Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So...preop Diet Tanked But Lost 5 Lbs.

So I ate my fave mexican tonight and kansas city bbq last night about 2500 cals/day instead of 800 the first 3 days.

Tomorrow I'm rebooting. But I've still managed to lose 7 lbs since tues. A lot of that is definitely Water weight. At 660 I've got a lot of swelling.

Anyhow theres an update on my progress. I bought some advantage eas shakes to try. I want to lower my carb content below 50 gs.

Does anyone else here find the weekend especially hard to stick with your diet?

I was doing 70 carbs, 100 Protein, 800 cals. Mainly a slimfast mixed with lc Protein Powder 3x a day.

Most Definitely! I started the pre-op diet May 30th day 4 was yesterday. Friends having cookout- and I totally went off the wagon and ate a burger , chips and queso. I also was talking myself out of surgery though. I kept rationalizing with myself that I should just go on lowcarb diet and exercise and I could lose the weight. I'm really nervous about having surgery.

I felt lousy afterwards and couldnt sleep at all last night.

I got up this morning with a renewed vow that I am going to have this surgery Im scheduled on the 13th June. So hang in there guy!

"Success is falling nine times and getting up ten."

Jon Bon Jovi

Slips are gonna happen, you had a couple of 2500cal days while on a pre-op diet that is self imposed. I seem to remember you stating a typical day would have been in the 5K calorie range.... You're 2day slip still left you 5000 calories lower than you would have been a couple weeks ago. You've done great, better than I ever would have on sheer will power.

You will get back up, you will succeed, because with the willpower & strength you have, failure is not an option

So I ate my fave mexican tonight and kansas city bbq last night about 2500 cals/day instead of 800 the first 3 days.

Tomorrow I'm rebooting. But I've still managed to lose 7 lbs since tues. A lot of that is definitely Water weight. At 660 I've got a lot of swelling.

Anyhow theres an update on my progress. I bought some advantage eas shakes to try. I want to lower my carb content below 50 gs.

Does anyone else here find the weekend especially hard to stick with your diet?

I am three weeks post op and I slipped a few times eating two lean cuisines instead of one. Let me tell you after the diet, if you slip, You will not feel so good. I took a bite of a breadstick on Friday and I felt it. I lost 45 pounds in a month, so you are on the same track. I ate 1,200-1,600 calories preop and I eat 800-1,200 postop. As for BBQ, I have been watching the Cooking channel and dreaming of a rib again. I hope it was good.

Hi buddy! I just want to let you know that you are doing great. As shain mentioned, even with 2500 cal you are still significantly under your normal caloric intake. It's not to say you should continue on as that if your goal is 800, but you can better ease the guilt knowing that even with a little slip up you can trust yourself to not go ALL THE WAY overboard. And you didn't. That's so great, keep up the great work, I know you can do it and you'll be just fine. Just remember your goal and the outcomes that will be!

My pre op liquid diet limits were 70-90 grams of Protein and no more than 30g carbs a day for a week before. I went with 8 days, but I wound up losing 13 lbs before surgery. (My weight loss always starts off quick and then slows down significantly). I love the EAS but found that the Pure protein has good flavor, lower cals and twice the amount of protein. The carbs are really addictive. If you can steel yourself to a few days of grumpiness, as you come off of them you will realize that not only do they not fill you up well for long, but you are much less hungry when you keep them low. I pretty much had to swear off all simple carbs, (they were one of my favorite things in the world). You have to figure out your triggers and keep those in the forefront of your mind. You are doing great. This is a learning process. Now you have learned something new about yourself and you need to not just forget it, but incorporate it into this life change!

I am three weeks post op and I slipped a few times eating two lean cuisines instead of one. Let me tell you after the diet, if you slip, You will not feel so good. I took a bite of a breadstick on Friday and I felt it. I lost 45 pounds in a month, so you are on the same track. I ate 1,200-1,600 calories preop and I eat 800-1,200 postop. As for BBQ, I have been watching the Cooking channel and dreaming of a rib again. I hope it was good.

food channel is probably not a good station to watch post-sleeve lol

My pre op liquid diet limits were 70-90 grams of Protein and no more than 30g carbs a day for a week before. I went with 8 days, but I wound up losing 13 lbs before surgery. (My weight loss always starts off quick and then slows down significantly). I love the EAS but found that the Pure Protein has good flavor, lower cals and twice the amount of protein. The carbs are really addictive. If you can steel yourself to a few days of grumpiness, as you come off of them you will realize that not only do they not fill you up well for long, but you are much less hungry when you keep them low. I pretty much had to swear off all simple carbs, (they were one of my favorite things in the world). You have to figure out your triggers and keep those in the forefront of your mind. You are doing great. This is a learning process. Now you have learned something new about yourself and you need to not just forget it, but incorporate it into this life change!

Thanks.. not sure I like the EAS I just bought by themselves - a little watery - but I'm going to try adding a scoop or Optimum Nutrition to it to thicken them up a bit- I love the ON and that would make the protein like almost 40 grams 3 of those a day and I'm set!

Have you tried body fortress Protien powder? My surgeon recommended it when I told him I couldn't afford advocare... They have a chocolate Peanut Butter that I swear tastes like liquid butterfingers!!!!! He said to thicken it up to add 2 tablespoons of sugar free pudding. Depending on the flavor/ brand of pudding it's about 170 calories for the total (mixed with water) 2g of sugar and 26 grams of Protein, that times 4 is less than your 800 cal goal... Just a suggestion.

And geez this weekend was miserable!!! I cried last night and after going to Walmart (3 kids apparently equals no more silverware)... I knew it would be hard, but it is so hard! Jump back on the band wagon!! We can do this!!!

Today was awesome. Got a good workout in los of Water. Mcds salad for dinner with grilled chicken 3 Protein shakes. 850 cals + burned another 400 working out.

I'm excited to keep this up. I know it will be worth it.

That is SO AWESOME! Keep that up and you will be golden <3

Oh, Patrick... It's ok- Mexican is my downfall... I would go out right now and down shell-less tacos if I could.... But just start over again tomorrow And just make it a new day

food channel is probably not a good station to watch post-sleeve lol

You will understand once you are sleeved. I am on my 4th week and a bite of a breadstick the other day did not feel well. Along with other test foods. Enjoy that McD's salad, because it will be awhile.

I'm with disneyteach....post sleeve I love to watch the food channel. I know it's weird, but I've also noticed other post of a few other post sleevers who also like to watch. Also please remember it is very important to try to stick to your pre op diet. It is usually the hardest part for most people. I think it was last week a women posted that she had surgery and her doctor was unable to sleeve her because her liver was still to large. I think some of us can get side tracked in regards to the importance of the pre op diet, but a situation like that really puts things in perspective.