Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just came home from a bad surgery experience and have gained 18lbs in 4 days. My mom helped me up the stairs and told me I was beautiful and she was proud of how strong I am. I think she's gonna need to adopt you honey :).

I'm so upset, frusterated, discouraged, and PISSED. I have lost 73 pounds in 6 months. From 281 pounds to 208 pounds. From a size 26 to a size 18. Not one person has commented on my weightloss. REALLY? This sucks!!!!

A lot of people do not compliment because they are afraid they will offend you. It funny but I have seen it here on these boards. I personally LOVE the compliments, but some people really do take offense and think things like, "Oh, you mean I didn't look good when I was fat? I wore designer clothes then and nobody said I looked good. Why are you only saying it now! Why are you only noticing me now??!!" etc., etc.

On the flip side, that is what they think you will be thinking.

I eat the compliments up because, well ... I looked like hell when I was 246 pounds. I looked worse than hell. I look much better and feel much better now thank you VERY much :) .

Don't worry. They see it.

My weight loss is way beyond noticeable now (50 pounds in 6 weeks) And, ironically, most of the people in my office who have commented on my weight loss (in a good way) are the straight guys! Everyone knows I'm gay, so imagine my surprise. The women just gnash their teeth and look at me somewhat suspiciously. The other gay guys in the office are mostly of the "poisonous hissing queens" species, so I knew I'd get nothing from them except bitchy gossip behind my back. Go figure!

Well, I know that I have gained 70 pounds over the ten years that I have worked at my job, but have only gone up one pant/dress size. I still wear the same clothes that I always wear, and apart from having a bigger muffin top and rounder tummy, probably don't look too different to my co-workers. I can totally see them not saying/noticing anything when I start losing.

My weight loss is way beyond noticeable now (50 pounds in 6 weeks) And, ironically, most of the people in my office who have commented on my weight loss (in a good way) are the straight guys! Everyone knows I'm gay, so imagine my surprise. The women just gnash their teeth and look at me somewhat suspiciously. The other gay guys in the office are mostly of the "poisonous hissing queens" species, so I knew I'd get nothing from them except bitchy gossip behind my back. Go figure!

"poisonous hissing queens" LMAO!!!

Thanks for all the kind words. I know I'm doing this for myself' date=' but it would be nice to have a "pat on the back" every once in awhile from my friends and family. I tried talking to my Mom about it and her response was..."that's because that's how fat you use to be and still are." I didn't need to hear that. I'll just keep on doing my hard work and continue to lose the weight for that is what it's all about. Thanks again for being here and responding to me. At least I have you.[/quote']

I am so sorry you aren't getting anyone to notice your weight loss. I don't know you but I am super envious of your weight loss. I am sure it has to be noticeable. It is tough when we hear upsetting comments, especially from a parent. Just keep strong and working on your weight loss and health.

I'm a lap band patient about to have revision. I lost about 70 myself and only when I started to get new clothes that fit did anyone say anything. Also the people who were around me everyday were the ones who found it less noticeable because it's hard to notice a change like that if you're around the person every day. Show someone a side by side pic. That's a good way to get a reaponse. Hell, post some here! You'll def get some feedback!

I'm so upset' date=' frusterated, discouraged, and PISSED. I have lost 73 pounds in 6 months. From 281 pounds to 208 pounds. From a size 26 to a size 18. Not one person has commented on my weightloss. REALLY? This sucks!!!![/quote']

Post your pictures here! You will get more compliments and support than you can handle:) PS, only after i lost close to 50 lbs and was wearing a size 12 did anyone say a word about my weight! I was getting lots of compliments on my hair, lol.

Just Friday, for the first time since my surgery, someone who didn't know I had the procedure commented on my weightloss. I've lost about 90 lbs. She trold me she had "kind of seen it before, but it just became really, really noticeable." No one else has said a word. Well, no one who doesn't know about surgery (I sort of dismiss comments from people who know, they feel more obligated!)

Keep in mind the reasons people might not say anything.

• Jealousy/not wanting to acknowledge it
  • Afraid of embarrassing you or them (if you replied "No, I haven't lost weight" how awkward would that be?)
  • Not sure how to say it
  • Not sure if they're seeing things right, or just caught you at a flattering angle
  • etc

Don't be pissed. I mean, if no one says anything, why does it matter? You know you're losing weight.

I'm so upset, frusterated, discouraged, and PISSED. I have lost 73 pounds in 6 months. From 281 pounds to 208 pounds. From a size 26 to a size 18. Not one person has commented on my weightloss. REALLY? This sucks!!!!

My weight loss is way beyond noticeable now (50 pounds in 6 weeks) And' date=' ironically, most of the people in my office who have commented on my weight loss (in a good way) are the straight guys! Everyone knows I'm gay, so imagine my surprise. The women just gnash their teeth and look at me somewhat suspiciously. The other gay guys in the office are mostly of the "poisonous hissing queens" species, so I knew I'd get nothing from them except bitchy gossip behind my back. Go figure![/quote']

"poisonous hissing queens"

Love it !!! :)

Hehe, poisonous hissing queens......

Wow, from size 26 to size 18! Amazing. Just think you are able now to buy clothes in regular shops at large and XL size, right? You don't have to go to the Big Girls shops if you don't want to. Isn't that AMAZING!?!?! You've done it girl. Strut it. Let us be your supports and cheering section. Anyone for a pompom?

First and foremost Congradulations on the great job you are doing. I agree it seems like your mom wasn't very nice in her comments but I have to ask what is her weight statis. If she is heavy she might also be jealous and not super supportive. Your co workers and friends are either jealous or just don't know how to complement you as they might think saying anything is going to be a back handed compliment.

I understand how you feel some of my best friends that I really expected would be excited for me have been very reserved and somewhat cold about my weight loss. People are very odd in how they handle things when it comes to someone else's success. You keep working on this for yourself and when others aren't giving you those pats on the back remember to come here and we will all be there to give you the pats and all the hugs and support you can handle.

Way to go.....Great job.....you look wonderful....wow you are really fantastic.

.... "poisonous hissing queens" species' date=' [/quote']

Lol! I worked with one of thoes!! They are an exhausting species, you just have to ignore them. Ironically this one I worked with lost around 40kilos on a diet, saying that he simply no longer feels hungry. Now I'm a little more educated with VSG, I have my suspicions! Lol.