Sunday so that I can get prepared for post surgery. But, believe me, I will be having a super Chinese dinner on Saturday. Wish all you October Bandsters the best.

OOOHHH!! Goody!! Another band sister - BandaCat - looks like October 5th is a big Banding day! With JDru and myself - that makes three of us on the same day!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Another LBT firend - Wheeler - is having revision surgery on Oct 4th.:clap2: Definitely a busy surgery week in early October.

I didn't pig out before the pre-op diet - I haven't felt the need, as I am (nervously) READY to start my new banded lifestyle. However, I did make sure to have a few things this week that may not be terribly band friendly later, that might take me a while to work up to eating again, or that I shouldn't be eating anyway (eg. sticky bento rice, sushi, asparagus, chocolate and some cheesecake). I only had normal servings of each, at normal times. Since deciding to get banded, a lot of my old habits and attitudes are already changing. I just don't want to eat badly at the moment (hooray!). My girlfiends are taking me out for a Thai buffet on Sunday, and we are having a BBQ party at home for my dad's retirement on 1 Oct, so there'll be couple more good meals yet. :hungry: hehehe!!! I'll just avoid carbs / fried as much as I can, and won't drink any grog or caffeine.:biggrin1:

I lost 1 kilo after Day 1 of my pre-op diet - but spent the whole day and half the night peeing:eek: sorry, TMI (too much information!), so it must be all just Water weight. I am also doing a 15 day digestive system detox (QuickClense, which is just herbal / fibre supplements), so that would be contributing to the Water loss also.

Looking forward to joining bandland with you all!

Hi! My surgery is slated for oct 23rd....

Me too! My pre-op diet starts 10/9 and I'm very excited! I've started having dreams about it as my nerves are a bit frazzled now.

Are any of us October bandsters in the NYC area?

Good luck to all of us! :)

Hi to all, I'm joining the losing side on October 30th. Still seems such a long way away! I'm in Albany, West Oz and will be banded in Perth. I am keeping the butterflies in my stomach flying in formation at this point, but they may scramble closer to the time... Anne from Albany

Hi Everyone again, I finally got my date, October 17th. In Grand Rapids, Mi. I start everything on October 3 from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm. Long day of appointments.I wish it were sooner though. Anyone else on the same date?

Not sure if I will get banded in October or November ... but I thought the more the merrier. I have my first appointment with the doctor this week. I am excited but scared at the same time.

I asked the receptionist when I booked the appointment how long until surgery after the first appointment and she indicated only 3 to 4 weeks. Maybe I will get it just in time for my birthday at the end of October. Suppose I better had that peice of cake now. huh.

I will be joining the ranks of the banded on October 23. I'm having a pre-op seminar on the 11th, and my final consult with the Dr. on the 17th.

I'm so excited about this! I've been researching the band for almost 2 years now. Then one of the gals in the office was banded in July (she's lost 57 lbs since then!), and I decided to go for it.

Surprisingly, I received the approval from insurance in 3 days! Could be because I am impatient once I decide to do something and called them to find out.

The Dr. hasn't said anything about a pre-op diet though. Sounds like a good idea. The gal I work with said the worst thing for her was the hunger pains after the surgery when she was on Clear Liquids. I would think it might be better to condition the system to a liquid diet prior to the surgery. I'll have to ask...

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Audrey

GOOD LUCK to all you October Bandits!! I was banded Aug. 24, and I have NO REGRETS (although I did for the first 2 weeks)!! If you're having a difficult time those first few weeks, just remember that it'll GET BETTER!! I cannot believe how much better I feel........... I'm off Diet Cokes and off sugar, and my cravings have almost completely disappeared! You'll all do great!!!

Hello All!

October will be an exciting month for so many. I hope to be an October bandster too.

The last thing on my long laundry list of required items by the surgeon and the insurance company (CIGNA HMO, TX) is a visit with a Dietician (MD). My appointment is scheduled for, Tuesday, 9/26 (took forever to get in).

Is it strange that I haven't met with the surgeon yet? The only appointment I've had was something called medical certification at the place the surgery will be done (AIGB Hurst, TX). During this visit I met with a Physician Assistant, who determined the additional items I needed. All items on that list are complete (including results) except for the visit with the Nutritionist.

I look forward to going along during this journey.

My surgery is on Oct.9th! Starting pre-op diet on the second. Going to leave here on the 6th, salsa competition on the 7th fly to San Deigo on the 8th, surgery on the 9th and home on the 11th! Just get tired thinking about it. Yesterday I went and bought some Protein Drinks for later. 40 grams in a bottle with 160 calories! I like that. Starting to make home made broths for the week after. Hope everyone will post progress after surgeries, I know I will