Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

It was Cancer, but,,, they got it all out. So no kemo,or radiation. Just a yearly check up. He should do just fine.

Sonia: Trust me,,, I'm very happy with the Dr's. report.

hi everyone, just checking in, i haven't been here in awhile. I'm still the same, not losing but not gaining either. I feel really good though and i know that i will reach my goal. I'd like to get there by summer clothes shopping time. i hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

Hi All,

I was banded Oct 22. I had to be put in ICU after surgery for 24 hours because of my sleep apena being so bad. The only other issue I had was the incision where the actual band was placed started to bleed a week after surgery, but my doctor said it was okay. It quit after a week and I have been doing good every since.

Weight before lap band journey - 274

Weight day of surgery - 254

Weight as of 12/5 - 234

40 pound lost to date!!! :clap2:

No fills yet.

I eat 2 ounces three times a day and it holds me for 4 - 5 hours. I feel like I have won the weight loss lottery. I hope it stays this way and I won't need any fills, doc says that happens to some people.

Anyone else out there having success with the band without fills?

Hi All,

I was banded Oct 22. I had to be put in ICU after surgery for 24 hours because of my sleep apena being so bad. The only other issue I had was the incision where the actual band was placed started to bleed a week after surgery, but my doctor said it was okay. It quit after a week and I have been doing good every since.

Weight before lap band journey - 274

Weight day of surgery - 254

Weight as of 12/5 - 234

40 pound lost to date!!! :clap2:

No fills yet.

I eat 2 ounces three times a day and it holds me for 4 - 5 hours. I feel like I have won the weight loss lottery. I hope it stays this way and I won't need any fills, doc says that happens to some people.

Anyone else out there having success with the band without fills?

14 months and No FIlls. Lost over 110lbs. I love my band.

Welcome aboard! I havn't seen to many people on this site lately.But once it starts to cook, well, were a good old bunch.Congrats on your weight loss.. Any loss is great rite? So enjoy it.My band is just locked in place, no fills. So I no were you are comeing from. Keep up the great work. Shirley.

hey my oct-06-ers!

just thinking about you guys.

how is everyone.

stress and i have become good friends and my weightloss is stuck. probly cuz i'm drinking to many calories.

hope every1 is going well!

sonia

Where has evey one been??? Don't tell me we have fizzled out...

That's good, Whew!!! I almost got worried for a second.

Plastics! that's great!! I bet your happy... Long time no hear from? So it's nice to hear good news. see ya. shirley...

Hello, Was thinking about starting a group for the 10-06'ers when I ran across this group. Glad I did.

I was banded Oct. 19th. 06. I haven't regretted one minute of it. I made the right decision. I Love my band and it's the best thing I ever did for myself. I hope you all feel the same way.

The last 2 months I have been struggling with my weight loss. I haven't gained any but haven't lost either. I really struggled thru the holidays. It was not my band it was me. I made the wrong choices and I regret it. I'm going in Feb. 4th. for a fill. This will be my 6th one. I do need to ask how much I have in band. I've never asked, I just figure that I will hit my spot someday and till than I will just keep going to get adjusted.

Is there any other Missourians out there?

Hope you don't mind me joining in here. I hope I can make a good contribution to this group.

Thanks, Suzanne.

Well,,, you found us. I'm Shirley, welcome aboard... Were all different that's for sure, and yet we all have something in common. Over weight, and banded. With results always pretty positive. Look forward to hearing from you, enjoy this sight. Shirley...

Thanks Shirley, right now I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm sure you know that feeling. I need a place where I can come to and listen to ours and learn. To find out what everyone else is doing and to see if it will help me. I hope that I will be able to boost others with any wisdom I have also. I look forward to meeting more here.

By the way. I see you have Henry Ford Hospital written under your name. By any chance are you from the Detroit area?

Have a great day.

Yesterday was one of those struggle days. I started out just fine. Got up and went to wok out and than I had a little shopping to do. Got home about 11am and decided to fix a bowl of oatmeal. All was fine and I was doing well till I needed to bake some Cookies and make some brownies for a get together today. I didn't over due it but I ate more than I should have. I hate when I do that. Not going to beat myself up, just going to learn from it. Today is a new day. Although I'm not going to exercise today. All the places to do it are closed and it is just to bitter outside. 6 degrees right now and it's not supposed to get to much warmer.

Have a great day.