Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Favorite Thing About Wls...and My Least Favorite Thing. Join In!

MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT WLS:

Today I am very happy that I have my sleeve because...

I can use the normal size bathroom stall in a public restroom and leave the handicapped stall for someone who actually needs it!!

MY LEAST FAVORITE THING:

Waitress: Was there something wrong with your meal?

Me: (red faced) No it was wonderful, could I have a box?

What are your favorite and least favorite things today? (Mine vary from day to day.)

Favorite thing about WLS:

Going from "ugggghh, what am I going to wear today..." to "Oh boy, what am I going to WEAR today??!!" I hope that feeling never gets old....

Also, the little discoveries along the way like suddenly realizing that it is no longer uncomfortable (or impossible) to cross your legs! Wrapping a regular size towel around you after the shower, and it is closer and closer to actually closing each week!

My least favorite thing:

food is still a bit of a chore. I am struggling to find variety and things I actually want to eat. I was never a huge fan of Protein, but really favored carbs. (I know, strange huh? Why did I ever get fat with that outlook on food? ) It is getting better though. The good news is that I no longer view food the same way. When we go out to eat or a party, my focus is no longer on food, but rather on the pleasure of socializing with my family and friends. I love that!

Yes! I love the

Wrapping a regular size towel around you after the shower, and it is closer and closer to actually closing each week!

That is one of my favorite things as well!!

So far:

Favorite - Being able to fit into a smaller size of pants without having lay on the bed to do it. No matter how many times I've worn them it never gets old

Least favorite - Having to eat every 2 hours when I'm not hungry/not interested in food. I agree completely with Tracey, food is feeling like a chore lately. But it's still worlds better than eating everything in sight like I did pre-surgery!

Wow, I am shocked to see that food is the least favorite thing about the surgery. A bit concerning for me. I was hoping that after the surgery food wouldn't be such a huge issue and focus in my life.

Favorite thing: NOT getting attention from "chubby chasers".

Least favorite thing: Looking at old pictures of myself, like my profile pic, my work ID card, vacation photos, pics of me on my friends' Facebook pages, etc.

Wow, I am shocked to see that food is the least favorite thing about the surgery. A bit concerning for me. I was hoping that after the surgery food wouldn't be such a huge issue and focus in my life.

But for me it's in a good way. For example, I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and bought lots of things I always loved (the Protein stuff) and dips to use sparingly- meatballs, chicken sausage, humous, wasabi mayo, all types of cheeses, salmon and made tiny platters and was so satisfied with like only 2-3 oz. of what I chose. It's like there's this freedom from hunger but what comes with it is a responsibility to be sure to nourish your body with good stuff. And everything seems so much more delicious and you're full! I literally wanted to cry after my first good egg at how satisfying it was without "needing" all the ecroutremants (sp?) like breads and meat and hashbrowns...

When you get there you'll see how great it can be at the same time as being a chore. Plus I think you get used to it and have a habit of what you eat mostly- eventually.

Least favorite thing: Looking at old pictures of myself, like my profile pic, my work ID card, vacation photos, pics of me on my friends' Facebook pages, etc.

So women are out there really pursuing chubby men? *running to chain down my husband* :P

OK, I have been at this for nine months now. I got hit on way more when I was fat than I do now. Mind you, I was married then and still am now...but a girl notices these things. Some women hate the attention but I always found it flattering. Now I'm wondering if they thought it was easier to pick up a fat girl than it is to pick me up. (no pun intended on the pick up thing) So what's up with that?

Maybe your vibe is more confident and they're intimidated by the sexy skinny girl.

So women are out there really pursuing chubby men? *running to chain down my husband* :P

I dont' know about women, but there are entire subset of gay men who are into bigger guys, especially if they're hairy (usually called "bears"). When I started gaining weight I was a real hit with these men. :blink:

I don't think it's so much a huge issue and focus as it is just a major change that takes some getting used to. Sometimes I think my biggest problem is just remembering to eat. At this stage, as I learn to eat healthier and make sure I am nourishing my body, I need to do more thinking and planning. I think as time goes on, it will become second nature. Also, I am still pretty new at this, so my stomach is still healing and I am still trying to develop new habbits like eating slowly and taking small bites and chewing well. Some habits die hard, and I still tend to gobble my food which contributes to not being able to eat as much as I should be able to at this stage, which is part of the reason eating it is a bit of a chore. I am thrilled to be able to eat a grilled chicken on salad and find that filling, where it never was before. I am just dissapointed that after eating a couple ounces of chicken, I usually can not eat more than a bite or two of the lettuce before I just cannot eat any more. I know that will get better with time. However, despite all that, I feel a new found freedom from food that is a total gift. The benefits FAR outweigh the inconveniences overall!!

Favorite thing: I literally can't overeat. Love that.

Least favorite thing: Not being able to drink while I am eating. I don't think the waitress will ever get used to that.

I dont' know about women, but there are entire subset of gay men who are into bigger guys, especially if they're hairy (usually called "bears"). When I started gaining weight I was a real hit with these men. :blink:

Oh snap. That's him. :o

Favorite thing....I'm just getting to the point where I catch my reflection in the mirror and say "who is that?"

Least favorite.....all my favorite clothes are too baggy.