Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving - I tried to be good, really I did...I ate a slice of ham, about 1/4 cup of greenbean casserole...but then ate a peice (in shifts - a couple bites here, a couple there) of pumpkin pie with coolwhip, and about two bites of cherry and apple....nothing got stuck, but I guesstimate I ate about 1500 cals!! (as opposed to my usual 8-900 a day) Thank God for this band - everyone else was lolling around groaning about how full they felt, etc., and I felt pretty good - no overstuffed feeling for me! LOL The overstuffed feeling is for this morning -I ate a peice of my mom's homemade bread toasted with butter, and now feel overstuffed and uncomfortable. Wish I could PB it right back up. Amazing tool, this band of ours.

Hope you all had a wonderful, family and friend filled holiday.

Okay,:faint: I totally suck. I ate 3 pieces of pumpkin pie today. Hellllooo- no will power when it comes to pie I guess! Not looking forward to Monday's weigh in!!!

I JUST CANNOT STAND EVERYONE WATCHING WHAT AND HOW MUCH I EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yell: SO HERE IS A BIG FU TO ALL OF THEM!:girl_hug: There I feel much better now.:angry

It'sGottaGo, I know what you mean. My mom has a habit of looking at what I put on my plate and making comments like, "Can you eat all of that?", when it's a salad-size plate with a moderate amount of food on it! But, I really try not to get angry. I know she genuinely cares about my success, and in fact helped pay for my surgery! So, I just laugh and say, "I don't know, but I'm gonna try!"

Tami

Well, ladies. Like I said the other day.....I had my 2nd fill on Wednesday. I have PB'd and slimed a lot of things. I did fine on the turkey the first time around, but the second was not such a great achievment because I didn't have any gravy on it. I should know not to eat meat that isn't prepared by me. I know if I cook it, it will not get over cooked. I have figured out that I can hold down the PB if I try really hard and concentrate. I can't stand vomiting, even if it isn't an actual vomit.

I am going to try and stick with my 3 oz can of tuna and peas today. I found the most wonderful thing, they are little cups of veggies, just like the fruit cups. I bought several of each, except for the corn. I am not chancing that.

Hi September (2006!) bandsters! I'm really struggling these days. I don't know if I maybe irritated my stoma somehow or maybe I'm getting a cold, but for some reason all of a sudden I have uncomfortable restriction. It started on Thanksgiving. I ate a couple of bites and got that uncomfortable pressure (or golfball) feeling. I waited a few minutes for it to pass before I tried to continue eating (slowly!). I only got down a few bites before giving up. And it's been that way ever since. I don't understand it. I haven't PB'd, and it's weird to have severe restriction pop in at this point, 5 weeks after a fill. Plus, it was a light fill (1 cc in a 4 cc band) at that! I've tried drinking something warm before eating, and chewing to goo, but even with that it's just uncomfortable to eat.

I'm going back to liquids for a couple of days to see if it settles down. Luckily, I have an appointment with my surgeon's office on Tuesday, so I can ask them about it if I'm still having trouble.

Tami

I would also love the turkey chili recipe and the smothered chicken. We just got back from Thanksgiving in Mazatlan. We had a great time with 3 of my 5 children and my Mom and Mother-in-law. I was glad not to have to cook and make all the traditional Thanksgiving food. I usually cook for about 40 and I just wasn't up for it. I weighed the minute I got back and I gained 4 pounds! I am hoping that some of that is Water retention. I was really trying to be good, but I know that I ate too much. I think I could easily gain all my weight back if I let myself. I just like eating too much. I feel depressed, but I'm trying not too. I don't feel any restriction and my will power is not as strong as it first was (after being banded). I am back to weighing and measuring and drinking extra fluids to try and flush some of the weight off. I still don't feel any restriction and my appetite is up. I'm going in to get a fill on Tuesday. I sure hope that it works and that my band starts helping me a little. I just wanted to let off a little steam. Hopefully, things will be better soon.

Welcome home, Karey! Mazatlan...how exotic! I'm going to Cancun for spring break, and can't wait. I'll be a LOT smaller than the last time we went on vacation.

I posted the recipes a couple of days ago...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=333977#post333977

Hope you enjoy them.

Don't sweat the gain. It's probably at least partially Water weight gain.

Air travel can make you retain water. My hubby travels a lot for business, and drops a couple of pounds the day after he gets home. And even if you do gain a bit, hey, it's Thanksgiving. As Dr. Oz says, at the next available opportunity, make a U-turn and get back on the right path!

Tami

Ratgirl: I don't feel any restriciton either. It sounds like you are super stressed right now and probably shouldn't be concentrating on weight loss. Be kind to yourself and just try and make HEALTHY choices. It took a lot to get the band, just don't injure it or yourself with too much food. What you need is a positive way to make yourself feel better and food is not that way. It's only a temporary fix. Use this forum if you need to vent. We're all friends and you're anonymous, so say whatever you need too. I wish you the best!

Gloom and doom. I'm up 2 lbs.

I seriously lost it over the weekend. But I'm back on track today and cleaning out all of the things in my house that shouldn't be here to tempt me. I'm going to do a grocery run and restock all the good stuff. If the low-fat, lo-cal food is here I will eat it instead of falling back into old habits and running out for fast food.

Tami or was it TrueBlue, who is doing so well and exercising 3 hours a day? Anyway I totally admire you and you continue to be an inspiration to me. I have bum knees so I can't do what you can, but I can do the exercises that I am able to and they help a lot. Just gotta keep that conviction to do them on a more regular basis!

Checking in for weigh in. No weight loss this week, 0 pounds. I was a little disappointed but then realized that I made it through Thanksgiving without gaining. It helps to have the holiday meal somewhere else then leave the leftovers there! Also, I got caught up Christmas shopping and working odd hours that left out my exercise routine. Gotta get back on track!

Just wanted to check in for Monday weigh in. Luckily, I already lost the 4 pounds I gained in Mexico. I guess it was Water weight. ;) That being said, I didn't lose any weight either. So for the Christmas goal, it's a zero. ;) Tami, I hope you're feeling better. It is weird to get restriction so late. Late us know what happens. Happy Monday everyone!

Not to bad for a holiday weekend, down 2lbs this week...