Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sometimes people don't want to say anything because they don't want to offend you -- like, they thought you were fat & ugly before, but you look great now!! -- that sort of thing.

There was a woman at work who lost a bunch of weight, but I would never feel comfortable saying anything about it because why would anything at work depend on her weight?? It seems inappropriate.

That being said, I totally can see where you're coming from. :) after 80 lbs I will want some stinking props, please. I lost 10 so far on my liquid preop and the compliments can start flooding in any time!!! ;)

We've talked about this before. Some people just get offended. I don't because I know I looked like crap and am loving the compliments. I've even had poeople ask me how much weight I've lost. My boss asked me that. I don't care. I'll tell anybody. If they think poorly of me for some reason, it's not on me.

I confess im worried my weightloss is too slow and that it wont work.

Haha! You can see who my surgeon is? I don't think I can see everything on my phone app. But yes...the weirdest crush. I think I had a dream about him.

Yep sure can! On the computer full version it lists surgeons under the profile picture. Dr. Cirangle was going to be my first choice but instead went with Dr. Aceves. Dr. C is an excellent surgeon and well, not hard on the eyes... :wub:

I'm back!!

- I confess that I really miss ice cold coca cola

- I confess that I love the way I feel now

- I confess that I am afraid of vomitting therefore I am afraid of trying new foods....

- I confess that I crave salt and vinegar chips

- I confess that I would REALLY love a glass of wine

-I confess that I feel skinnier than I am right now

- I confess that I often wonder if I'll ever be able to eat certain foods ever again.... Like cheese enchiladas

- I confess that I am not perfect, but I am doing my best.

You CAN have cheese enchiladas again! My favorite at our TexMex restaurants here in Dallas!!! I didn't have one until I reached goal, but once I was maintaining, that's what I order occasionally. At first I could only eat half wtih about a TB of refried Beans, now I can eat a whole one, still with just a little Beans and/or rice. Along with my husband, we order corn tortillas and I use about half of one to 'dip' into the salsa ahead of time. I seldom eat any chips, when I do, I break off a bite at a time and total will eat 4 or 5. You can have a glass of wine once in a while as well......once you get the hang of maintenence, you will see!!! Shopping will be as much or more fun that eating, I promise!!! :)

I confess that I worry that I'll wake up having gained it all back. (i'm obsessive about weighing, but it keeps me on track)

I confess that I don't 'feel' as thin as others say I am. I still look in the mirror and see someone larger.

I confess that I LOVE shopping now, although it took a LONG, LONG time for me to go to the right dept. For ages I would walk through the women's dept.

I confess, I do NOT exercise. I should but I'm a bum! I knew I'd have to make life changes to lose weight, I have the attention span of a five year old, if exercise was how I lost it, there would be a bigger chance I'd gain it back as soon as I lost interest. I do not recommend this method, but it's worked for me thus far.

I confess, secretly in my mind, I am the food police. I look at other's plates in restaurants or wherever and wonder if they realize what they're doing to themselves. Even if they aren't large, it's unhealthy!!!

I love 'Stella' my sleeve. Yes, she has a name!! I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Life is good, shopping is fun and sex is better than it was 20 yrs ago! I still know it is possible to regain, although i don't think there is any way to gain it all back. Surely not!!!

1) I'm still always hungry.

2) I still think about food way too much.

3) I crave carbs and sometimes eat too many.

4) I crave carbs. Oh I said that already.

5) I miss Pepsi

6) I weigh myself every day.

Love this post! Thanks for starting it!

5 new confessions...

1. I ate a bag of M&M's today

2. I'm starting to like the compliments

3. I feel sick now after I ate the M&M's

4. Im starting to love excersise!

5. I still have potty issues :(

5. I still have potty issues :(

without coming off too nosy - can you please elaborate? I'm pre-op and curious.

1. I feel like I look much better than my pictures show. I feel sexy and confident until I see myself in a mirror. Head issues anyone?

2. I drink caffeine free diet coke fairly often, at least one a day, but I always meet my Water goal, too.

3. I am having a tough time with male attention. I get hit on all the time now (see #1), but I don't understand it. I'm worried that I'm so screwed up in the head I'll never be able to deal with it well.

4. I got hit on by a woman yesterday, a woman that is HOT! See #3 and triple that confusion.

5. I haven't filed for divorce even though I've been separated for sixteen months because of 3 and 4, although I have no desire to see him.

6. I tried to lick my toe. I can't do it! LOL

7. I'm terrified that I'll never hit my goal weight, even though I feel good where I'm at.

8. I want to hit my goal weight and have plastics so that I can see "how much ass I can pull", to quote someone much earlier in this thread! LOL

9. Some days, I just want to eat junk and vegetate.

10. I go to the gym sometimes just to work off emotions that feel overwhelming. My workout partner calls says that it's me "grudge f*#@ing" the gym. I'm not sure whether to laugh about that or be worried about my mental health.

11. I'm pissed off at the people who were so supportive before my surgery that have now turned on me. My sister in law and one of my good friends have both turned into green eyed monsters.

12. Sometimes I wonder if those two women are right and I really am nasty and mean since surgery.

13. This thread made me cry.

1. I confess that I'm not motivated to cook for my family anymore n I feel really bad about it.

2. I'm concerned that I will hate the sleeve once I reached my goal weight ... I'm really gonna miss food then...

3. I feel that I'm isolating from my family n friends because I have no interest in happy hour or lunch dates.... Things we use to do almost daily

4. I hate that all celebrations surround food!! What am I gonna do for my birthday !?!?

5. I'm starting to look and feel good- I maybe tipping on Vainness( if that's a word).

1. I feel like I look much better than my pictures show. I feel sexy and confident until I see myself in a mirror. Head issues anyone?

2. I drink caffeine free diet coke fairly often' date=' at least one a day, but I always meet my Water goal, too.

3. I am having a tough time with male attention. I get hit on all the time now (see #1), but I don't understand it. I'm worried that I'm so screwed up in the head I'll never be able to deal with it well.

4. I got hit on by a woman yesterday, a woman that is HOT! See #3 and triple that confusion.

5. I haven't filed for divorce even though I've been separated for sixteen months because of 3 and 4, although I have no desire to see him.

6. I tried to lick my toe. I can't do it! LOL

7. I'm terrified that I'll never hit my goal weight, even though I feel good where I'm at.

8. I want to hit my goal weight and have plastics so that I can see "how much ass I can pull", to quote someone much earlier in this thread! LOL

9. Some days, I just want to eat junk and vegetate.

10. I go to the gym sometimes just to work off emotions that feel overwhelming. My workout partner calls says that it's me "grudge f*#@ing" the gym. I'm not sure whether to laugh about that or be worried about my mental health.

11. I'm pissed off at the people who were so supportive before my surgery that have now turned on me. My sister in law and one of my good friends have both turned into green eyed monsters.

12. Sometimes I wonder if those two women are right and I really am nasty and mean since surgery.

13. This thread made me cry.[/quote']

I love this post more than any I've read in the past month. You are fantastic. The honesty is breathtaking and made me feel normal. Many of the exact same things happening to me. Love and light to you. Have you tried yoga? Seriously. Helped me a lot and far from hippy.

Ok I wasn't gonna do it for fear of being judged but WTH here goes...

1) I have had some wine

2) I have had some chocolate.

3) I have started smoking again

4) I would kill for a Big Mac with extra sauce

5) I have had anxiety attacks post surgery.

I know' date=' I know. All I can say is this is so much more than I anticipated. I am adjusting but this is a HUGE change. I didn't underestimate the commitment but I didn't fully realize the entire impact. I know I will succeed but obviously not without testing some limits.[/quote']

I'm such a hypochondriac I'm sure I will have some anxiety attacks post op...

1. I confess that I'm not motivated to cook for my family anymore n I feel really bad about it.

2. I'm concerned that I will hate the sleeve once I reached my goal weight ... I'm really gonna miss food then...

3. I feel that I'm isolating from my family n friends because I have no interest in happy hour or lunch dates.... Things we use to do almost daily

4. I hate that all celebrations surround food!! What am I gonna do for my birthday !?!?

5. I'm starting to look and feel good- I maybe tipping on Vainness( if that's a word).

I'm going skating for mine, just a thought