Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I think that you're all doing great. If you have slipped, get back on the band wagaon. You'll feel better about yourself and that's half the battle. I think that we have to feel peace with hunger. I'm starting too. I don't know why I use to feel almost panicky if I was hungry. I'm learning that even if I'm hungry, in a few hours I'll be able to eat again and it will be alright. I don't feel any restriction either (fill on 11-7), but I'm learning that one of the most unimportant things in life is what we ate yesterday. If you slipped, do better. If you're making good choices than you need to keep it up, because the here and now is what counts.

B- Matrix brand Protein with fruit

Snack- 1/2 c. bran Cereal with skim milk

L- Lean Cuisine or egg & fruit or meat (3 0z) & veggie or fruit

Snack- Protein Drink or low fat, sugar free yogurt, !/2 piece of fruit

D- 3 oz meat & a veggie

Snack- Protein Drink

I'll try the scale...it will be interesting to see what I think is a portion size and what it actually is. Does lettuce weight a lot? And has anyone had a problem getting it down?

I feel like I'm no longer a virgin. I had my first golf ball experience and almost PBed. Fortunately it only lasted about 10 minutes and produced tons of saliva. I finally was able to summon a real burp and loosened my bra (underwire) and I know I will live.

NOW I know why I don't want to hurry even if the little buggers are going to be knocking on my door any second wanting treats. Last year the little monsters didn't allow me to sit down once from dark until about 9 PM! I wanted to get dinner done before they started coming. My chest still hurts a little... not a fun experience. I can't imagine what it would be like if it lasted for hours as some people have said.

Btw, lisalee, I had my first real salad at lunch today. It wasn't a problem going down, but maybe that's why I had this problem tonight. I haven't been eating salad and haven't had the major pain until tonight. Think I'll stay away from them for a while longer. :)

Greetings. I didn't loose this week. because you say..... because I too am at the I this diet stage. My food today:

B: 1 package instant oatmeal (sugar less) with about 1/2 cup skim milk

S: 5 mm's or so... I lost count not more than 10

L: Leftover enchalata casserole about 1 cup

S: Left over chicken thigh (I seem to loose my energy about this time of day. and 1/2 cup of orange juice.< /p>

D: In a while I will have leftover spagetti.

not too bad except for the mm's and orange juice. I probably should of had either the OJ or chicken , not both.

I talked to someone who had gastric bypass today. She too said that she went through the WHY THE HE__ DID I DO THIS stage. I guess it is common, especially for those who relied so heavily on food to meet our every need. What do we do now when we are frustrated or depressed.

Or when work is hard, or when your kids drive you crazy. Maybe we should make a list of things we could substitute.......

I will start the list, exercise.....

Maybe we should make a list of things we could substitute.......

I will start the list, exercise.....

Hmmm....how about a dip in the hot tub?

Tami

MOM- I have lost 2 pounds this week, and recieved my first fill yesterday. I am feeling pretty good. I am sorry it took so long to post, but I couldn't get logged in, something was up with the site.

Have a great day.

Erin

Challenger’s Start Weight

Mom of Many 226/-1/-1

Want2lose208/-1/-1

Valgal1968 252/-0/+1<O:p</O:p

BJean 192/-1/-1

Gonnabethin194/-0/-0

Em125 217/-3/-1

Katt288/+3/-6<O:p</O:p

MimIN235/-2/-2

TruBlueSue190/-3/-2

Diane5467 283/-2/-2<O:p</O:p

Sandranoelle302/-3/-3<O:p</O:p

Wantlapband190/-4.5<O:p</O:p

Lamamama219.5/-4/-3.5<O:p</O:p

R2ht4u 180/-2/-0<O:p</O:p

TamifromLA243/-5/-3

Cassandra258/+2/-2.2<O:p</O:p

Fraleyk176/-1/-0<O:p</O:p

SLHarrison209/-5<O:p</O:p

Tommygirl248/-3/+1

Lapoli 7370/-3/-0<O:p</O:p

Lifelongband310/-2/-0<O:p</O:p

msgoat4949 227/-1/-2

April 253/-1

Jgandg 266/-0/-0

LindaN 236/-8

Lisalee238/-2

Kareyquilts198/-2

Tanya67 303/-5<O:p</O:p

sweet31eve 233<O:p</O:p

Rita Ann 190<O:p</O:p

YellowRoseKnows 272<O:p</O:p

Diane5467 283<O:p</O:p

Bettina 25 lb goal<O:p</O:p

TOTAL LOSS=96.2lbs:clap2: <O:p</O:p

I had my first fill of 1 cc in a 4 cc band 2-1/2 weeks ago. This week I've noticed that I'm much hungrier between meals, and can eat more (if I let myself). My doc's office scheduled the 2nd fill 6 weeks after the first, and my appointment is the week after Thanksgiving. They did say, though, that I could move the appointment up if I felt I really needed it. So, I'm wondering whether I should see if they can get me in before Thanksgiving, to help prevent me from overdoing it that week. On the other hand, I have lost weight (questionable this week!), and I'm afraid she'll say, "You're still losing, you don't need a fill."

So, is hunger a good enough reason to move my fill appointment up? Or should I wait for the scheduled appointment or until the scales stop moving for a week or two?

Tami

Just had my first sliming and stuck incident. Thankfully, it only lasted about 5 minutes, I can't imagine that going on for hours! I have this back massager thing and I tapped it on my back and I became unstuck! Sheesh! I did PB a little but didn't realize I should have coughed it out, so back down it went, that made it worse. Next time I'll cough it out (not to be gross). Looks like I have that elusive restriction we all are looking for.

Well, I had my first fill 2 days ago. I am feeling some restriction, but not as much as I would like. She put in 3 cc's in a VG band. I am getting the hiccups when I am full, but it seems like there is more food going in that I had expected. I am portioning these out. I can eat a whole Lean Cuisine. Is this normal?

I had my first fill on Monday this week. I thought I had restriction that day but it went away the next day. Last night I ate a 9.5 oz. Lean Cuisine AND a banana and had no sensation of satiety or fullness. The only sensation I seem to have is if I fail to chew adequately or something is too dry then it is moderate pain for about 5 minutes just above my clavicle. I don't think it's normal either but I have read that it may take a couple of fills to get to the right place. In the meantime I am walking 2miles or 30 minutes a day with 1.5lb weights on each ankle and struggling to stop after a 250-300 calorie meal. That and 1 or 2 Snacks eg. a piece of fruit or an ounce of lean sandwich meat between meals. The inches...I think are slowly reducing...I think. Frankly, I cannot remember what I weighed when last I wore a size 22, 20 or 18. I am obsessed with being a success and want to do better than the quoted "50% excess weight loss average." I realize that one has to find "new obsessions" but how?

Trying to find a new obsession??? HHHMMM!!!! I just don't know about that, that is hard to do especially when food was it for so long. I try and meal plan and sometimes it just doesn't work for me. I am thinking of making an appointment for when Jessie comes back. She is out of the office all next week. I will see how it goes until then.

Tami: I've read here that it takes sometimes 6 to 10 days before a fill starts making you feel restricted. It doesn't make sense to me, but sure enough I had my first actual PB today. I had the golf ball thing and almost PB'ed but I thought that was an isolated incident. Then today at Breakfast (restaurant, for heaven's sake) I actually had to leave the table and go do my thing. I had only had a small portion of an egg white omelet and a very small bite of a bran muffin. I had a bottle of Water on the way to the restaurant and maybe between that and the bran in the muffin, something expanded and caused the PB. I avoided the PB as long as I could but once it actually happened, I felt better.

I've been more careful all day. But I can still eat an entire Lean Cuisine, no problem. But I'm not as anxious to get another fill like I was before I had those 2 incidents. If I were you, Tami, I'd give it some time.