Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I just had my second fill Tues. I have only been back to eating regular foods for a few days. I keep waiting to feel full. I haven't yet. BUT, tonight while eating some chicken, I guess I had my first experience with PBing. I felt like a golf ball was caught in my chest.:angry It was extemely painful. I drank a little Water and burped a lot. If I could have, I would have thrown up. I understand that chicken can be difficult, though in the 10 weeks of band life I hadn't experienced it. I guess the fill has given me some restriciton that I wasn't aware of. My question is, does this mean I shouldn't get another fill for a while? I keep looking for some kind of feeling of fulness when I eat. Instead, I quit after about 3/4 cup of food. I'm trying to follow my doctors instructions. I would really like to experience a feeling of being satisfied when I eat. Is the feeling of fulness different and I'm just not reading the signals? I certainly don't want to PB again. All advice would be appreciated.:phanvan

Yea Good Report this morning!! Lost 2 lbs this week.. I'm at 201 now and can actually see onderland over that hill!!! Good luck to all this week!!

My weight loss suddenly came to a screeching halt, and then went into reverse! I'm up a pound this morning. :D :mmph: :Cry:

Oh, well, I'll hope for a better week ahead!

Karey, I can't answer your question, because I don't understand what's good restriction either. But, I saved a link to a site with some information that might help you:

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

Hope everyone has a great week!

Tami

I didn't do a darn thing this week, stayed the same.

I just came back from having my second fill done. My port kept flipping everytime the intern tried to put the needle in. I knew if flipped that day a number of weeks ago when I layed down on my stomach, I felt it. Right now it doesn't feel like it's bugling any more so I guess it's back to regular position. Oh well. Anway, my surgeon came in and did the fill. I told him I need to be put up to 8 cc's, as I don't eat meat, chicken sometimes, but mostly soft foods for Protein like soy burgers, bean, tofu, etc. and we all know how those things go right through. He so wonderful my surgeon, I just adore him. So he has me at just under 8 cc's, whatever number that is, I'm not sure. I'll say somewhere around 7.7 cc's. We'll see how this goes. He said if I feel too loose or too tight to come back next Monday and he will adjust me again for no fee, he can include an adjustment within a week for the same fee. Finally, weighed myself this morning. It's been about a month. I had lost 7 lbs the first week after my fill, but I gained 3 or 4 of those back. According to my scale I gained 4, dr.'s scale says 3, which is strange because on my scale I am butt naked first thing in the a.m. and on dr.'s scale I have clothes on. Whatever, a 1lb here or there isn't much in the big scheme of things. Dr. says he wants 10lb loss this month, I said I'm shooting for 20lbs!

-2 thats the two from thanksgiving. now back on the road to thin!!

I keep looking for some kind of feeling of fulness when I eat. Instead, I quit after about 3/4 cup of food. I'm trying to follow my doctors instructions. I would really like to experience a feeling of being satisfied when I eat. Is the feeling of fulness different and I'm just not reading the signals?

I dont have the "Full sensation" either. ITs either full hunger OR nothing. I have noticed I get the hiccups and I use that as my signal to stop.

I know that doesnt help much.... Thats all Ive got hopefully others will be more help

Tami: Thanks for link. It helps a little. I guess I will just go with flow until I'm feeling too hungry or out of control or gaining weight!

Reporting a loss of 3 pounds last week. Yeah!

Hi everyone-

It is so amazing to read all the posts and see that we all are really in the same place. I was banded on 9/15 and had my second fill today (now a total of 8.5ccs). I am feeling chest tightness today but so far Water and crackers have been fine. The surgeon wanted to make it tighter but i had him take some out. I work at the hospital where i was banded so my surgeon is always pushing me to do more on the basis i can get an unfill quickly...i still stay conservative because who wants to go through that? For the last few weeks i have been battling the same 3-4 pounds. I lose them and gain them back. Before today i was feeling very little restriction. I did feel after my first fill that i had good restriction for about a few weeks and then within a month, i can eat whatever. I hope the second fill helps me. I would love to lose another 10 pounds before NYE!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories!

Melissa

I too went for a fill 2 weeks ago and was told I only had .5cc left from 1.5cc. That might explain why I didn't lose any during those 5 weeks.

Two weeks ago the doc put 1.5cc in and tomorrow I go to see how much

is left. I have definitely felt the restriction the whole two weeks. Have

had more PBing than ever before. Find the first 2 bites really don't go down well and end up PBing. Then I am able to eat. Sounds crazy.

Overall I am down 33 pounds since beginning and down 3 sizes.

I am down 2 - the two that I gained over Thanksgiving, I guess. At least I am not still gaining!

I think I had enjoyed the lack of hunger and restriction from the swelling after surgery and I am waiting to feel that way again. Maybe it never will be that easy again. But I've heard about the "sweet spot" and I'm looking for it tomorrow.

My doc doesn't use a flouro and as far as I know doesn't remove your previous fill(s) to see how much you actually have in there. So I'm trusting that the stuff isn't leaking although I'm sure wondering...

Bjean, Hope you find the sweet spot tomorrow. My dr. doesn't remove the Fluid that is in there either, but he does do it under fluro. I asked him to today just to see if any had disappeared and he said (I think this is what he said, he speaks with a heavy accent) that he doesn't go backwards, only forward ::shrug:::guess

Itsgotta go: Well that's what I thought! Where can it go? Unless you have sprung a leak or something, it has nowhere to go. I think there's a better chance that the loss of lbs or swelling could be the reason for no restriction. Otherwise, it's gotta be a scary proposition.

Thanks for your input!