Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I'm down 4 for the week! That takes me to -20 for the challenge, and I'm -50 since surgery! :) :) I like those nice round numbers! (Not that I want to stay here or anything. :D )

Tami

Please, please, pretty please, share what you are doing all day every day to lose that much weight so fast. I was banded on the 8th and I have only lost 15. Please give me some ideas that helped you lose that much. Thanks in advance.

Please, please, pretty please, share what you are doing all day every day to lose that much weight so fast. I was banded on the 8th and I have only lost 15. Please give me some ideas that helped you lose that much. Thanks in advance.

My results certainly aren't typical, and to be honest, I don't know that I'm doing anything different than what other bandsters are doing.

I eat three meals a day, plus one or two Snacks.

Breakfast is almost always 3/4 c. or so of steel-cut oatmeal with raisins, chopped apple, chopped pecans, flax oil, and brown-sugar Splenda blend.

lunch is often 1-1/2 c. homemade low-fat turkey chili. Yesterday's lunch was a 1/2 Peanut Butter and banana sandwich (slice of Pepperidge Farm thin whole wheat bread with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter and a half banana) plus 1/2 c. brown Beans with turkey keilbasa chunks. Today I had about 1/3 of a grilled chicken stuffed burrito from Taco Bell.

dinner is usually 3 oz or so of chicken or fish, sometimes beef, and a 1/2 c. vegetable. Last night I had ceasar salad (about 1 c.) and shrimp (oh, and two glasses of white wine :omg: ). Tonight I'm having smothered chicken (grilled chicken topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms) and broccoli.

For Snacks, I have a small handfull of nuts, a slice of avocado, yogurt, sf ff pudding, fruit, or turkey Jerky. But, before I have a snack, I drink Water. If I'm still hungry, then I'll have a snack.

I just joined a club last week, so I'm now starting to exercise. That could actually slow the weight loss down because I'm doing some strength training, and of course, muscle weighs more than fat! That's OK, I'll take it!

I doubt this helped much. 'Cause to be honest, it doesn't even make sense to me that I'm losing as fast as I have. Maybe my hormones are just synched right, or something! Whatever it is, I'm thrilled, and I love my band! :)

Tami

Thanks TamifromAl, I guess you are eating healthier than I am. I will try harder and work at it more seriously. Thanks for your help and great job at lost weight. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Thanks TamifromAl, I guess you are eating healthier than I am. I will try harder and work at it more seriously. Thanks for your help and great job at lost weight. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Thanks, Valerie :) ! If you're interested in a good book that can give you lots of tips on healthy eating, I strongly recommend Dr. Mehmet Oz's book "You on a Diet". I haven't finished it yet, but it really makes sense to me. It's not really a "diet" per se, but about eating healthier by limiting sugar and corn Syrup, saturated and trans fats, and white flour. It's very compatible with bandster eating.

I hope everyone has a wonderful turkey day! :hungry:

Tami

Hi MOM,

Lost another # for this week. I just can't seem to loose more than one # a week:doh: Oh well, Every # counts!:)

Onederland, Onederland, sweet sweet Onederland. Okay so just barely Onederland but hey it's been a looooonnngggg time. Weighing in today for Christmas challenge at 199 :clap2: down another 3 lbs. yipee

Mom: Down l lb.

I'm like someone else who posted that they only seem to be losing 1 lb. a week. Slow going. I'm still on a Quest to find my "sweet spot" where I fall in love with my band.

;) congatulations everyone... It is great to be part of a group of people who support each other, We are all so different in our weight loss... It warms my heart to see the way everyone helps.

I have to tell you what happened to me tonight.... My son called (he is married and lives in southern calif) He said they decided to go to Mexico over thanksgiving. They couldn't afford to come home.. They were at the border having to wait to get into mexico. I told him to be careful while there and he said don't worry Mom I took my gun. :angry He knows how I feel about guns and taking them anywhere in the car... Well about a half hour later he calls and says is dad home yet.. I have something to ask you.. so he proceeds to tell me that they searched the car at the border and found the gun and he was being taken to jail... could we come and bail him out... :help: well, I calmly told him I didn't have the time and gave the phone to his dad.. They were talking and I was blowing steam when he and his wife rushed in the house and said surprise...:P . KIDS I am so glad to see them but really you wonder at what age they quit teasing the mother. (no he doesn't have a gun with him) stinker !!!! I Love my kids.

Tami, I was wondering if you would share your low fat turkey receipe .. sounds good. Also how do you cook chicken smothered? I need a break from the same old food.. Can you beleive it I made stew on Thursday, we also had it Friday, Sat, Sun... stop enough I froze the rest. I need to realize that I don't have 6 kids (4 huge boys) at home. old habits die hard cooking or eating.. anyone else have something yummy they want to share.

Mom- Lost 3 pounds this week...Thanks again for doing this...:high5:

Why can't I do this. I changed my signature to match my new weight loss but no it didn't work. Just like last week.. oh well...

sandranoelle: That was such an enjoyable read!! We used to live near the Mexican border and we learned so much about what can happen in Mexico that I won't even go there anymore. I would have been petrified if I had received a phone call like that from my son!

Why do boys have so much fun messing with their Mom's heads? Doncha just love 'em!!

I'll bet your house is wonderful when they're all home for the holidays.

I have the same problem with making Soup or stew (which we love). My DH accuses me of making enough for 25 people. I never recovered from the quantities that my family had to make to satisfy all six of us at the dinner table. I freeze it, it gathers a deep layer of ice and then I throw it out. Mom always told us about the starving children in China, but I still mess up the quantity of those 2 dishes.

sandranoelle: I agree that was a good story and a wonderful surprise. No matter how old the kids they still try to trick ya now and then. I'm glad they do. :clap2:

sandranoelle: I agree that was a good story and a wonderful surprise. No matter how old the kids they still try to trick ya now and then. I'm glad they do.