Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

No, sorry I don't have that. I have IHA, which I did find out I was approved!!! Waiting for a surgery date! I wanted to have it in May seeing I have high deductable which I have already met. Mu plan restarts June 1st. My very first appt I told them about the time crunch and then dr caravetta shattered his ankle. I know it is unseen circumstances but Jackie called me the other dY and told me that they wouldn't be booking me till June! So now I will have to pay my family deductAble to have the surgery! I was not too happy!

No, sorry I don't have that. I have IHA, which I did find out I was approved!!! Waiting for a surgery date! I wanted to have it in May seeing I have high deductable which I have already met. Mu plan restarts June 1st. My very first appt I told them about the time crunch and then dr caravetta shattered his ankle. I know it is unseen circumstances but Jackie called me the other dY and told me that they wouldn't be booking me till June! So now I will have to pay my family deductAble to have the surgery! I was not too happy!

Once you get approved they seriously schedule you within weeks! like 2 to 3! so get ready you'll def have a Mat date!

I am praying tht is the case so I don't have to come up with the money! She told with dr carauna taking over cavaretta surgeries a sweat not there were no dates available! Keep your fingers crossed!

Ooo yeah I forgot Cavaretta got hurt! Im praying for you honey! I still think it will be pretty quick! Like i said they tried to schedule mine for 2 weeks after getting approved

Hope you get your surgery date soon! We with bcbs of wny (medicaid based products) have to wait for the green light from ny to let ecmc take our insurances.... So even though I was recently approved, I'm on a waiting list until this happens (as others are before me). But I'm hoping/praying for a July surgery... *fingers crossed*

Not in buffalo but was born there and still travel there to visit with family. 4 months post op and going strong. 100lbs down about 45lbs away from target weight.

Thank you for the prayers! I sure hope so! Doesn't see possible that it is here!

Hope you get your surgery date soon! We with bcbs of wny (medicaid based products) have to wait for the green light from ny to let ecmc take our insurances.... So even though I was recently approved, I'm on a waiting list until this happens (as others are before me). But I'm hoping/praying for a July surgery... *fingers crossed*

So You have to wait for nys? Sorry to here that! Nothing can ever be easy! I will keep my fingers crossed and pray that u hear something soon!

Edited by alxmak1021

My prayers have been answered!!! I received a phone call this morning and surgery is scheduled for May 27th. They were able to get me in before my new insurance plan kicked in and I would have had to pay my deductable!!! So excited!!!

Hey there western New Yorkers. I would like to try to get a team together for the biggest loser 5k coming to Buffalo in August. I would like to try to get a team of about 25 or 30 people. If we get enough interest I would be happy to sign up and organize the team. Please respond or message me if interested. Thanx

Hey there western New Yorkers. I would like to try to get a team together for the biggest loser 5k coming to Buffalo in August. I would like to try to get a team of about 25 or 30 people. If we get enough interest I would be happy to sign up and organize the team. Please respond or message me if interested. Thanx[/quote

I'm interested!

That's great seelessofme. As my wife is joining me in the walk, I would like to open the invitation up to support people as well. I am really hoping to meet a lot of u great people as we are all in the same war together. Be blessed and encouraged. You all are awesome.

My doctor is submitting to insurance today for approval. Anyone in the Buffalo area have BCBS and how long did you wait for approval?

My doctor is submitting to insurance today for approval. Anyone in the Buffalo area have BCBS and how long did you wait for approval?

mine took me a couple of days to get approval from BCBS back when I had surgery October 3rd 2013