Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi everyone!

Its been a pretty queit week.

I am off to DC Saturday morning til tuesday. I am sooo excited about having the week off of work!

I've got some funky soreness around what i figure would be band area - but i haven't eatten much today. Don't want to travel all the way downtown to find out its gas or something and i just need a good toooot and i'll be fine! But then i don't want to hop on a plane and find out i broke something... hmmm.

Hello everyone, Long time no talk to. Well i am not doing so well, i have been watching the scale go down and then up, and then down, and then up. I have to say that it sucks. I am feeling like a failure. I go back to the doctor next week. I havent been doing any excercise. I have it stuck in my mind that until i get down to 230, i'm not excercising. Is that wrong. I just know how bad that sounds. My knees suck from previous surgeries and they swell up like basketballs if i try to do anything. I dread going to the doctor next week because my weight lose for 2 months is like 4lbs...lol. Anyway, i'm getting another fill. I told him we would see how the last one went and this is what i got. I can damn near eat everything and in mass quanities...lol. it sucks. Oh well. Hope everyone is doing good.

oh and now my tickers won't work...lol...great. this day just gets better by the second...

Hi bandsters! I haven't posted in awhile but just wanted to check in and say, it has been quite a rough road the past 3 months. I have not had a fill since February and am in much need of some restriction! I go to the doctor on May 3 and I am really looking forward to this one! In 3 months I have lost 11lbs but have been stuck for past 2 to 3 weeks. I go to the gym just to work off the excess that I have eaten each day so that I don't gain. I want to be able to go to the gym and work off and lose. Not maintain. We'll see how Thursday goes. Glad to know though that I have this great group of people who have the same issues and yet get strength and support from each other. Have a great weekend and hoping it is beautiful where ever you are. By the way it is sunny and warm here (CA)today, Lovin it!!!!!!!!!!

hi everyone, hope all is well. I haven't checked in for awhile. Things are going pretty good for me slow but still going. I finally have come to the conclusion that even if I only lose #1 a week that is better than nothing at all and I am going in the right direction. I remember reading a post when I was first banded where the person said that eventually you don't think about your band everyday it just becomes a way of life, at the time I thought no way, that the band would be all consuming just like dieting had always been. But I can now see what they were saying because my thoughts aren't always about eating and feeling like a failure because I went off of another diet. I just hope that this way of thinking stays with me because I love not feeling like a failure anymore.

Hey Everyone, It has been 2 weeks since my surgery, boy has it been rough. I still am very sore, I have been walking alittle in the park across the street from me, but not much. There is so much pressure down below. I think it is from the staging? They took all my limp nodes out from my below too, at the top of the legs. But they said last week that they got everything and I don't have to do chemo. YAYAYAYAYA!

I have lost only about 5 lbs. Can't believe only 5, I didn't eat for like 5 days. But they filled me with IV fuild so bad, my kidneys weren't turning back on so they forced them too! I pee'd so much after they took out the cat. Now I have decided to watch everything I eat Mon- fri and on the weekends do what I want. So that way I am still getting anything I want but have to wait for the weekend.(wish me luck LOL) But I want onerland. I am about there.

Hey everyone come on and just tell us what you are doing for the week! Please I am going crazy here at home. Need some reading matterial plus look at all the old/new people coming back.

Have a good day! Mary

Mary I'm glad you're on the mend, but sorry you're still in pain! You'll be in onderland before you know it. :rolleyes:

Hello everyone! It's been a long, long time. This last fill has really made me realize what all the literature I've read means. For example, taking small bites, and chew, chew, chew! It's kind of scary to think about not being able to indulge in the quantity of foods I like. The band is a tool that will only help me to battle my disfunctional relationship with food. The fills are key with regular follow-ups with my surgeon and PCP. This is the point when bad habits can develop. For example I've met a number of bandsters that modify the texture of the foods they eat and defeat the whole purpose of the band.

Hy Mary: Thought I would chew on your ear a little. Your done with surgery right? I'm goin back in on Monday the 7th. If all works out right with work.They are gonna do my other knee. Can you believe it? I finally am at the gym, and working out, and I get the call Monday saying the Dr. has you set up for surgery on Monday. He's a great Doc., and my knee cap is being aitenaway from Arthritis, so he want's to get it out before it gets real bad. Talk about makin money!!! wow. I've only been back to work for one day, and now I have to see if I qualify to get the other knee done. If I do, I'm off againfor a new knee. I'll try to keep you all posted on this soap opra, but I have a lot to do in so little time. Tommarow it's oral surgery they have to cut the damn thing out. Thean will come pre op testing, and regesteration, then a time to come in Monday. So wish me well with getting all of my ducks in a row with this oneLOL. I'm sure I will. Shirley...

Linadu you are so right! At one time my band was all consuming and it was like I was on another diet! But I'm here to share your comments. It isn't like that anymore. I don't think of food like I used to. To coin an old cliche'...I now eat to live instead of living to eat.

It seems like a lot of my Angels are struggling but hang in there girls! You got to! Each and everyone of you are important to not only me but each and everyone of us! Y'all can do it! I want to see all of you in two piece bikini's!

For me, I am happy and proud to say I've hit 262! I just want to shout it out! I know that my goal is still so very far away but where I started is almost as far away...

And like most of you, I've struggled at times. But we need to just keep in mind why we are here. We all know that our band is a tool and we can choose to use it or not. USE IT Angels!

Hugs to you all

Jimboss

Way to go Jimboss, :target: I'm very happy for you. And I agree with you that we all can get so much needed support from each other because we are all in this together, no one knows better than another bandster what our struggles are and who better to be there for us and yes sometimes give a gentle nudge when we need it. I don't post everytime I get on but I know one thing is for sure is that I READ all of the post and it can really be a blessing somtimes.

Mary, I 'm glad to here that you are still with us!! Best Wishes and I will keep praying for you. Jimboss, thats great, before long you will catch up with me....lol. I go to the doctor tomorrow at 8:30am for a fill. Can't wait to here him say how much better i would be doing if i excercised....lol. NAG, NAG, NAG....LOL

Well it's official. Monday I go in for a total knee replacement. I went yesterday morning for pre admissions testing, flew threw that, then met the ana-steseologist "hope thats close eanough!" He say's the way they did the last one is the way there gonna do this one. Then they gave me a couple of t shirts that say JOINT CAMP on them, and i'm done. O x-rays, and regestration also. Then at 5:30 I was sceduled for oral surgery. It's 4:30 a.m., and I still can't sleep. He put a packing in it, and it can't drain. It finally forced it's way threw the packing, and it has been very painfull, but it'sdraining. It also seems that I must be allergic to the anastetic that he dipped the packing into. I'm itching all over. So I will be going back to the Dentist this morning. I think this hurt worst then the knee.... but at least it's over I hope, cause I sure hate going to the Dentist. I will try to keep in toch untill Monday. Shirley...

Hi everyone! Haven't been on in a few months although I read comments fairly often. Does anyone go to the support groups? It really helps me when I can attend them. The weight is slowly coming off, but I guess that's the best. I love everyone telling me how great I look - isn't if FUN? They ask how I do it. I tell them I quit drinking carbonated drinks and cut down on carbs. hee hee It's a secret! :) I have lost 50 pounds now, 50 more to go! I think my fill is still too tight - it's been about a month. I vomit regularly, which sucks! The one food that is easy to go down is Cheetohs! I shouldn't share that with everyone. ha ha Everything gets stuck - I may go in for an unfill. Anyone have any ideas on what is easy to eat and tastes good, especially when traveling? I would appreciate it!! Thanks for all your help!

Best wishes Shirley. I hope all goes well.

I went to the dr this morning and he filled me with 2cc more...yippee. I hope this makes a difference.