Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Well Well Well, Hello Kiddos!

I do hope you all had a great Holiday, and if you are were like me you ate crap you know you should'nt have, and some of the damn food just jumped in me belly! but what the Hey it was Thanksgiving!!!

Sorry I did'nt post on Monday, but I'm back now. You guys rock!!

Challenger’s Start weight and Weekly Loss<O:p</O:p

Lamamama219.5/-4/-3.5/-4/-2.5/-3/-3/+3

TamifromAL 243/-5/-3/-4/-2/-2/-4/-3

Sandranoelle302/-3/-3/-0/-6/-3/-3/-2

MimIN235/-2/-2/-3/-.5/-7/-5/-2

Mom of Many 226/-1/-1/-2/-6 /-1/-1/-1

Want2lose208/-1/-1/-1/+4/-4/-1/+2

Valgal1968 252/-0/+1/-0/-0/-0/-1/-0<O:p</O:p

BJean 192/-1/-1/-2/-1/-1/-1/+2

Gonnabethin194/-0/-0/-0/-0/-2/-2/+2

TruBlueSue190/-3/-2/-2.5/-.5/-2/-1

Diane5467 283/-2/-2/-0/-0/-2/3<O:p</O:p

R2ht4u 180/-2/-0/-3/+1/-1 I think I missed you last week

Tommygirl248/-3/+1/-2/-.4/-2/+2

Lifelongband310/-2/-0/-2/-5/-4<O:p</O:p

Lisalee238/-2 /-2/-.5/+.5/-5/-3/-0

Kareyquilts198/-2/-1/+1/-3.5/-0

Wantlapband190/-4.5/-3.5/-1<O:p</O:p

Cassandra258/+2/-2.2<O:p</O:p

Fraleyk176/-1/-0/-0<O:p</O:p

SLHarrison209/-.8/-2.2/-4/+1<O:p</O:p

msgoat4949 227/-1/-2/-2/-3

April 253/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-0

LindaN/-9.5/-1/-0

Tanya67/303/-5<O:p</O:p

sweet31eve233/-2/-3

Em125 217/-3/-1/-0/+1

Katt288/+3/-6/-1/-0

Lapoli 7370/-3/-0<O:p</O:p

Jgandg 266/-0/-0

Bettina/-3

You are all doing so well, don't get discourged, you will be everything you Dream!

So I need some encouragement.. today for the first time I wanted to say ...the hell with it.... I ate way too much and I guess it scares me. As you all know,,, we loose, we give up and we gain... It spirals down into completely no control.. so I need to stop it now... today... as a matter of fact I think I am going to get on the bike.... I know take a deep breath and continue.. thanks for letting me vent..

Here is a fun NSV for me. I got a call yesterday from a company I sent my resume to on Monday and have a job interview tomorrow! I have been out of work for 14 months and it's been 9 years since I was last on a job interview. I pulled out my old work suits and my DH fell over laughing. It looked like I was playing dress up in my dad's clothes. I did finally find a suit in my closet that fits, and the suit jacket is a size 12! I'm going out today to find a top for under the jacket and a necklace to jazz it up a bit. I just can't believe the size 12 jacket fit!!!

Wish me luck!

MLUNCEF: It's frustrating to know what to do with fills. You have lost 3.57 pounds a week which is pretty good. I would go by your hunger level and how hard it is to stay on the program. If you are constantly struggling to eat a small amount of food than I would get another fill. This is a slow process. I was just at my doc's yesterday and got my 2nd fill of .5 cc. I told him how hungry I had been and how I was quickly using up all my self control. He told me that it shouldn't be that hard and if this fill doesn't help, to come back in 2 weeks for another one. He's not going to make me wait or wait until my weight goes up. That was very reassuring, finally I'm going to get some support. Good luck! Keep us posted.

So I need some encouragement.. today for the first time I wanted to say ...the hell with it.... I ate way too much and I guess it scares me. As you all know,,, we loose, we give up and we gain... It spirals down into completely no control.. so I need to stop it now... today... as a matter of fact I think I am going to get on the bike.... I know take a deep breath and continue.. thanks for letting me vent..

Trust me when I say "We all get discourged from time to time. We just can't let it get the best of us as we did in the past. As my husband says on a regular basis, "you are beautiful just the way you are, and I'm on your side no matter what", That goes for me and everyone here, I believe in you and know you will do amazing things! Our lives changed the min we decided to have the surgery, and progress and change is never easy. Keep your chin up, I believe!

Had fill #3 today. I think I finally have some restriction. Yay!!!!! Also discovered I have really lost 4 lbs in the past 3 weeks. I thought I had remained the same. Wow. Katt

I am going for my second fill on Monday. I had good restriction for about a week and that was it. As of today, I can eat as much as I did before being banded and that is frightening, considering I have 5.5cc's in my band. I thought I would get away with having found my sweet spot on the first fill since it was an aggressive one. Ha! Not! I don't understand why we have restriction and then, poof, it's gone. But, indeed, gone it is. I suck too, I have no willpower, none and I'm not excercising. I also have not been on the scale so I have no clue how much I weigh now. On a good note, my jeans that I couldn't squeeze into before surgery fit me once again. I am going to tell the dr. to fill me tight. I don't care if I can only eat 3 bites of food at a sitting, I want this weight off of me! and now!

Itsgottago: I feel exactly the same way!! I was supposed to go for my 3rd fill today and got snowed in. Now I have to wait until next Tuesday. Since right before Thanksgiving I feel like I've spiraled back into some of the old bad habits. It's frustrating.

The doc said this is only a tool - I understand that, but right now the tool isn't working! I'm getting no help whatsoever. I would rather be almost to the point that I can hardly swallow my own spit than go back the way I was.

Something seems to have been happening to many of us at right about the same time. I don't know if it has something to do with the psychology of Thanksgiving, or if it is normal for us to have a couple of fills and then lose all of our restriction. I wonder, but whatever the reason, I want my tool to be there for me again!

I hear ya BJ! One of the reasons I am not excerising, which I know will help, is because I have fibromyalgia. I think I will be in less pain once alot of this weight comes off, which will make it easier for me to excersie. Right now, everything in my body hurts, especially my feet. It really really sucks, but what can ya' do, right? Does anyone know how they can tell how many cc's are left in your band when you go for another fill? Do they unfill it and then fill it up again? How do they know if the liquid dissipitated or leaked out? I think I am going to ask him to put me up to 8cc's. I just told my Mother tonight I can eat as much as I could before being banded. While she has been very supportive, some things she says just annoy me. She really doesn't get it. She says "well, you're not, are you? You need to have some kind of restraint." No shit sherlock! Gee if I had some restraint I wouldn't have let myself get so fat now would I have, and I certainly wouldn't have had my stomach cut open and had a belt put around it". She say, I know, but... But but but! Meanwhile, this coming from a woman who has no restraint herself. While I love her dearly and I know she just wants to see me lose the weight, she really has no right to tell me about it. It's just so damn annoying.

I feel your pain... I have horribly arthritic knees. I can hardly walk and to exercise putting any weight on them is impossible. I too am hoping that weight loss will allow me more mobility and at least allow me some to build up some muscles again in my thighs and calves.

My initial fill was 1.5 ccs and the 2nd fill he added .3 ccs. I have no idea what he will put in next time, but I haven't heard anything about checking to see how much is actually still in the band. I have wondered about it, especially since around a week ago every time I ate anything my port hurt and bulged out. Have you had that problem?

My port has been bulging out actually ever since my last fill, BUT, I came down with bronchitis the day after my fill and was coughing my brains out for 3 weeks, so I think that has something to do with it. Also, I feel my port more if I overeat. But it doesn't hurt.

In reading your posts, I have also seen a pattern. I had my first fill and had a some restriction and lost 5 pounds the first week, the 2nd I gained it all back and the third I was right back in again. I have 4.5 cc's in my VG band. I have the restriction I want now. I won't ever get a fill on a holiday weekend again, though. I thought I was going to have to call for an emergency unfill. I was PBing everything I ate, no matter how small. By the time Monday came I was perfect. I can eat can of tuna and 3 bites of veggies and I am so full. I know I have to get that Protein in there, so I try and finish the can and stop eating veggies. I am just over a week out and have lost 4 pounds already. I am so happy. For the first time in many years I am under 300 pounds. 297!!!! It all works out in the end as long as we stay on top of it.

Well I didn't have bronchitis, but did have laryngitis for 7 days and nasal congestion. I guess I did do quite a bit of coughing too. I can also feel it when I overeat, which is easy for me to do right now with no restriction. When I do that, it is very uncomfortable and I even have to keep some pressure on my port for awhile.

Lifelongband: Congratulations! Sounds like you've found your sweet spot. That's great!

Good morning everyone. Just checking in, I am supposed to go for a second fill this morning but we have a little bit of snow and ice so they may cancel. I hope not I am soooooo ready for more restriction then I have. :hungry: I am always ready to eat.

Hope everyone is staying warm. I'll let you know what happens.

BJean: When my doc does a fill, he takes out all the Fluid in the band and measures it and then puts it back with the added amount of the fill. I'm sure that this is standard procedure. When I went in for my 2nd fill, my doc said that it was no wonder that I was hungry because some of the fluid had leaked out of my band. (I'm not sure how). Anyway, I'm not feeling a lot of difference with the 2nd fill, but maybe a little difference. I think that we all get discouraged. It would be easy to fall back into old habits, but we just have to keeping working at it!