Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Karey, wow, how tramatic. I'm surprised you didn't lose 10 pounds in stress. Of course the old me would of eaten my way through the stress.. I am sure we all will worry about you and your family.. Thank God your son is ok... I can't even imagine... I am rambling I am so shocked.

MOM - Weirdest thing.. I didn't loose for 2 weeks. They had pizza as a celebration at school. I thought ...I could have a few bites... I ate the whole piece. (not filled yet). ANYWAY..I have lost a pound a day since then.... sssssssssooooooo I am down 6 for this week yahoo.... Getting filled next week on Wednesday..

my reply posted before I was done... But I need to ask you all

OPINIONS PLEASE

If I am loosing weight 30 pounds in 6 weeks why do I need a fill.. does it really make you feel full so the restriction, throwing up and gagging is worth it. Or should I wait until I am at a stall....?????????

tHANKS TO ALL

Karey! How frightening!! I am really sorry that you lost some of your worldly goods. That's really a bummer. But I am so glad your son is all right. I have often wondered if I would remember what the police says if you come home and someone is there robbing you, or even if you come home and the house is messed up. You're supposed to back out of there fast and call the cops. I just don't think that I would remember it if I came home and saw everything all messed up. I'd want to investigate.

Hang in there with your good choices for eating. We're supposed to learn not to overeat when where stressed. I don't know how to manage that quite yet, but I'm sure trying. Good luck! and I sure hope they catch those crummy thieves and you get your stuff back!

MOM: I'm not keeping track of everyone else, but are you the leader so far in our Christmas challenge?? You're doing great! Keep up the good work...you are an inspiration!

my reply posted before I was done... But I need to ask you all

OPINIONS PLEASE

If I am loosing weight 30 pounds in 6 weeks why do I need a fill.. does it really make you feel full so the restriction, throwing up and gagging is worth it. Or should I wait until I am at a stall....?????????

tHANKS TO ALL

My doctors office says it is up to you when and how often, they just give the suggestion of.

MOM: I'm not keeping track of everyone else, but are you the leader so far in our Christmas challenge?? You're doing great! Keep up the good work...you are an inspiration!

I'm not leading but here are those that are.

Sandranoelle has lost 12lbs

lamamama 11.5 lbs

tamifromAL 14 lbs

bout the fill thing, my doc won't give it unless you stop losing or slow to a crawl. He says if you are losing there is no need to mess with a good thing.

My weight as on Nov. 6 is 181 lbs. I'm not sure how to make a ticker work for the xmas challenge and I forgot what I started out at....sorry...

But I have lost 24 lbs so far.

:) Hi. I Am New To This Site And Am Not Sure What I Am Doing Yet. I Have Never Been On A Chat Site. I Was Banded On 9/05/06. To Date I Have Lost About 40lbs. I Was Kind Of Disappointed Because At My Six Week Visit They Wouldn't Fill. I Was Starving And Was Starting To Feel Very Hungry And Out Of Control. But Wouldn't Fill Because Of My Weight Loss. The Only Reason I Have Done So Well Is Because I Was Self Pay And Don't Want To Fail. Does The Horrible Hunger Go Away Once You Get A Fill. I Didn't Have This In The First Four Weeks After Surgery. Laurie

I'm not leading but here are those that are.

Sandranoelle has lost 12lbs

lamamama 11.5 lbs

tamifromAL 14 lbs

:whoo: :first: :humble: :)

OK, I think I have thoroughly jinxed myself! :eek

Hi. I Am New To This Site And Am Not Sure What I Am Doing Yet. I Have Never Been On A Chat Site. I Was Banded On 9/05/06. To Date I Have Lost About 40lbs. I Was Kind Of Disappointed Because At My Six Week Visit They Wouldn't Fill. I Was Starving And Was Starting To Feel Very Hungry And Out Of Control. But Wouldn't Fill Because Of My Weight Loss. The Only Reason I Have Done So Well Is Because I Was Self Pay And Don't Want To Fail. Does The Horrible Hunger Go Away Once You Get A Fill. I Didn't Have This In The First Four Weeks After Surgery. Laurie

Welcome! Congrats on your loss. You're doing great! You and I were banded on the same day. But, my doc had no problem with the first fill. He just asked if I have been hungry between meals, and I told him "yes!". Since the fill I've still been hungry, and have to use the old self control. I wonder whether or not to get another fill, though, because like you, I'm losing weight. On the one hand, I don't want to mess with what's working weight-wise, but on the other hand, I want to make the best use of this expensive tool (I was self-pay, too).

Tami

First thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! I think that if you are hungry you should be able to get a fill! That's what you paid the big bucks for! Doesn't the doc think you can have self-control and follow his directions?! That's why your losing! I'd call and insist on a fill. I just had my first fill (a whole 1cc. big whoppy!) and I don't fill any restriction. My doctor said to come back in 6-8 weeks and get another one and I said when should I feel the restriction. He answered within 2 weeks. Then I replied that I am not going to wait another 2 months if I don't feel the restriction. I'm tired of feeling hungry. I have been using all my self-control as well. You shouldn't be punished for using self-control! My doctor finally agreed and said if the fill isn't workng, I can come back in two weeks. So stand up for yourself!

:whoo: :first: :humble: :)

OK, I think I have thoroughly jinxed myself! :eek

My grandmother once said that even if you think it, don't say it outloud! you never know who will hear you and you may change your karma! You are doing great! and don't let the your old self tell you otherwise!