Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was given a goodie bag with pain pills and antibiotic and Water gateraid sterial pads and tape. All the holes are above my wait line there are 4. 3 smaller and 1large on my left side where they removed my stomach.

Sent from my iPad using VST

If you can think of anything you wish you would have taken with you, let me know. I hope you are feeling well.

The opening have a clear seal over them. None hurt I do feel like theres a band around my ribs under my breasts, but it just feels tight no pain involved. I have no problem recommending this to anyone!

I took heating pad. Did not use. I used fluffy socks I used bath robe I took a full suitcase and am not going to use hardy any of it. I did use my long sleeve t shirt and elastic waisted sport shorts. With pockets to but drain bag in. Wore flip flops. Hospital provided personal care items, toothbrush toothpaste Shampoo. No hair dryer. Hotel has good one. I took iPad and books. For flight I took the broth packets out of the Raman noodles. You can find hot Water but no broth and I need the warmth to soothe me on the last leg of the plane ride. I also brought with me coolaide straws for my Water bottles. I had a small travel pillow that I have not used but may come in handy on the flights home. If you have smart phone maybe a English to Spanish app. Hospital and hotel have free wifi. Did not use the gas x. Did not have any problem with it. I did follow the diet pretty close, maybe that is why no gas. Can't think of any thing else. If you have any other question please ask. Good luck!

I had surgery with Dr. Garcia on July 9th and I received great care. No issues with infections or anything. I had read the Zane threads and I was very worried before I went as well. They have addressed the issue since they were made aware and are doing a much better job making sure everything is done properly. You also change your dressings twice now after leaving the hotel instead of once which is what I think they advised of previously. I also purchased me some neosporin and used it when changing my dressings along with the spray you have to buy when leaving the hospital. Don't be worried about that! You'll have a great experience and even though I broke down once with buyers remorse I know this was the best decision I could have made.

Readytolose, I am scheduled for Dr Kelly on 8/31 also. I need a buddy my nerves are getting to me already.

I, too am scheduled for August 31 with Dr. Garcia. I was scheduled with Dr. Almanza but changed to Dr. Garcia after finding out I would be going alone. Good luck to each of us :D

Shereebarb, Same day/same doctor :). I replied to your email in the other forum.

Funnyfarm319 hello sleeve buddy! What hospital will you be staying at?

I just scheduled August 30th with Dr. Garcia at Mi hospital. So I will probably see you both. We can go on this journey together. I am new here but have been reading the boards for the last few weeks trying to make an educated decision.

I will be with Dr Kelly at Oasis of Hope Hospital.

Welcome Freshwater! Have you girls see the thread, " August sleevers, where ya's at?!" ? There are many many people getting sleeved in August and a list posted of dates and members names.

Skyjack,

You will love dr Lopez. He is very very good. Had my surgery on the 24th doing great! Are you going to Mi hospital? Day nurses are wonderful. Alberto the driver is so cool you'll have a great time. Remember to walk ASAP.....

They told me INT