Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Thanks Jessica! I am so ready for the walk! except for the nagging fear that we'll get caught in lots of rain, my teammates will wimp out or i'll be exhausted by mile 4.

i had a 3 pound gain this week to. thought i would throw the stupid scale away!

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I want in on the challenge too. I would like to try to get to 212 by July 4th. That is 12-14 lbs if you count the 2 lbs I gained last week. lol. But I just got a fill the other day, and man I can tell the difference. I'm hoping to find my sweet spot and get this scale moving again!!

O.K. Someone please explain what this sweet spot is? I don't have a clue.All I no is that with the other knee now replaced, they were monitering all of my foods to about 3000 cal. a day. whew!! I feel guiltey, and terrible... Even my surgeon from Henry Fords called me to see how the surgery went. I said not as good as the other knee, and I got myself a fiil date with him and said please don't hollar to bad about the Water weight, or weight gain!! He said it's expected, so no don't worry about it. Since they have me eating so muchI feel like I am starving to death... I only have 1cc in a 4cc band, so he better put something in it. Please get back on the sweet spot matter. shirley.

Hi Everyone, It has been months since I have logged in - I am just catching up on everyone's latest posts - you are doing awesome!! Great work! I am down to 245 as of today (that is a total of 47 pounds lost since banding on Halloween). I feel so much better and I notice I have alot more energy. I still struggle with learning to follow the rules - I probably PB 2-3x per week - so uncomfortable! I get in this cycle of getting really hungry, then eating too fast & not chewing well enough. Coordinating the not drinking during & after meals is a challenge too at times. I need to be a little more concious about meal times for sure. Tomorrow I begin walking one time around my block everyday! The weather is so much nicer I am substituting that for my "occasional" indoor workout. Hope you are enjoying the summer!

Take care, Kim

I'm not sure what the "sweet spot" is but I'm guessing it is the fill that finally limits you from eating too much and through behavior modification we don't PB. I'm also guessing that "sweet spot" allows to not be hungry for 3-4 hours between meals and lose 1-2 lbs per week. I had my 4th fill in April '07 and don't go back for a check-up until 6/20/07. My surgeon said that I was probably at my sweet spot, but we'd see how things go by the time I return on 6/20. The restriction I have is very good, I can't imagine getting another fill, but he will make that decision during my next visit.

I have been MIA for months now. I just thought I would sign in and see how all my band sisters (and brothers) have been doing. Ok, I will tell the truth, I wanted to see if I was on keel with everyone else too. I guess I am in more need of support from others who are going through the same thing as me more than I knew. When I signed in and started reading posts it was almost as if I had written some of them myself.

I am glad to see everyone doing so well. I have done a lot of thinking lately about my decision to have the band. I have had moments where I have broken down crying wishing that I had done the bypass instead. But when I think harder about it, I know that this was the best thing for me. If I had a nickel for everytime someone has asked me lately if having the band was worth it, I would be a rich woman. My honest answer is YES. I would have never lost this much weight and kept it off on my own. So in the long run, if this is all the weight I get off, I am still SO much better off. I am much healthier, I look and feel better, have more energy, etc.

Just to give a quick update, I had my surgery on Oct. 18th, 2006. My starting weight was 272. I am now down to 235. I started at 26/28 and can comfortably wear 18s now. I have had no complications with the band. I have had 4 fills (and 1 unfill) and I am now at 1.4 cc. I am pbing a lot, everyday and sometimes 2-3 times per day. Some things go down well and some don't and I am way guilty of putting things in my mouth that I shouldn't, too big bites, eating too fast. I know better. So why do I do it??

Thanks for letting me vent. I wish everyone continued success and I promise to be around more.

Lori

Shirley I always heard about the sweet spot myself and wondered how I would know if I found it. Well, with my last fill I think I did. I am FINALLY able to make it 3-4 hours without being hungry and I'm full on a small amount of food - no more than a cup. I have to eat slow - no choice. I've had the fill just over a week and I've lost 4 lbs and I haven't PB'd once. I was beginning to doubt myself too, but now I really get how this little band works. I love this fill!

I'm new. I just now found this thread. I almost always look in the Support section...that's why I missed you guys. But I'm excited that I've found others banded the same time as me!

I want in on this challenge, but I'm not sure what I want the goal to be yet. I original goal was to be under 300 lbs. by my birthday, which is end of July, but I'm not gonna make it.

:faint:

Wow derbygirl, you have done phenomenal! You should be very proud of yourself! 117 lbs lost is no small feat. Great job!

Hi everyone!

i need to get back into the swing of loggin in and checking in.

I thnk I'm in a funk. I loved doing the avon walk again and signed up for the 2008 walk. but even with walking 20 miles i didnt lose a dang ounce!!

aso the walk reinforced how i need to get out of my stupid job and transition into the nonprofit sector, esp development and fundraising wich is no easy feet. goodness.

Also its Saturday evening and I am twidling my thumbs. hubby is on his pc. my aunt i sthrowing a get together for a cousin but i really dn't want to make the trek into the city. I just keep asking myself, have we always been this boring??

oh well. done with my whining!

you guys are doing so fantastically!! keep up the good job!

love,

sonia

Wow derbygirl, you have done phenomenal! You should be very proud of yourself! 117 lbs lost is no small feat. Great job!

Thanks! I started out over 400, so the weight came off fast in the beginning, but it's slowing down now (unfortunately).

The goal shown is short-term. I'm hoping to lose over 240 pounds with the band.

hi everyone, i haven't been around lately and my weight has slowed down,:faint: i havn't had time to go to support groups and have been working and not doing what i should be doing, :help::help:encluding checking in here.. i hope you guys have all been doing better than me. :clap2: I'm starting to do excercise and starting to eat better.. i can't wait to do my normal diet and normal eatting again.. hope your all better doing well..

Hi all. Its been so long since I last posted you probably dont remeber me! I hope u do. Im slowing down but really, really happy with my weight loss so far. I feel like Im in the home stetch but sitting idle. Honestly Im not doing everything I should be though...not on a regular basis (aka)excercise. I have 25 more pounds to hit my goal and then another 10 to be at fight'n weight. Cant hardly believe Im almost there. Ive been catching up on the threads. Ive missed alot! You all are doing so GREAT! Keep up the great work all!

Derbeygirl and Roxy123, you are doing great! Keep up the good work! I know how hard this is and you too are really making it happen. I love to hear how good everyone is doing, I think it makes me get the motivation to keep going myself. I need a fill but am recovering from surgery and the drs. want me to wait awhile. boooooooo! Keep it up!

Lets all just try to do 1 a week? I think I can handle that. LOL

Everybody stop in and just say Hi, I miss everyone! Mary

Derby, that is still awesome! I have a friend who is getting the band, and she is starting out at 400. I'm sure she'll be excited to hear about your progress. You're doing awesome! ;)

Thanks! I started out over 400, so the weight came off fast in the beginning, but it's slowing down now (unfortunately).

The goal shown is short-term. I'm hoping to lose over 240 pounds with the band.