Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I went for my first fill this morning!!! First I was shocked to see that I had not gained any weight like I thought I did in the past month. I stayed the same. SHOCKING! Second, I love my surgeon. He defintiely rocks! The fill was totally uneventful, a little pinch to numb the area and then the fill needle went in and I felt nothing. They did it under flouroscope so that helps with find the port and not having to poke around. First he gave me 4.5 cc's in my VG Band (which holds 11cc). Then he made me drink the barium to see how everything was going through and then he gave me another 1cc, so I am at 5.5cc and am thrilled that he was a little more aggressive than others. I asked him to be since this was the only fill that my insurance will cover and he said he will make it a good one. I'm just drinking my Protein Shake now and I had 3 sips and can feel a total difference. I definitely have to start sipping. Anyway, I am very happy and excited to have this fill done and with the amount he gave me and will keep everyone posted on the progress. Must be on liquids for today and tomorrow then progress slowly. :P

MOM: I've lost 2 lbs. for the week. I'm at 188 and thankful for every ounce!

ItsGottaGo: Congratulations on a great experience with your first fill! I wish my doc has been more aggressive.

I hope you continue to feel great! Keep up the good work!

Bolthouse farms drinks.. The one I bought "Perfectly Protein" 15.2 oz bottle with 19g of Protein, 160 calories per serving

I was going to Walmart this afternoon, so I took a look at the Protein Drink you mentioned. Be careful...that bottle is very deceptive. It's 19g of Protein in the whole bottle. According to their website nutritional data, an 8 oz. serving has 160 calories and 10g protein.

Tami

Reporting a 1 pound weight loss this week. I'm looking forward to my fill next week. I don't know why my doctor makes me wait so long. It will be 2 months since my surgery! My weight seems to have stalled, but I went out of town this weekend and ate out a lot. I didn't eat a lot, but I think it had a lot of salt, etc. Oh well. I guess the idea is to be able to live and lose weight. Before my band, I probably would have gained weight. Good luck to all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopeWorks

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11788

It's called "What R We Eating"....lots and lots of posts showing different band levels eating habits...check it out!

Yeah, but that's part of the Maryland forum.

Tami

THIS ENTIRE SITE IS OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE IT - I HOPE YOU DON'T SERIOUSLY THINK YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN MARYLAND TO BENEFIT FROM THE "What R We Eating" SITE? OR HAVE BEEN BANDED IN OCTOBER TO BENEFIT FROM THE "October Bandsters" TO BENEFIT FROM THAT SITE?

I think the folks in Maryland have the same food options as the rest of us non-Marylanders. :P

I went into the doctor's office for my first fill today. Frankly, I was more afraid of being chewed out for what I worried was an inadequate weight loss (silly me.) I am down 21.5 pounds from the day of surgery, 238 down to 217.5 (gotta get that half pound in there!) The fill was really uneventful and I definitely feel a difference today. Of course, crazy is as crazy does, and I turned down a Frappachino at Starbucks (thinking of how unhealthy that was) but found myself eating a scone with a cup of regular coffee instead. Fortunately, my dog was happy to share the scone so things did not turn out as badly as it could have been.

A couple of questions...has anyone had the experience of hearing their tummy growl? I happened to be sitting in court as a juror last week and the sounds coming from my hungry tummy were outrageous! I have never heard it growl so loudly, I think the Judge was wondering what was going on in the juror's box. Since that time I have noticed it more and more.

Also, I've read here that people weigh their food. What about measuring it in ounces with a kitchen measuring cup? The bowls in my cupboard are so big I felt deprived when I scoop out portion sizes. Now I have a few small bowls that are about 6 ounces each...it seems when I see one of these full, I feel less deprived. Which is the proper way to measure food?

I would love to hear what people are doing.

Quote:

"I HOPE YOU DON'T SERIOUSLY THINK YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN MARYLAND TO BENEFIT FROM THE "What R We Eating" SITE? OR HAVE BEEN BANDED IN OCTOBER TO BENEFIT FROM THE "October Bandsters" TO BENEFIT FROM THAT SITE?"

Yeah, I kinda did think it worked that way. I might read other forums, but I generally wouldn't contribute to those threads. But, regardless, if ya'll don't want to post "what are you eating" here, it's fine by me!

Tami

Also, I've read here that people weigh their food. What about measuring it in ounces with a kitchen measuring cup? The bowls in my cupboard are so big I felt deprived when I scoop out portion sizes. Now I have a few small bowls that are about 6 ounces each...it seems when I see one of these full, I feel less deprived. Which is the proper way to measure food?

I would love to hear what people are doing.

Food is most accurately measured by weight. There are so many variables when using measuring cups that can effect it. I work in the housewares (kitchen gadgets) business, and have every gadget you can imagine. I love my kitchen scale, and now weigh pretty much everything. I will use a liquid measurning cup for milk, but thats about it.

I do also here my stomach grumble, mostly at night when I lay down.

Hi Mom,

Just weighing in for th Christmas Challenge. -1 lb this week.

lisalee: Oh boy have I heard my tummy growl! When I went for the fill and the doc was locating the port and pressing on various parts of my tummy, I thought there was something wrong with what he was doing. It growled louder than I thought was possible. It was kinda funny, kinda embarrassing. He seemed so intent on what he was doing, he acted like he didn't hear it. :embarassed:

Hi MOM, sad to say I stayed the same this week, still up one from the original weight. I just keep telling myself to be patient, my body is still adjusting, BUT I can really tell a difference in how my clothes fit now. NSV I think it's called, I still feel so much better then before the surgery.

Here's the latest ! I must say you guys are doing great. Don't be discourged if you did'nt lose, it will come. I go for the first fill today and will report my weight after that. I'm pissed at my scales so I'm punishing them right now. We will see what the Doc's scales say.

Challenger’s Start Weight<O:p</O:p

Mom of Many 226/-1/-1

Want2lose208/-1/-1/-1

Valgal1968 252/-0/+1/-0<O:p</O:p

BJean 192/-1/-1/-2

Gonnabethin194/-0/-0/-0

Em125 217/-3/-1/-0

Katt288/+3/-6<O:p</O:p

MimIN235/-2/-2/-3

TruBlueSue190/-3/-2

Diane5467 283/-2/-2/-0<O:p</O:p

Sandranoelle302/-3/-3<O:p</O:p