Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I like the idea of posting what we eat. I think it makes me more accountable. Breakfast: 1 cup green tea, 2 scrambled eggs w/1

slice turkey bacon

Lunch: 2 cups 15 bean Soup w/ham

Dinner: 4 or 5 oz. grilled salmon w/asparagus & corn

SF Popsicle

64 oz Water

I usually walk on the treadmill every day but I thought I was going to the Y to swim so I ended up not doing anything.

I had my first fill on Thurs. He put 3cc in a VG band and I don't know if it is psychological or not but I have been starving ever since. I was really looking forward to the fill and anxious that it would hurt but it didn't. It didn't work either. I have to keep reminding myself that it usually takes 2-3 fills to achieve any restriction. I have lost 25 lbs since banding and I am truly thrilled at my progress. I just have to keep working with it. My dr. says to eat Protein first and I have reallly been avoiding anything white (I love white food). So let's just all hang in here together. Sandranoelle, you are close to my age, and I think (I am sure I will bring the fury down here) we have to work harder. I know that it took me 2 weeks to build up to 17 minutes on the treadmill. I was soooo out of shape. You can do it. Keep the faith and use the tool. Katt

My menu for the day...

B - yogurt smoothie

S - Sargento's 1/2 fat cheese string - 1/2 cup Protein Shake

L - 2 chicken nuggets from Wendy's and 1/2 Caesar side salad

S - Yogurt, once of mixed nuts, cheese string

D - doughless pizza, more mixed nuts, PB cup (BAD!!)

S - 1/2 cup FF chocolate ice cream, more nuts

I shouldn't even be eating this stuff yet as I just had a fill on Thursday but I was ravenous today!

what kind of Protein Shake? Do you make your own. I have tasted somethings with Protein Powder and yuk.. also what is a crustless pizza? Thanks for posting menus . I am getting some good ideas.

yea. I think the older you are the harder it is to exercise. After all I raised 6 kids and didn't exercise... you would think I could do it now..

Ok, here's what I ate today:

B: 8 oz skim milk, vanilla Protein powder mixed in. 1 cup of coffee with 1 tbs. half and half.

L: 2 boca burgers with about 5 oz. of Feta cheese (I totally went overboard on the feta cheese, I can't wait till it is gone and out of my house, I can't control myself with cheese and won't buy it anymore).

D: Small plate of white Beans mixed with some baked potato pieces and a couple of pieces of brocolli and vinegar, oil and seasoning. A tiny piece of fried breaded tilapia.

S: I made halloween Cookies with vanilla icing with my daughter and ate 1, then I had a piece of cake my Aunt baked, she made it with Fat Free cottage cheese and graham cracker crust (not too bad and delicious).

I feel like I ate so much more because I feel stuffed, I am wondering if there was anything I left out, but I do not think so. Must be the cookie and cake and all that cheese.

I definitely feel like I am back to my Surgery weight of 232 though. I can see my stomach popped back out a little. Isn't it amazing how fast it comes back on and how slow it is to come off. I can't wait for my fill on Monday. I am going to beg my dr. to be aggressive since I only get 1 fill paid for with my insurance and the rest I have to pay for at the price of around $600 each. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't drop $4,000 at the dentist last week and am looking at another $4,000 in the near future. I am broke!

Ok. I'm gonna fess up:

B: 2 poached eggs, 1/2 slice wheat toast, few bites of hash browns.

L: Mexican! 2 corn tortillas w/ melted cheese & green chilis, about 6 bites of meat & chicken from the fajitas w/ a couple of bites of onion and peppers on a corn tortilla, about 5 chips & salsa, approx. 1/2 c. quacamole and one margarita.

D: You're not gonna believe it... 1 large s'more, which included 2 graham crackers, 3 toasted marshmallows & a fairly good sized chunk of chocolate, all prepared around a family outdoor fire. Fun, but worth it? Probably not.

S: 1 f/f, low sugar fudgesicle.

If it weren't for lunch, I'd have been ok. Oops, except for the s'mores. I have a sneaking suspicion that I didn't get in all my Protein. I'm glad I wrote this down. It's making me realize what a really lousy day I had nutritionally. And that's not even taking the calories into account.

Learn a lesson from me, ya'll. Don't let this happen to you. I am going to get back on track tomorrow! That's a promise.:speechles

Crustless pizza comes from my Atkins days. I make it two ways.

Sometimes I make it on portobello mushroom caps. Scrape out the black stuff, baste with olive oil then bake at 375 for 10 min or so (softens it up) then I add crushed tomatoes seasoned with garlic and basil, bit of salt. Top with low fat cheese and whatever toppings I have around then bake for another 10 min at 425. I also make pizza with this recipe:

4 ounces cream cheese

3 eggs

1/3 cup cream

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon oregano

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

2 cups shredded italian cheese blend

1/2 cup pizza sauce

1 cup of mozzarella cheese

Beat together cream cheese and eggs until smooth.

Add cream, parmesan cheese, and spices. Blend well.

Sprinkle 2 cups italian cheeses into dish.

Pour egg mixture over it.

Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.

Let stand for 5 minutes.

Spread on pizza sauce.

Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.

Pile crust with your favorite toppings.

Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.

Return to oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown.

Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.

It is great - not quite like good ol' fashioned chicago deepdish but a nice alternative.

As far as protien shakes go sometimes I buy them (EAS Carb Control) and other times I make them with frozen fruit or Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup, skim milk, unflavored whey powder and splenda. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hey everyone, I don't know if I should post this here or not but I figured I would since we're all in the September boat together and some of you might be having a NSV for the first time yourselves.

I went over my DH's Mom's house and when I sat down in one of her Kitchen table chairs.....(you ready).....MY ARSE & THIGHS DID NOT TOUCH THE SIDES OF THE CHAIR!!!!!!!! :) I always practically get stuck, I mean I really had to wedge my corpulent cheeks in there, and now not even a rub!!!!!!!!!! :whoo::dance: :rockon:

Well everyone I went in for my 6wk checkup and have lost 20lbs. I think the walking 2miles a day has been a big help in the weight loss. It seems slow to me but the dr. is really pleased and the inches are showing now. I am cleaning out the closet since I have every size in there and making the next fit in piles and the give away piles. I too am having a problem with how much to eat and the dr. said you can stretch out the pouch so to be very limiting. I am going to meet with the nutientest hopefully next week. I just have to know when to say enough!! Brendab

:help: :help: :help: Could everyone post what they eat for the day... Maybe even for the next week. Just tell us what you ate that day. I am having a hard time not wanting to eat what I ate before.. I can't rely on the band... I need to change my eating habits... Isn't that right? I have been eating those sugar free instant oatmeal packages. It is about a cup when I add milk .. Actually I cook it in milk to a pretty creamy stage. Am I eating too much? at one time. When I get a fill (in two weeks) will it be impossible to eat a cup of food? :help: I am trying to do this but it sure is hard.. How do you get the attitude of I love my band???:) I want that attitude in stead of the one where i this and want to eat????? :hungry: Please answer I need some moral support badly..:help:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11788

It's called "What R We Eating"....lots and lots of posts showing different band levels eating habits...check it out!

But I'm in for this one. B: FF Peach Yogurt with 1/2 c. Grape Nuts

L: Turkey & low fat cheese on a low carb tortilla

Baby carrots & lite ranch dressing

D: 2 c. pinto Beans w/ham

and later I am having some FF, SF pudding.< /p>

I have been very bad and not walked all week-end. Bad me. Katt

Here's my day:

B:

Poached egg, 1/2 sl. 2% Am. cheese, 1 sl. Pepp Farm Thin bread

coffee w/ Sweet N Low & lite Creamora

L:

Schlotsky's small original sandwich, top half of bread removed

S: About 15 raw almonds

D:

Cobb salad

S: SF FF Yogurt

I was really hungry this afternoon, but just kept drinking my Water to tide me over until dinner. The Monday weigh-in tomorrow is helping keep me on track!

Tami

Hello Kiddos,

Been busy with Family all this weekend. I've been reading all the post and thanks to those that posted their weight loss. I feel for all of you and feel just like most of you when it comes to the amount of food I can eat. I just told my hubby that I had to cut back and eat the right amount of portions.

Next week is the fill and yes I too am ready.

Breakfast:2 egg whites with 1 pc of dry wheat toast and 1/2 tsp of picante

Lunch: tuna salad with low fat mayo and 6 crackers and 2oz of cheese

Dinner: what I want just very small portions. Things are gettin harder with no restriction.

Snack: cottage cheese and peaches or pears or maybe a slice of american cheese.

During the day I drink unsweet tea, Water and crystal light and black coffee (probally too much of it cause I LIKE IT!!)

I did lose my will and had a chol chip cookie I made, and then spit it out cause I felt guilt sneaking in.

I do understand each and everyone of you out there, but I do know the decission to have the surgery, was a very personal one, and for whatever reason each of you had for having the surgery, remember it was a good one. Keep the faith, and know you are not alone in this.

I believe in you, believe in yourself.

I'm here if you need me.