Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi Friends!

You guys are all doing so great! I'm jealous!!

I needed a Band Kick in the Buttt!! I've been such a slacker! I've been stuck at 206 for a month (or more) and i know its becuz I've been eating crap. Sure about a half a cup or so of food - but its still crap. I've also been worried about pouch stretching but not like i've taken a few days of liquids to get back on track...

So i am getting off my duff! I'm going to start going to the support groups too.

I'm taking a big risk in my personal life. You guys have heard me complain about my job since the beginning - I'm an account manager for a company that personalizes your debit atm, prepaid health and transit cards... its fine but stupid at the same time and everyones negative and wants out. So i was offered a contract position with Y-Me Illinois and i said heck yeah. I get to go in tomorrow and give my 2 weeks. I've been floating!

My responsibiltes will be to find sponsorship and silent auction items for their big Gala in october - which means by my 1 year bandaversary I have to get my tuckuss into a fabulous dress.

So re-commitment here I come!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Sonia

hi everyone, it's been along time since i posted. i went for my 8 month check up and the dr. is very happy with my weight loss so far. I wish i was as happy as him. I mean i have lost more than i ever would have on my own but i just feel that if i would stick to it better then i would have lost even more. i have been on a platue for a month and it's starting to get on my nerves. i need to start coming and checking in more often because reading everyones post helps me understand what others go through also. i am setting a goal for myself to lose 9# by my birthday which is july 16th. so here goes.

Hey Lisann - you are doing great!

I went in on thrusday for a fill. TTOOOOO Tight! i haven't been able to keep liquids down... a little hot tea here and there and for some reason the pear juice today is staying (thank god!) I go in monday morning for a slight unfill. i wanted some help getting over my plateu but this was sooo not what i had in mind!

Have a great week!

Oooh Soniacan, sorry to hear about being overfilled. That cannot be fun. I am on the border of being too tight, but want to try and give it some time to see if it loosens up some. The only struggle I have is that I can only eat a very small amount in one sitting (1/2 a lean cusine for example) but I want to keep eating. What I'm trying to do now is put the uneaten portion away and telling myself I can finish it in a few hours when I'm hungry again. Along the lines of 6 small meals. We'll see how it works, as I was at a plateau for a couple months. I guess that's fairly common it seems. Anyway Sonia, good luck with the unfill. Hope you're feeling better!

I thought I should check in with you all and say Hi!!!! Chrispygal: thanks for the explanation of sweet spot.'I hope I get it straight soon" I finally started out patient therapy for this other knee. Therapy has been coming to me, now I go to them.This is very painful, needs LOTS OF ICE!!!!, but I am comeing along.I got weighed by my Bariatric Surgeon, I gained 16lbs. in 1 month.I thought I was going to flip.... He told me with this kind of surgery it's all Water, and it will come off..Also the weight of the new knee. "that's1 1/2 lbs difference per knee. In my book it all ads up. Anyway he finally gave me 1/2 cc in my band. So I'm up to 1 1/2cc. I'll go see him in August, and bug him for another 1/2cc. I can feel that the water is almost all off, so I feel better. I will feel better when I read there scale though. Keep in touch Shirley...:whoo::whoo:

Hello everyone! Everyone is doing GREAT! I had the PB of all PB's today! It lasted 3 hours. And now I can barely drink my Soups. Ouch!!!!!!! Soniacan I know your pain. I have definately learned from this one. I have been pbing alot since my last fill and I am sure I could use an adjustment. I have not lost anything in the past 1 month although I go to the gym every day. But, my body is shifting and I can now get into size 16. Was a size 24 when I was first banded. Yeppee! Love shopping now in the regular sections. Hey has anyone heard from Jimboss lately? I have not seen a post from him in quite some time. Hey Jimboss, how are you doin? You have given so much inspiration to me and I am sure many others! Hope you are doing alright!!! Well, to all my October band babies, have a great and Happy Fourth of July!!!

Hi everyone!! June has been such a crazy month for me I haven't been able to log in at all! You are doing great and I missed you. I'm doing pretty good...just need to stop eating so much sugar. It's so hard for me! I have a really good level of restriction right now so I hope to losing some more weight in July. I've only lost about 2 pounds this month. I hope you're all doing well! :eek:

so here it is another month, 9th month, since being banded. I'm still very very happy with my decision to have the band. Yes i would like for the weight to come off faster but in my brain i know that losing it slow it what's best. I was getting discouraged with not really losing anything in the last month and i was finding myself going back to old habits (diet pills, starving) and i finally stopped and told myself that this is not the right way. I didn't have this surgery to go back to my old way of thinking, which never worked for me in the first place. I have been doing a lot of soul searching and decided to quit putting so much pressure on myself and to calm down and keep going at it as i had been since being banded. And right now i'm at a calmer place. For awhile i was telling myself that I'm never going to lose anymore weight that i'm going to be stuck mid way and never no what if feels like to be at a healthy weight. But I know in my heart that i will succeed and get through this and reach my goal. Sorry if this is long, i just had to get this off my chest and tell anyone who is also at a cross roads that hang in there, cause we are going to do it.So here's to a wonderful July

I just found this thread! :clap2: I'm feeling quite guilty :embarassed:only losing 51 pounds since my surgery on 10/16/06, but I think it's going to motivate me. I need to lose 35 more to reach my all time goal. Are you guys doing some special diet to lose this fast? I know the last 2 months I've really been slipping up. I've gone back to bad habits of snacking and eating sweets. Any good tips out there??? :help:

Hey hey hey..... hehe I am so sorry I havent logged in for soooo long. Been on vacation and such..... well vacation was great cause guess what? RAYNIE IS PREGNANT! I KNOW I CANT BELIEVE IT!

I just found out today, the hubby is happy... the in-laws are scarred cause of the band and complications. I cant really find too much info on it. I dont think I need a unfill since I can practically eat everything... lol

Gosh I cant believe I am pregnant....

I have so much too do..... its nice to see you all still alive! :P

I dont have time to read all the posts I missed! I am sorry, please forgive me! *hugs*

~Raynie!

<p>Welcome back! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! to you and your husband...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Congratulations Raynie!! I'm so excited for you.

Losingjusme: You are doing SO awesome! ;)