Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Hi...

I am awaiting approval from the insurance company and I am praying that I can have the sleeve gastrectomy in November. I am nervous and anxious. How did everyone do on the liver shrinking diet?

My liquid diet starts Oct 27TH .IM VERY excited to start and co workers at work are doing it with me :) mine is a bit different though. We are aloud 1 plain or vanilla fat free Greek yogurt.2oz of Turkey or chicken and 1 cup of veggies. The rest Protein Shakes, Water I think it will be fun especially cuz I know ill drop at least 6 pounds doing it for 10 days.

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

HI -- I am scheduled for Nov. 13 -- just got approved and very excited. For the past several months it was all about testing' date=' doctor appointments urging people to submit the necessary documentation. But now that that is all over the reality is setting in and I'm focusing a bit more on the fact that I have signed up to have 70% of an internal organ lobbed off! In just a few weeks! Wait -- maybe there is still a chance I do this with diet and exercise. Can't I just try one more time? And then I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realize that those kind of solutions simply don't make sense for me anymore. This is the right track. I don't think I'm so different than all of you who have responded here -- we have the same frustrations, goals, fears, excitement and hopefully will have the same huge successes. (I think the biggest difference is that I have never written in a blog and this site is completely overwhelming! I don't know where to begin or how to find anything!) I'm really glad I found you "Novembers". If I can continue to find this string I will look forward to hearing about your journeys and sharing my own. The best of luck to us all!!![/quote']

Hi Lori welcome :) I downloaded the app of this site on my phone its actually how I found out about it and I find myself on the app more even tho my laptop is right next to me. Its more fun to view and read cuz the site goes pretty slow. It's cleaner and easier to search by forum topics too!!!

Anyways I really loved ur post I felt like it was me talking as I was reading it. I mean honestly God has guided us through this crazy long journey for a reason he wants to see us succeed!!! Congratulations on your approval :) my surgeon is removing 85% of my stomach and I couldn't be more ecstatic! ! No more eating like a beast just cuz I can. I enjoy the feeling of full but lately it grosses me out. The sleeve is the tool to give me my happiness and hope back. Anyways we are here for you. This forum is so effing amazing and full of support! !!!!! PS search October sleevers too they are going thru it. Right now its very good to read their insight and experiences right now. Good Luck to @ll of us!!!!

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

My date is November 7th. I just got it final today. I am 330 and bigger than I ever have been..I hope I drop fast..I'm so unhappy at this weight..I've always been big and it never bothered me too much..but at this weight I feel it everyday and don't feel comfortable..I am so exited to he exited about getting ready again

.and getting dressed up!..I've been working on my masters degree for so long I lost sight of taking care of my physical self..I'm ready now!!..November 7th here we come..!!!!I am super nervous..I never had anethetia before..but I did have a c-section don't know if it is the same..!!

HI -- I am scheduled for Nov. 13 -- just got approved and very excited. For the past several months it was all about testing' date=' doctor appointments urging people to submit the necessary documentation. But now that that is all over the reality is setting in and I'm focusing a bit more on the fact that I have signed up to have 70% of an internal organ lobbed off! In just a few weeks! Wait -- maybe there is still a chance I do this with diet and exercise. Can't I just try one more time? And then I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realize that those kind of solutions simply don't make sense for me anymore. This is the right track. I don't think I'm so different than all of you who have responded here -- we have the same frustrations, goals, fears, excitement and hopefully will have the same huge successes. (I think the biggest difference is that I have never written in a blog and this site is completely overwhelming! I don't know where to begin or how to find anything!) I'm really glad I found you "Novembers". If I can continue to find this string I will look forward to hearing about your journeys and sharing my own. The best of luck to us all!!![/quote']

We're sleeve twins!!!! I wish u the Best!!!!!

I am told by a couple of people at my support group, not to buy any clothes. You won't have time to wear them before you need another size smaller. Maybe you could bring couple of pieces in a size 14, but don't buy much.

Hi, I am 53 years old, 5'2"' and weigh 250 lbs. I live in northern Virginia and own a small quilt shop. Eleven years ago I was hit by a car when I was out walking and sustained a traumatic brain injury. During the course of my recovery I gained 100 lbs on steroids. Over the past 10 years I have gained 20 more pounds trying to lose the 100 lbs!

My surgery date is almost here! I am scheduled for nov. 6th. Blue point surgical group (dr. Halmi) is doing my surgery. My 2 week liquid pre-op starts next Tuesday. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time.

But most of all, I'm happy to be a November sleever. Good luck to everyone getting sleeved this month and I'll meet you on the loser's bench!

Hello and welcome to the November sleevers!! Good luck on your journey and God Bless

Hi everybody! I'm in Florida and I'm scheduled for Nov 27th! Excited but I had my nutritionist appt yesterday and she was so negative and so serious telling me I will never ever be able to eat certain things again, can't chew gum cause I might swallow and have a blockage, would prob lose my hair... etc.... wow what a downer..... I have been discouraged since but am trying to remember why this is best for me. She just made it sound so awful it is making me doubt my decision. I know this is right and will love not ever having to worry about gaining weight again! I know there's gonna be some hard things about it, but I will be healthy again and after a few months or so I should be able to eat things I like, just small amounts. So now that I've vented...... yes, I'm excited to join this November Sleevers group! haha Sorry I had a lapse of sanity for a moment. Good luck to us all!! :)

Sorry about all that negativity. Who would have thought? I have never heard about losing hair. I have so much it might not matter. Ha. We are surgery twins and that is awesome.

Thanks for the info ladies I will get a couple of items in a 14. I am mainly a t-shirt and jeans girl so I should be able to wear the t-shirts and my hoodie since it should be snow on the ground around here by the time I get back from vacation. Man its so weird to even think a 14? I was in a 12 in high school and of course I was the biggest one cause all my friends where a single digit number, but little did I know I was a HOTTIE!!! Thanks for the suggestions lady, Im a self pay so all the information you guys are getting about buying clothes etc. I dont have access unless I ask and who better to ask then the family members here who will be going through the same thing. Thanks...Oh and to the newbies here WELCOME to NOVEMBER LADIES AND GENTS!!! SO EXCITED FOR US ALL! The people here are very welcoming and full of advice and information so dont hesitate to ask someone is more than welcome to answer...

Hi all! My name is Denise from Columbus Ohio. My surgery is scheduled for Nov 12. I started the process in July. No kids, but 7 dogs ;). Glad to be part of the November sleevers.

Hello Denise and welcome! Glad to see someone else from Columbus Ohio... O-H-I-O

Sunfunmash: that nutritionist needs to find a new job! Ridiculous! My nutritionist was so positive. What a jerk! Maybe she's jealous!

Any one else scheduled for November counting the days? I literally have a countdown app on my iPad. Lol. I have slightly more than 46 days until I have to be at the hospital. Not that I'm a tad excited or anything. Lol.

I am counting the days also. Scheduled for November 28. Yeah!

My name is Debbie, I am a former buckeye but now live in Virginia. I am 57 years old and my 6 month ins requests will be done in November! I am grandmother of 16 grandchildren, I work as patient service rep for internal meds practice. I have been so excited to get to the end of my 6 mo period. my hubby was hospitalized in the last 3 weeks. He had been in icu for 2 weeks and it was touch and go for him. He is now home and seems to be getting stronger each day. After spending 2 wks with him in hosp around the clock I am not so excited any more. My stress has gotten the best of me. I was both his nurse and wife while he was in hosp. I needed to stay with him to do his pd dialysis @the clock bc alot of the nurses didnt know how to do his dialysis. I was teaching them how to do it. I am exhausted and feel like I have been defeated. I have been stress eating, I had lost weight and now I just feel lost. My highest weight was 310 and finally down to about 255. I really wanted this for me, to do something for me to be healthy, as well as possibly get rid of my Diabetes. I love reading posts on this website. Have been reading since June. I just wanted to say I love the website bc it encourages me in times like what I am in right now. I just want to say Thank You to those encouragers out there.

Hello Debbie and welcome! Good luck on your journey and God Bless.... sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery for your hubby