Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I Cant Wait For People To Not Say...

@ deb_fox,

Saw a recent Aussie wife swap where mum and dad HATED fat people... This woman wasn't even really big but their little daughter said something awful and the dad LAUGHED!!!

We all know Kids don't really mean to be mean but parents need to check that sh*t!!!

Also so sorry to hear your loss at young age! My family = not best support in world but to lose them would break my heart... I know for sure they live on around you, in your memories of their unique souls, and wish you well on your journey! As we all do!!!

@ deb_fox' date='

Saw a recent Aussie wife swap where mum and dad HATED fat people... This woman wasn't even really big but their little daughter said something awful and the dad LAUGHED!!!

We all know Kids don't really mean to be mean but parents need to check that sh*t!!!

Also so sorry to hear your loss at young age! My family = not best support in world but to lose them would break my heart... I know for sure they live on around you, in your memories of their unique souls, and wish you well on your journey! As we all do!!![/quote']

The problem is with parents in general

these days even American ones.I hear lots of kids being rude to their parents and see parents do nothing. I was in line to order at a local burger place and this kid told his mom he couldn't fit behind her" because your butt is too fat" the kid's sister told him it was rude told their mom and the mom said " thats not what he said" the kid proceeded to say "no I did say your butt is too fat" to his mother and his mom just shook her head. He said it in a rude way and he was about 6 or so.I live in TX and I have to say if it was my kid speaking to me or any other person that way he would have got an " attitude adjustment". Kids say rude things but the parents that tolerate it are the problem.

I'm tired of "oh you have a nice shape for a big girl"

I'm also tired of people acting like I should behave like all the cliched big black women on tv.

I would like for people to stop treating me like a freaks how attraction because of my size h breasts.

I was at a party recently and this guy was dancing on me as a joke , then this random guy says "oh you better get that big bit**" ... There were so many problems with this situation 1. Like seriously dude??? I'm not one to call people names but the dude dancing on me was fugly and someone that I would never give the time of day 2. The little commentator had to be a Rick Ross impersonator 3. I ended up having to show my a** at that party and almost starting a riot.

I am not going to miss people assuming that my standards are low because of my weight.

I am not going to miss my weight being such a huge part of my identity according to other people.

I would love for a day where I'm just me ... Not a fat me ... But a smart me, an educated me, and all other kinds of me.

I am not going to miss people assuming that I'm funny and nice because I have to compensate for lack of beauty.

I am also not going to miss people acting like any guy who likes me has some type of BBW fetish or acting like I should be fawning over a guy In appreciation of him finding me attractive

I am also not going to miss people acting like any guy who likes me has some type of BBW fetish or acting like I should be fawning over a guy In appreciation of him finding me attractive

I've been dating my boyfriend for 10 years. He's African-American, I'm white. We've been together through thick and thin literally. I've lost significantly and regained, he was heavy when we met and is now super-healthy and fit (yay!). An older relative once made a comment "If you lost weight you could find a white man to date."

While I don't believe this person is racist or prejudiced - just an old school mentality of "marry someone like you", it infuriated me that the thought was "black men like bigger women. No white guy would want to be with her." Needless to say, I'm with my partner for the man he is, not the color of his skin. I just wonder how many people see us together and think that stereotype - "there goes another black guy with a fat white girl".

"You're pretty, for a big girl."

I've been dating my boyfriend for 10 years. He's African-American' date=' I'm white. We've been together through thick and thin literally. I've lost significantly and regained, he was heavy when we met and is now super-healthy and fit (yay!). An older relative once made a comment "If you lost weight you could find a white man to date."

While I don't believe this person is racist or prejudiced - just an old school mentality of "marry someone like you", it infuriated me that the thought was "black men like bigger women. No white guy would want to be with her." Needless to say, I'm with my partner for the man he is, not the color of his skin. I just wonder how many people see us together and think that stereotype - "there goes another black guy with a fat white girl".[/quote']

When I am out with my hubby who is white I get most of the " OMG how did marry him " looks and comments under their breath from skinny like size 0 white girls lol and older white women...idk why it is the way it is? I also get people who see my hubs and 3 beautiful kids who look just like me only lighter skinned and not fat and act like we couldn't possibly be together...for example they greet us separately at restaurants even when we are standing all together... I know it I a combo of me being Fat and Brown( black and yellow ) skinned that people assume I couldn't possibly be a part of this beautiful family with a Fit White man.I didn't always look like this but I am still attractive and my husband loves me for me all of me thick or thin.

The comments that sting the most are things I heard my mom say about other people while I was growing up (and out). She once pointed out a woman and said she had a shelf butt and you could carry several drinks on her butt without them spilling. My fat father always told me when my "@$$ was getting big". They openly judged and showed their disgust and now I do find myself shying away from mainly eating in public because I know it wasn't just my parents who thought that. Somewhere in the store/ restaurant/ gas station etc, there is someone judging me.

It's also elicited a survival response from me. I make fun of myself before someone else can. I can't wait to never say "I'm in shape, round is a shape"

I'm tired of hearing people say "Oh you're not that big. You are beautiful just the way you are!"

This is bullshit and everybody knows it. All it does is give me an excuse to keep gaining. It's like enabling a drug addict.

Of COURSE, I'm big! I'm 5 ft tall and weigh 270 lbs!! I am super morbidly obese and people want to say I'm "not that big!" I really don't know why other than I'm nice and they are saying what they think I want to hear but I know it's not true so it makes me feel worse.

It's like telling an 8 ft person that they aren't that tall.

height : 5 ft, weight: 270, BMI: 53 Cant wait to get sleeved!

Sometimes I think I could go into a doctors office with a broken leg and they'd still just tell me to lose weight... Although for once a doctor (head of the clinic) seemed shocked when I told him my bmi. He said I "carried my weight well"!!! Lol well I've had plenty of time to get used to it!!!

I was once at a party and a woman I barely knew proceeded to tell me how she had lost a ton of weight. Perhaps she was just trying to be nice, but it didn't feel that way at the time. I guess I assume people just know its a forbidden subject to discuss a woman's size unless she is thin! I was so embarrassed that others may have overheard. Like they hadn't noticed I'm huge and now they would..

I wanted to ask her why she brought the subject up. Like "are you suggesting I'm overweight?" Hahahahaha, I should have. Now who's embarrassed?

Perhaps it would have been different if we had ANY sort of relationship but she was just someone I saw occasionally at my daughter's basketball games. She was the girlfriend/mistress of one of the girl's dads.

And did she really think I had never tried diet and exercise? What kind of idiot did she take me for?

I hope to see her again in a year. She may have been thin, but her face was nothing to brag about.

I was once at a party and a woman I barely knew proceeded to tell me how she had lost a ton of weight. Perhaps she was just trying to be nice' date=' but it didn't feel that way at the time. I guess I assume people just know its a forbidden subject to discuss a woman's size unless she is thin! I was so embarrassed that others may have overheard. Like they hadn't noticed I'm huge and now they would..

I wanted to ask her why she brought the subject up. Like "are you suggesting I'm overweight?" Hahahahaha, I should have. Now who's embarrassed?

Perhaps it would have been different if we had ANY sort of relationship but she was just someone I saw occasionally at my daughter's basketball games. She was the girlfriend/mistress of one of the girl's dads.

And did she really think I had never tried diet and exercise? What kind of idiot did she take me for?

I hope to see her again in a year. She may have been thin, but her face was nothing to brag about.

[/quote']

I had this happen too! My daughter was invited to a birthday and being a working parent i did not know any of the mums in the room. I was thankful when this woman there came over to talk to me, sitting by yourself can be awkward! She started to tell my about this shake diet that she was on and had lost all her weight. She then gave me a video of the product and a small sample! She was now a seller of these products and had bought them along to target all the fatties in the room!!! Unfortunately I was the only one :-(

I like the one "cant u just push away from the table"

Cant tell u how many times i have heard this staatement!