Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week Post Op Today & Im Kinda Disappointed!

This time last week I was in surgery! But this morning I woke up, weighed for only the 2nd time this week. (Really)

And I still have not lost any weight!

I had mentioned this to our ins coordinator when she called to check on me a couple of days back and she said not to worry as long as I was doing everythng I should and could like I was supposed to the WEIGHT WOULD COME OFF. She said they filled me full of IV's and meds and ..............

But I have not lost anything! Come on :(

Just looking for sme encouragment, if this has happened to you PLEASE let me know.

I am hoping & praying that I will wake up one morning and WALALALAL .

Is that asking a bit too much??

Thanks for the support & Encouragment everyone!

LaQuita

I gained almost 10 pounds while I was in the hospital and had to lose that first. It was very frustrating to come out of the hospital weighing more than when I went in! It'll go. Patience grasshoppa...

:)

I know it's frustrating because we think this surgery is going to be answer plain and simple but it's not, we still have to do the work.... and our bodies freek out and need to catch up, just keep following the plan is what I keep getting told :-)

give your body some time to adjust. unless you are eating a huge amount of calories it will start. your body needs time to adjust. there will be times when you are in a stall and it is very frustrating and can last for weeks. but then you will get out of them

the same exact thing happened to me. but you have to follow your doctors orders regarding Protein and Fluid. also you must walk as well.

good luck! we have to just keep pushing forward.

my weight never just dropped off. i had to put forward effort just like prior to surgery . i must walk daily and do some activities in order for the weight to come off.

some people dont have to put forth effort but in my case i have to.

I gained 20 in the week after my surgery - but by 4 weeks out I dropped that and another 23 lbs - give your body some time, you have little choice but to lose weight in the coming weeks and months.

Remember they pumped you with fluids for days in the hospital. Lots of Water weight that your body just hasn't released yet. It will come off and then some! You're body will finally give up the battle and realize that it has not choice but to start dropping the pounds. However, I can understand why you'd be frustrated. You put yourself through all that and at least want to wake up and get on the scale and say YES!! THIS IS WHY I DID THIS! It will happen!

Your coordinator is right, they pump you full of fluids, you just had a major surgery, anesthetic, etc. I weighed more when I came home than when I left (had surgery on a Monday and flew home on the Friday), didn't lose anything for the first week being at home, then lost 17lbs my second week. It slowed down after that, but I kept slowly losing. Hang in there, it will come.

Yes, it will happen. It has no choice, just follow the rules. Your body is in reservation mode! It is in shock and it tryin to catch up to whats happening to it. When you start to drop, you will seriously drop! So, be prepared to wipe your glasses when you step on that scale, a few times in a few seconds just to make sure its right! lol.

Good Luck

I couldn't believe how puffy i was after surgery. I didn't realize how bad it was until i went to put on eye makeup. lol It does pass. Definately dont get frustrated yet. These fluids shall pass. :)

Thanks everyone for the posts & words of encouragement!

Thanks everyone for the posts & words of encouragement!

Hi Laquita. We r here if ya need to talk.

Melissa