Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank God, A Protein Shake That Does Not Taste Like Butt!

Thanks to reading these forums, I have finally found a Protein drink that:

1.) Does not make me feel sick.

2.) Does not taste horrible (good even?)

As a lot of you suggested, the Premier shakes (I bought them at Coscto) really are pretty tasty! I must have sampled 20 different kinds, this was the only one I can see myself drinking. Whew!

BTW, I bought chocolate. Is the vanilla as good?

Can you share the ones you didnt like for those of us that really dig the savory taste of butt? ;-)

I totally agree with you hm734 - the Premier shakes from costco are the only ones that I like. I'm 6 mos post op now and I still drink them about 4-5 times a week, they're even better mixed with half a banana or other fresh fruit :) I also mix them with ice to make them really cold!

BTW, I bought chocolate. Is the vanilla as good?

The vanilla is.... good. not great but good. Still better than most Protein shakes. I love the chocolate ones though. I agree, no butt taste.

After trying many many brands, I've settled with these as my go to shakes.< /p>

Yup, same story here. Tried several. Isopuke, Muscle milk, several powders (all too sweet). I like the Premier Vanilla, but you have to either drink them a little quicker or continually *shake* them as there is a bit more grit. If you leave it sitting for awhile, the last drink is unsavory.

Love the chocolate. Supposedly there is a strawberry, but our costco doesn't carry it and I have never read a review about it, so ... either it must not be that good or there is something unstable about it where distribution becomes an issue.

I like the taste, but they give me heartburn, and I have never had heartburn... I agree, most taste like butt. I found a vegan one that tastes pretty good, smells awful and is gritty.. I use it in a shaker bottle. Vegasport. I am not vegan, but it seems to be okay. Still looking!

If you're still pre-op, don't buy too many of them until you're know whether or not you'll still tolerate them post-op.

I stocked up on all of my "go to" Proteins that I kept during the last 6 years, and now I don't drink a single one of them.

As far as RTDs, these are also pretty good, but you need to drink them when they're _cold_.

EAS_Strawberry_case.png

The premieres aren't my favorite, but it's hard to beat their Protein count.

Has anyone tried unjury, Syntrax nectar of Syntrax matrix? I just purchased a bunch of samples off the net. I'm hoping they taste good. The flavors are pretty fruity. So I figured they would be tasty. Also, are the premiere shakes only available for purchase through costco?

Thanks for your help!

Has anyone tried unjury' date=' Syntrax nectar of Syntrax matrix? I just purchased a bunch of samples off the net. I'm hoping they taste good. The flavors are pretty fruity. So I figured they would be tasty. Also, are the premiere shakes only available for purchase through costco?

Thanks for your help![/quote']

I did the same last night. Ordered 10 from my bariatric pantry of the Syntrax Nectar and 4 of the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, we shall see how they are. I'm not spending much until after surgery when I know if I'll like them.

Can we get these in the uk?

I'm planning on getting a ton of samples to try after as well. I tried a few a couple of weeks back, but nothing really jumped out at me. My mom (lap-band) really loves the Atkins shakes, so I will probably try those to start. I love a good strawberry one, but am finding it hard to find one doesn't have that funky aftertaste to it.

I'm looking for a good unflavored Protein that I can put into my savory foods: I want to try the unjury brand, but it's expensive, so I think I'm going to order a few samples or single serve packets to try before I commit to an entire tub.

I really like the Protein I'm on now for my pre-op: Optifast. But it's even more expensive so I will probably not use it after surgery.

Optifast are really good, I am making my way through my stash from pre-op. I bought a Cookies and cream RTD that was so nasty, I think it is money wasted, there is no way I can get those in.

My favorite by far is the Unjury unflavored. I mix it with chocolate milk, ice cubes and Decaf instant coffee. Love it, tastes like something you get at a milkshake place not a Protein Drink.< /p>

I just had ON whey Gold Standard Rocky Road Protein Powder and it was okay.

Unjury unflavored mixes really easily and is tasteless is anything. I love rtd. Premier at costco chocolate is good. Muscle milk has a vanilla latte with caffeine that is fabulous (you must like cinnamon). The banana and cream is excellent. GNC just came out with their own line called lean muscle shake-THE BEST. And I've had them all!! Swiss chocolate is the best. Strawberries and cream and vanilla bean are delicious!!! The dollar store had sugar free yohoo strawberry and chocolate packets that you can mix into the vanilla as well and it is so tasty. I'm just hoping I still like them post surgery!!