Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am per-op. Trying to get my mind around "life after" surgery. What do you eat? I think I am more focused on like Breakfast and lunch. Now I eat a bagel and cottage cheese and coffee at my desk during my morning reports. lunch, I must admit, I eat fast food a lot. Obviously something that is going to have to change. I am a bit of a Subway addict and I suspicion that may not be possible post surgery. I know I will have my recovery diet, but thinking past that just curious what other people eat. I don't mind veggies but I not a fan of fruit.

Also, must say, I LOVE this website! Wow! The wealth of information really helps me get my head around the process! Thanks to all who contribute!

Im pretty boring with the things I eat, I usually eat:

meats (Chicken, Beef, Tuna) cheese, Plain greek yogurt (I flavor with splenda and usually flavored SF syrups, or with some fresh fruit) Protein drinks, Veggies, Nuts, Low carb wraps/crackers (Not a everyday thing) eggs (I love them and there are so many ways to prepare them!)

I pretty much try my best to eat low-carb, I have tried regular bread and things like that but it leads me to crave more and eat bad things.

Omg I love Subway too! Thats one thing I miss so much lol.. I have seen people say they eat there, but when they do they get the flat bread and load it with veggies and meats. I wanna wait till Im a little closer to goal weight to try it out. It will be nice this time around making a 6 inch last a few meals, compared to before me eating a whole 12inch at one setting (Very embarrassing but I have before :unsure: )

Ya I eat a 12 inch sub now sweat. Thanks for the feedback. Just trying to get my arms around all this. The more I hear the clearer picture I get. It's hard for me to imagine I could order a 6 inch sub and make it last a few meals!! But, that's the hope!

I usually eat turkey sausages, veggie sausages, string cheese, oatmeal for Breakfast. Zone Perfect Protein Bars are good too. For lunch I get a Lean Cuisine or half a sandwich.

. It will be nice this time around making a 6 inch last a few meals, compared to before me eating a whole 12inch at one setting (Very embarrassing but I have before :unsure: )

You want to talk embarrassing? I used to eat the 12" sandwich with DOUBLE MEAT!

I agree with Ashleyxx. Lean meats, low fat dairy, protien shakes (mostly for breakfast), nuts, Beans, some veggies and lots of sugar free popsicles. I use my crock pot a lot! I can eat anything I want but try to stay away from carbs because I crave them so bad. I do eat at Subway here and there but I take off the top of the bread. If I need to eat fast food I usually get grilled chicken without the bun or salad with grilled chicken.

I just had the best salad. It was mixed greens, goat cheese, pecans, strawberries, fat free blueberry vinaigrette. Now, I only at one strawberry, a finger full of greens and maybe about an ounce and a half of chicken. But it was great.

Yeah I still am surprised at how much I use to eat lol.

The other night I went out to Outback for dinner, I ordered grilled chicken with the mixed veggies and I made 3 meals out of that! Normally I would have ate a ton of the bread, a little bit of a appetizer, a side salad, then all of my dinner!

I felt the same way you did before surgery, I couldnt imagine being satisfied off so little, I am so thankful that I was able to have this surgery.

In my case- I will eat anything post-op. Just in small quantities.

I just try to make compensating choices- like I had a McDonald's breakfast burrito this morning (tore 1/2 the tortilla off) and plan on doing a big ole hike this afternoon to compensate.

I'm kinda a slow loser (4/4/12 sleeve date) but feel the quality of my life is better if I don't stress the small stuff and make this a lifestyle change and not a "do this until I hit goal" thing.

But we each gots to do what we need to to make it happen for ourselves- whatever works for ya.

For Breakfast I usually have a boiled egg and a slice or two of bacon.

lunch is usually what ever Soup they are serving at the hospital where I work.

I snack on a pack of 100 calorie almonds, or pistachios.

A good treat for me is Wendy's chili:)

I am one month out next week - my diet was advanced this past week.

Lets see yesterday I had a Premier Protein shake for breakfast (breakfast lasts a couple of hours, it takes a long time to get through that shake now lol.)

Later on I had 1/4 c homemade chicken salad (the 1/3 C is too much food for me right now) - I can eat about 1/8th C and have to take a break and can hopefully finish with in the next 30 minutes, because then I am on to really wanting to have a drink and it can be a challenge to wait 45-50 minutes.

For a snack I had about an ounce each of deli turkey and sharp cheddar cheese - very satisfying.

dinner was a one egg omelette with shredded sharp cheddar.

And my last snack was about 1/4 C greek yogurt and 2 prunes (trying to keep things moving)

This was along with all of my Vitamins and meds and about 55 oz of Water - still working hard to keep hydrated.

As many have mentioned the amount of food that you can no longer consume is astonishing - I was laughing to my husband this morning that if I was to even attempt to try and gain back the weight that I have lost I would have no clue how to do it - other than maybe eat spoonfuls of caramel sauce every hour lol. It just isnt possible to get the volume in.

I do find that I am enjoying my meals much more now that the weird post sugery "everything tastes like heck" phase is fading. So far the sleeve is a remarkable tool :) I think you will find what works for you once you are post op and try out some different things, everyone is different - it is a whole different world when you no longer need to feed the hunger/volume beast.