Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so jealous of everyone on mushies that has refried beans! It is so strange, but I cannot tolerate them. I waited a couple weeks and tried them again yesterday....nope...felt like a golf ball was stuck in my diaphram, terrible feeling. Even after just first couple baby spoons. My sleeve does not like the refried Beans, even after watering them down. They just taste so good! I want them to work, grrr! lol! Anyway, I'm just whining. I shouldn't complain, I can tolerate the dairy pretty well and I know some people struggle with that. I'm not sure what I would do if dairy was out too. Anyone else have a hard time with one of the common foods like refried beans? Also...while I am on here posting...I have been craving a nice crunchy salad. (better that then frensh fries) I know I am still weeks away from this (4 weeks post-op) but just wondering when a small salad is something my little tummy can handle? Just want to know average time post -op solids something like that is introduced. Just curious.

I waited 3 months for salad. If your sleeve doesn't like refried Beans, maybe try thinning them out some? Mine doesn't like spicy anything these days, and I miss that.

I waited 3 months for salad. If your sleeve doesn't like refried beans' date=' maybe try thinning them out some? Mine doesn't like spicy anything these days, and I miss that.[/quote']

Thanks Lissa, yeah tried to thin them out, my sleeve just keeps saying no way. I will try again in a couple more weeks. I start solids on the 21st, but kind of nervous about putting anything thicker than I am now. The texture seems to fill me up right now. Worried that the larger "real" food is going to hurt. I think I'm going to be a scardy cat about it and I will be taking it super slow. I really don't ever feel hungry, I really only crave some things, like salad and just think about it. But it's nice because I don't feel like I'm obsessing over those thoughts like I may have once did during dieting. Now it's like, " that would taste good..." then I think, that would make me so sick and it really doesn't get to me so much. It's a nice feeling really.

The pouched egg with milk not so much I was so excited and it just felt quesy I can't wait to try refried beans...its funny all I crave is a nice salad to lol

I used to LOVE beans!!!! Now... Ugh!!! One taste and up they come. I am almost 4 months out and cannot tolerate Beans at all. My doc said it can happen to become intolerant to some foods. I just started eating eggs this week... Yay!!! Eggs used to make me sick and the tummy ache would last forever. chicken is also new on my list. Do you see a trend??? Protein!!! It gets easier as time goes by. I'm learning that. Maybe I'll never eat beans again. Who knows. But right now, I don't even try. So not worth the vomiting. Good luck

I lived on the refried Beans but only the fat free plain ones at first many have fats and chili spices. Now I am 5mo. out I like them with salsa, cheese n sour cream!

Yep it's strang how some things it doesn't tolerate. I can have pureed tuna fish, pureed ground beef, and pureed chicken just fine. You would think that would be harder to digest. Guess Beans are just out for me.

Mix them with an egg...i eat eggs and Beans all the time maybe it will help...tiny bites and chew chew chew

Mix them with an egg...i eat eggs and Beans all the time maybe it will help...tiny bites and chew chew chew

Thank you for the suggestion. I am not allowed eggs yet. I know a lot of people are at 4 weeks but I want to try and stick with the diet plan my doc and nut want me to be on. I took a couple bites of my sons scrambled eggs and got very sick and had pain. So, I'm not going to break his rules again. :(. Once I can add eggs I will try that and see if it helps.

I know you said you thinned them out but I'm wondering HOW you did it? I was thinking if you used your blender w/some chicken broth and pureed the heck out of them, virtually making a smooth Soup, then that would help!

I'm sorry you're having problems w/stuff. I'm not there yet so don't know if anything is going to end up a big fat no for me.

It's really not bad. Like I said, just wanted to whine a little about it, just was hoping because I like the taste. Honestly, I tolerate more than I thought. I think if it was thinned down to Soup it wouldn't really satisfy the taste buds in the same way. It may get better. Every week I try something that I couldn't tolerate a week before. A lot of trial and error. Some just leave a bigger impressionthan others with the amount of discomfort it presents. I go to solids in a couple weeks, that will be another adventure. I figure there is not really one food anymore that is worth Getting sick over and it's better to just take your time with it. I'm aloud to have mashed potatoes with dry milk and nectar protien and that can be very satisfying. I can also have these coco Cereal and milk and pretzels and chips that is the doctors own brand for bariatric patients. They dissolve fast and are easily digested. They satisfy my chewing and crunchy textures nicely. I appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you.

I was able to eat them immediately, but my nut did say some people do have a hard time with them because they make you gassy, and possibly to fiberous??? I hope this makes sense. Anyhow have faith that you willbe able to have them soon.

I made the Pasta free lasagna from the world according to egg face. That was pretty good. Only could take in a few bites, but tasted good and made me feel full.