Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

MOM: I had to laugh at your cookie experience. I love home made choco. chip Cookies. I would not trust myself if I made those! But your experience of spitting it out was smart.

Your menu for today sounds good. If you can keep that up, you'll be doing fine. Sure hope your first fill goes well this week!

Somebody give me a clue - I'm doing it to myself again! You know how you go on a diet, do okay for awhile, then just start eating mindlessly? Here I am, doing it with the band!! I've been logging my food religiously - the past week or so I[ve eaten all kinds of sweets - bad for you worthless food - and its gone down easier than the food I should eat.. just when people are starting to notice that I'm making this effort and making progress - even the toxic ones like my mom who would never say anything good without a dig...lol...you guys know what I mean...so what gives? I need some of your expertise - I recognise I'm doing it but what can I do to stay focused without beating myself up to the point where I feel like I don't deserve to succeed??

I've gained 2.5 pounds this week! I'm so bummed all I want to do is crawl into bed and cry.

This week I weigh in at 228, a loss of 3lbs...

I'm down another 4 lbs. this week, for a challenge total of 12 lbs.

Sue, I wish I could bottle whatever it is that's boosting me along, and share it. I've been where you are many times, during many diets. I don't know what it is that puts you in the right mind-set. At least now when motivation leaves, we do have the band in place to help us along until we can get it back!

Besides journalling, which you are already doing, here are some things that help me:

**Water. Lot's & lots.

**Be prepared. Keep on hand plenty of easy to grab, but healthy Snacks. Some of my favorites are raw almonds, turkey Jerky, and SF pudding and yogurt.

**Eat good food. Take the time to prepare tasty, low-fat foods. Then, freeze away left-overs in bandster portions. I love turkey chili and veggie beef Soup (so thick it's really more of a stew).

Hope this week is better for you, Sue.

Tami

TrueBlueSue: We probably can't tell each other exactly why we can be so self-destructive. We each have to decide for ourseves that we want to make this "tool" work. I am having a pretty hard time right now too. But I'm hanging in there and fighting it every difficult step of the way. I know my past history with diets and I am telling myself that this is different. The different part being that I have invested BIG money and faced invasive surgery with placement of a "tool" in my abdomen that will work for me if I don't undermine it.

One of the things I have learned since being banded, that I never seemed to get in the past, is that I just cannot have the things I used to love (that made me obese) in the house. I'm just not that strong yet. I learned that I have to have the things that are sugar free and fat free handy. I've never before been able to look at sugar free/fat free foods as my friend. I've always hated them with all my heart. Crazy, huh?

But now I know that the only way I'm going to look like and feel like a normal person is to utilize the things that are going to get me there, like low or non-fat sugar free healthy food, exercise, and the Lap Band.

Slim people do not load up on things that are bad for them. We can tell ourselves as often as we want that some slim people can "eat anything they want and not get fat". But the truth is, they make better food choices and they move more. Slim people care about themselves enough to eat to be healthy instead of having a love affair with foods that taste fabulous and they get up and do something instead of sitting on the couch in front of the TV.

I'm rambling here because that's what I do, but this helps me to get re-motivated when I am undermining the band. Because if I eat carbs (sweets and white foods) I'm undermining the band. I know from lifelong experience that carbs make me crave carbs and I get way out of control after one cookie or ice cream binge. It takes me days to get sugar out of my system enough so that I can be satisfied again with a reasonable eating plan. And I'm NOT dieting anymore - I'm adopting a reasonable eating plan.

I hope you can back away from whatever is causing things to be difficult for you. I know this... I can't attain a reasonable eating plan for anyone else; only for me. This whole thing is about me and the way I want to feel and look. If I don't give a damn about myself, there's no way in hell that I can make this band work. I will never stick to any reasonable plan for my health and beauty if I I'm simply doing it to make someone else happy with me. I'm the one who has to get happy with me.

Good luck on your trip to a better way of life. :)

Hi Guys sorry I missed last weeks weigh in.. I remember it being 208.2 with a total of .8 for 2 weeks.. Then last Tuesday I took a pretty nasty fall while delivering a certified letter to the door.. Twisted my right ankle nicely and brused up my left knee.. The only thing that hurts the worst is my pride.. OMG I hope no one saw me BIT THE DIRT. As of today I weight 206.. YEA!! sitting on my butt all week and lost 2.2 lbs.. Go figure!!! So my running total for the challenge is 3 lbs!!

Still at 194 while this is not a loss it certainly is not a gain and for that IM THRILLED!! 2 more weeks before I can get a fill!

Zero loss for me this week. Hopefully when I weigh in Wednesday at Weight Watchers, I'll have a loss.

You guys are great...I know what it is - my aunt and uncle from the Uk are in visiting my mom...food - dinner - etc., - an excuse to socialize with them plus meals is doing me in - my aunt brought me some chocolate that I can't get here in the US and of course I had to eat it all at once - over a couple ofdays instead of a couple of months...lol...I am just goign to have to watch it more...plus, I had a little unfill of .4 ccs becasue I was too tight, and the ability to eat a little more didn't help either....just got to put my mind to the fact that this tool is meant as just that - I still have to eat healthily and make good choices...

I woke up this morning another 1.5 lbs lighter :omg: for a Christmas Challenge total of 9.5. Current weight 226.5. :clap2: Go for my second fill

tomorrow. Hope it goes a little better. Took 25 minutes to find the port

hole. Was very bruised. Still have most of my fat around the middle which I think makes it harder to locate the port.

Banded 6 Sep 06

1st Fill 17 Oct 06; 1.8cc

251/226.5/150

I want to share this with all of you guys.. Yesterday at Walmart shopping in the salad, fruit, veggie section I ran across these Bolthouse farms drinks.. The one I bought "Perfectly Protein" 15.2 oz bottle with 19g of Protein, 160 calories per serving, 3 fat, and absolutely WONDERDFUL!!! Taste like a piece of pumpkin pie in a bottle!!! I just want to drink the whole bottle and run to walmart and buy MORE MORE MORE!! which I will on my way home from the DR. :)

I have a hard time getting all of the protein and this is a little help that taste great!!

Hope you all enjoy as much as I do!!