Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

ItsGottaGo: I am feeling like I need to confess tonight. I went to the movies with my DH and it's a theatre that has really great food. I wound up having a steak sandwich with fries. Good Lord, what came over me?? When I first looked at the menu, I planned to order the pecan crusted trout. When the waiter came I lost it and ordered what I would have ordered before LB. I know I will pay for this. My DH couldn't believe I would be able to eat it. I split the sandwich with him and had some of his salad, but I'll tell you I need another fill or two! Just not enough restriction!!

Don't beat yourself up BJean! We all make mistakes. I can't believe you were able to get the bread down though, I did try to eat a sandwich the other day, but I think I ate it too fast and let me tell you, it hurt, it hurt bad, I thought it would never go down. I won't try soft bread anymore, but I did eat a banana nut muffin yesterday and had no problem with that going down, of course! Oh, for shame! Tomorrow is a new day, and someday we will have the restriction we need to help us along this journey, it may just take a little time. The only thing that annoys me is all the people who just don't get it, they expect the weight to be falling off of me like it does with the Gastric Bypass. No matter how many times I try to explain about the fills and restriction, it's like talking to a brick wall. I think if it wasn't for the "expectation" for those around me, I would be more relaxed about the amount of time it is actually going to take for the weight to come off. And, I am not one to usually care what anyone thinks, it's just so annoying the curiosity (not sure if it is concern) of those who ask how it's going. I wish I didn't tell some of the people that I did, but, I never learn to keep my big mouth shut!:censored: :blah: :doh: :gossip:

Hi everyone. Sorry, but this is my first chance to get on and put my weight. I was down another 3 this week. I am really trying to be on my best behavior. I go for my first fill on Tuesday so I keep telling myself "I can make it until then...just keep the portions small and healthy...." But man do I need a fill! I'm hungry! :hungry:

Banded 9/6/06 starting weight 265 pounds had my first fill 10/16/06 weight at time of fill was 235 pounds .My fill was 1cc don't feel much different than before the fill .Go back to the doc next week have lost another 5 pounds a total of 35 pounds.I love my band.

:help: :help: :help: Could everyone post what they eat for the day... Maybe even for the next week. Just tell us what you ate that day. I am having a hard time not wanting to eat what I ate before.. I can't rely on the band... I need to change my eating habits... Isn't that right? I have been eating those sugar free instant oatmeal packages. It is about a cup when I add milk .. Actually I cook it in milk to a pretty creamy stage. Am I eating too much? at one time. When I get a fill (in two weeks) will it be impossible to eat a cup of food? :help: I am trying to do this but it sure is hard.. How do you get the attitude of I love my band???:) I want that attitude in stead of the one where i this and want to eat????? :hungry: Please answer I need some moral support badly..:help:

I wish I could help you Sandranoelle but I've lost all the restriction and that total resolve that I had the first few weeks post-op. I even pretty much kept it together until my first fill last week. Since then I have been really disappointed that my appetite is stronger and my restriction is less.

I am really tired of my DH telling me I shouldn't have such an appetite. He's also commented about how much food I can eat now. I've explained until I'm blue in the face that the band doesn't take your appetite away, it just causes you to eat less food in one sitting. He just doesn't get it.

This afternoon I had a margarita and Mexican food at a really fun outdoor Mexican Restaurant here. I haven't eaten that much since before banding. And it is the first alcohol drink that I've had too. I feel heavy and bloated and tired.

I am not sure how I'm going to get my head back on straight and keep my determination to lose 25 lbs. by Christmas, but if anyone else has any clues, please share them. :paranoid

ItsGottaGo: Tell me about it! Everyone I've told is watching me like a hawk to see the lbs. roll off before their very eyes. I have explained that this is not gastric bypass surgery and that it is a 2 year plan. It is getting old sounding like I'm making excuses for not having lost 100 lbs. since 9/11! I'm really glad I didn't tell more people! I even told my husband's family (who are all skinny as a rail) about the hiatal hernia instead of the band. Just my kids and one friend and of course the DH know. That's enough for me.

I think that the suggestion, above, that we post an example of what we eat each day is a good one. I think that might inspire me and make me realize how off the path I've gotten.

hi there

was banded 8/23 in Denver by Dr Kirschenbaum (lapbandrockies.com) and have lost 25 lbs. Sometimes its slower than I'd like but other times I know it took a long time to put on.

Question - does anyone have irritation type pain from strenuous exercies at the fill port area?

want2lose: Thank you very much. That's about what I had been having before my first fill. And I was doing well with weight loss. Since the fill I have been unrestricted and for some dang reason eating more than I need.

I'm going to look at your meal plan for the day and try to get re-inspired!

I get my first fill 11/8. I'm leaving on vacation Wed 11/1 to go to California for a week. I am traveling with my DH & DD's, as well as my sister, BIL, and their 2 kids. Nobody knows about my band except my DH, so it will be an interesting week. Normally when we travel together there is a LOT of alcohol consumed, usually in the high caloric variety like margaritas. I'm hoping just to maintain that week. The day after we get home is when I go for my fill. I can hardly wait.

I am also a huge candy junkie. Halloween is a MAJOR issue for me. I decided to give away full size bars this year, which has made it harder for me to snack on. If there were little bars sitting around I think I would have broken into them my now. So far so good, the boxes are all still sealed.

I like the idea of posting what we're eating! Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:

coffee w/Sweet N Low & Coffee Mate Lite

Poached egg w/1/2 sl. 2% American cheese and 1 sl. Pepp Farm Thin bread

Lunch:

Cobb salad: 1 c. green leaf lettuce, chopped, with 1/2 c. toppings, which included turkey, hard boiled egg, lite cheddar, lite blue cheese, bacon, almond slivers, avocado, with about a tablespoon Caesar vinaigrette

Mid-Afternoon:

Small FF, NF Dippin' Dots ice cream; later a cup of coffee w/Sweet N Low and non-dairy Creamer.< /p>

Dinner:

1 c. Ravioli w/gourmet turkey sausage simmered with seasoned diced tomatoes and portebello mushrooms.

Snack: SF Tapioca pudding

I love this program. I'm eating YUMMY foods (in small quantities), and losing weight! I haven't started exercising yet because I have plantar fasciitis, which limits most exercises. I keep hoping that losing the weight will help my foot heal so that I can get moving!

Tami

Thanks for the menu.. do you actually weigh your food? I had chicken the other night and just ate a leg. I don't know how many oz. I guess I should measure more.. I too as scared of failing on this. my fill is in two weeks. but I think the big problem is emotional.. I have used food to cope for so long that when I don't have it I am freaking out. The one thing I didn't think about when I knew that it was reversable was that I would have to put together another huge sum of money. . . I know I am giving up too soon.. after 6 weeks is not long enough. So BJean I am with you. Let's start by not eating anything we shouldn't tonight. Here is my menu for today.

carnation instant Breakfast

grilled cheese sandwich with the crusts cut off

chicken gravy on rice with broccoli

all of the above was not measured

of course there was the few popcorn pieces

the extra bites of chicken, with the skin on

the 3 tastes at the store

the extra rice and gravy I ate while doing the dishes....

but I will not piece anymore tonight...

I think I will post a thread on the support site asking those who are farther along on this what they did when they found themselves eating out of control and getting depressed.

I don't need to make a new thread.. I have been reading the most interesting threads. eating disorders, depression etc. It really seems to help read them.. I have been pretty much just doing our band. there is a whole new world of support out there. Of couse we are wonderful going through this at the same time. Anyway please keep posting daily menus it really helps.

Bjean: I can relate, I am much more hungry now then I was pre-fill. I am starting to think it's psychological - expecting to have little to no appetite and that is not the case. And I too have that problem with my boyfriend and he counts everything that goes into my mouth. There are moments I want to strangle him!