Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

I went to Buffalo General and even though I was in a semi-private room the stay was excellent. They ere right there when I rang my bell for anything and everyone was very nice. I almost felt like I was at a spa at times. I can't say enough good about them.

I can't tell if my posts cross over at all but wanted to update. I love Dr. Posner and I absolutely love Buffalo General Hospital Can't say enough about the wonderful care there. Never waited more than a minute when I put on my light. Otherwise surgery went very well. I had it in my head I would be nauseated and in a lot of pain. Neither happened. The pain was very manageable and never had nausea, just a little gas. Used a Gas-x strip I took with me and worked well. Didn't need a drain, guess I had very little blood loss at all. Had no trouble with the sips of Water and ice chips. Kept hydrated enough. Went down the next morning for the UGI and passed. The drinks for the test weren't bad either. I had thought they would taste bad but were not at all. It was just sips before each view they did. The doctor came in a short time later and said I could go home and within 3 hours I was gone. I ended up with 5 small incisions. I did keep up on my pain med so I was comfortable and since home have napped a lot just because I can (and need to). On full liquids till I see him net week, 1 ounce every 15 minutes morning till night with 60-80 gm Protein. My husband feels bad when he eats in front of me but I keep telling him it's alright, I choose to do this so it doesn't bother me.

So my egd was done now I have seminar on July 17th then I'll go from there. Bout how long after seminar at buffalo general did u guys have to wait for surgery ?

I had my seminar end of March last year and had surgery June 26th last year. It all depends on you and your insurance. Sooner you get your requirement done, the faster you will have surgery

I had mine 1 week before my visit with Dr. Posner and was scheduled for surgery 1 month later.

Hi, just found out today that after months of doing everything required and soooo scared about my insurance covering my VSG I got the approval that I will be covered! So excited but very scared at the same time. Still don't have a definite surgery date but would so appreciate connecting with someone from Buffalo, NY going through the same thing. TY

Hey Nicolas, Dr. Caruana from Synergy Bariatrics did my surgery 8/18/14. I have had no problems at all & I have lost 25# since I started the pre-op diet on 8/8. It is by far the best decision I have ever made for health!!! The best advice I can give you is to listen to YOUR Dr. & your body!!! :-)

Hey guys…Buffalonian here. I have my first surgeon appt at the end of September. Hoping to schedule surgery early in the new year (of course, I'd have it tomorrow if it were up to me). I've completed the psych eval, had to procure a new PCP, and now it's just waiting for my first appointment so I can start all the other prep.

I am scheduled for surgery on the 29th with Dr Cavaretta from Synergy. Im from the Olean area... any locals out there with any words of wisdom?? Im so excited/nervous/terrified and am hoping to find a local support system :)

Hello I'm from buffalo too I'm going to the same place u are I'm supposed to be with dr posner I have my initial appt sept 12 I've been gathering paperwork from drs and dealing with insur hope to have surgery soon if u need to vent just chat whatever I'm here for support good luck to u my name is Michele