Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

to my buds in Sleeveland

starting Water aerobics next week, can't wait,. bought a one piece nice bathing suit that looks good on me. ;)

haven't gone to gym , in a long time do to ortho problems mainly with my knee - wish i had tried to go to gym earlier - i think others have knee problems or whatever too and you go exercising - but tomorrow is a new day

besides swimming, i am gonna try the eliptical, very slowly, to see if I can do? i use to be a wiz, and i loved it so much - wish me luck

i know i should have started the water earlier, but here i am, better late than never

i even bought a couple of nike shirts and 3/4 length stretch pants - they were on such a sale, plus i had a coupon too. it would have been a sin to pass up these clothes - people have been shot for less than that

all above i bought at Kohl's

the weight you lost has to go somewhere :(

this hanging skin looks so bad, and you can't hide when you are in a bathing suit :(

only about a handful of cover-ups left, end of season, so its just me and the bathing suit - in person - "hanging" around :lol:

i've been enjoying life a lot more these past months, do to the help of a certain new tool that you can't buy in a hardware shop :D

81 degrees & sunny here

take care all

kathy

If you are going to be doing Water aerobics you should invest in a unitard. I bought one online at swimsuitsforall.com and loved it for water aerobics. You look better than in a swim suit because it holds all of you in and, since it has legs (thigh coverage), nothing can hang out.

I cant wait to start my Water arobics.....surgery is August 6th so I have to wait a few weeks but its one of the best we can do! Have fun!

Oh, and for aerobics, the swim unitard is more comfy than a regular suit because it provides support to all the jiggly bits. It's not just better from an aesthetic perspective.

to my buds in Sleeveland

starting Water aerobics next week, can't wait,. bought a one piece nice bathing suit that looks good on me. ;)

haven't gone to gym , in a long time do to ortho problems mainly with my knee - wish i had gone to gym earlier - i think others have knee problems or whatever - and you go exercising - but tomorrow is a new day

besides swimming, i am gonna try the eliptical, very slowly, to see if I can do? i use to be a wiz, and i loved it so much - wish me luck

i know i should have started the Water earlier, but here i am, better late than never

i even bought a couple of nike shirts and 3/4 length stretch pants - they were on such a sale, plus i had a coupon too. it would have been a sin to pass up these clothes - people have been shot for less than that

all above i bought at Kohl's

this hanging skin looks bad, and you can't hide when you are in a bathing suit :(

never thought i would have such hanging skin around - what gets lost, has to find a way to go down

only about a handful of cover-ups left, end of season, so its just me and the bathing suith - in person - "hanging" around :lol:

i've been enjoying life a lot more these past months, do to the help of a certain new tool that you can't buy in a hardware shop ^_^

81 degrees & sunny here

take care all

kathy

Hi Kathy! Happy Tuesday! Is it Friday yet?! :) I LOVE water aerobics. I have been taking two hour water aerobic classes, twice a week in the evenings for about a couple of years now.

BTW, 81 degrees!! GET out! That would be like a cold front for us here! LOL!! It was 108 here in Texas yesterday, even hotter today, up to 115 with heat index! Wake me up when it is October!! Have a FABULOUS day!

Hope you enjoy water aerobics!!

I am going to my first aquafit class tonight. I am almost 2 weeks post op and took a cardio/weight/step class last night that absolutely kicked my behind!

I am hoping the class tonight is a little less pain and little more fun!

Happy loosing ladies!

:) I LOVE Water aerobics.

Hey tex

its nice to hear that you enjoy Water aerobics,hopefully i can walk in your water steps :lol:i'm a little concerned, but like i said, anxious to try something new.

of course trying anything new like sleeve-hmmmm- is different, but terrific too.

108 degrees - now you get out :lol:

my daughter and mom also hit those high temperatures in atlanta georgi - no way , no how for me.

take care

kathy

invest in a unitard

jusstice

thanx for the info on unitard - checked them out online

looks good, who knows maybe i'll buy..............

kathy

Hi Kathy,

I am pre-op and have started my own makeshift Water aerobics in my pool...only when the neighbors aren't outside:)

I bought some water ankle weights and I jog the perimeter of the pool 4 times in one directions and then 4 in the other against the current I made. Then I swim a few laps, do stretches, twists, etc. Let me tell you, it is a work out! The best is that it is easy on the feet and knees and it is sweat free! I am sure you will love the class.

Good luck to you.

Carol

I am going to my first aquafit class to***ht. I am almost 2 weeks post op and took a cardio/weight/step class last ***ht that absolutely kicked my behind!

I am hoping the class to***ht is a little less pain and little more fun!

Happy loosing ladies!

I was told to wait a month before going into a pool. Did your pcp say it's fine to swim already. I would love to start. I am 1 week out

I am looking forward to Water aerobics! I am gonna try and get myself signed up in a class in a few weeks when I get the okay from my doctor.

Have fun! =)

Did your pcp say it's fine to swim already.

thin soon

i waited awhile while stiches were healing - didn't go into Water til about 3 months - but i'm sure i could have gone earlier

kathy

Thanks Kathy

I think I will wait at least 1 month.

My plan for after surgery is Water aerobics too, I love swimming, and the low impact factor. It will def be my work out preference.

I'm actually starting today on doing some of it pre-op with my pre-op diet.

Swimming burns the most calories.

Depending on the suit you bought and the intensity of the class I might recommend a sports bra also. I did aqua zumba for a year and a half (and just started up again) and there's some jumping involved. I took a few "regular" Water aerobics classes too and still wore the sports bra. I bought a one-piece sportier suit but it did nothing for my chest. Most of the women in the class wore them too, which is where I got the idea. I'd just recommend one of the seamless kinds, instead of cotton. I like Champion brand seamless sports bras from Target. I've never tried the unitard thing but I might since my one-piece is too big now. Definitely go for comfort and performance over anything else... which is easy for me to say since I go to a females only gym! :)

Good luck! Have fun!