Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Hey kiddos,

Giving everyone till tomorrow to post weight loss. Remember just lbs lost not weight total. The story about mexico was great and sounds like my house everyday. Unfortuatly the stories are often true in my house! LOL Krazy Kids! I will post tomorrow with all the results for the challenge this past week.

I'll have all of you in my thoughts for Thanksgiving, and will be wishing you all the success you deserve!

Sorry guys I have been horrible about checking in these past few weeks... I'm down 4lbs since the last time I checked in..

I had been at a stand still a few weeks ago and got another fill last week.. OMG!! started with 2.25 in my 4cc band on first fill.. He put in another .5 with fluro and the barrium went down okay.. On the way home I took about 2 sips of warm water.. That is when the pain started.. By the time I pulled into my driveway I couldnt even swallow my own spit and the pain was so bad I was crying.. Called the Dr's office and my husband had to drive me right back for and unfill of .25 ... I am still trying to talk myself into waiting another week to see if I need more of an unfill.. This past week has been pure hell!!! I can only drink hot tea in the morning and maybe maybe by 3pm I can have a few bites of soup.. as for supper I'm finally able to eat a little something.. I'm just frustrated and tired of haveing that golf ball pain everyday.. The dr said I'm just sensitive and to give it another week.. but YIKES!!! On the positive side I love the weight loss!! Just wanted to share my frustrations.. Thanks for letting me vent!!

Hope everyone has a wonderfull Turkey Day!! I am hoping I can at least taste something...

SLHarrison: OMG I really feel for you! I know that pain but haven't had it for such an extended period of time. I hope it all smooths out for you real soon.

I hope it makes you feel better to know how very frustrated I am right now. I honestly wish I had the kind of restriction that you're experiencing. I don't envy the pain, but I do want so very badly to have the kind of incentive not to eat that you do. Right now the "tool" is not doing anything at all for me. It's as if I never had the band put in. And here comes Thanksgiving...

I hope you can somehow enjoy Thanksgiving. And thank your lucky stars that you have no doubt that you will get through it without putting on a bunch of pounds. Hang in there, darlin'!

SLHarrison: OMG I really feel for you! I know that pain

DITTO!!! Im so sorry you are in pain-

BJ: I dont have any restriction either!!

I guess we are all just a fraction of a cc away from that miserable potential!!

Good Luck to all with Thanksgiving!!

Lamamama, congrats on reaching onederland! :P And good grief, girl, how are you doing it? If we go by percentage of body weight like they do on The Biggest Loser, you are way ahead of the rest of us! Didn't you skip your second fill? Obviously, you're losing well, but are you getting hungry? I have some days where I feel pretty comfortable, no real hunger to speak of, then other days where I'm starving.

Sandranoelle, I love your son! I grew up with a wacky family who always pulled those kinds of pranks. Gotta luv 'em! You asked for a couple of recipes, and I'll post them separately.

TrueBlueSue, you wondered whether you might not be eating enough. I gotta admit that it seems like I eat a lot to be losing like I have. I eat about 1,000-1,200 calories a day (at least on the days that I actually total it up!) I sorta want to be conservative about fills, because I think it can actually be detrimental to have too much. Not just because of painful restriction like SLHarrison is having :phanvan (so sorry!), but because it sometimes limits the ability to eat Breakfast, and some healthy foods.

Hope everyone has a great week. Group hug ;)

And don't forget to drink your Water. :spit:

Tami

Turkey Chili

2 lb. ground turkey, well-browned and drained

1 lb. ground beef, lean, well-browned and drained

3 onions, chopped<O:p</O:p

3 bell peppers, chopped<O:p</O:p

4 cloves garlic, minced

Olive oil<O:p</O:p

2 cans Rotel<O:p</O:p

4 cans diced tomatoes<O:p</O:p

1 T salt<O:p</O:p

5 T. chili powder

1 can beef broth, low-fat

3 cans kidney Beans, drained<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

In a non-stick skillet, brown turkey & beef well and drain. Remove to paper toweling to drain further. In same pan, sauté onions, peppers, and garlic (use a couple tsp of olive oil if needed). Put beef and sautéed vegetables in stock pot with Rotel, canned tomatoes, salt, beef broth, and chili powder. Simmer at least 1 hr. (I usually simmer 2-3 hrs.) Add drained beans and simmer 5”.<O:p</O:p

Note: You can use all turkey if you want, but a little beef gives a nice flavor. Also, if I have my cuisinart out from dicing the veggies, I put the cooked turkey in it and dice it up before adding it to the veggies. It just seems more appetising to me than having big chunks of turkey.

Smothered Chicken

Pound chicken fillets to 1/2" or so. Season with garlic and salt. Saute in a non-stick skillet until done (no longer pink in center). Set cooked chicken aside. Saute mushrooms and onions separately (onions should be soft), season with a little salt and pepper, and set aside. Mix a can of low-fat mushroom Soup with a tsp. or two browning liquid (Kitchen Bouquet), a splash of dry sherry or white wine, a splash or two beef boullion or broth, and a sprinkle of garlic. You want a nice gravy consistency. Put the cooked chicken breasts back in the skillet, mound each with the onions & mushrooms, and pour the gravy mixture over all. Cover and simmer on low heat for 15" or so. Yummy.

Bon appetit! :hungry:

Tami

Tami, thanks for the recipes. A dietician told me to rinse the hamburger in a colander under hot Water for a minute or so to get all of the grease out. Doesn't seem to affect the hamburger at all.

MOM, sorry I'm late...worked a rare night shift last night so things got a little screwed up. Down 3 pounds this week as of yesterday. Ten more to go and I'm in Onederland. Hopefully by Christmas?

Tami, I'm averaging 7-900 cals a day...guess I need t o graze a little...I go to the gym every day - 3 days for an hour of cardio and 2 of weight/resistance...

I guess the biggest thing I'm doing is watching my carbs. I avoid bread, potatoes, Pasta, sweets, also no alcohol. I also make sure to drink all my Water everyday. I make sure to get in about 1200 calories per day and always eat Proteins first. Also I'm more active. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I've only had one fill-1 cc. I'm really excited about my weight loss, but am nervous about the holidays--I LOVE SWEETS!!! You are doing so well also, it's not easy but it's worth it. I know I wouldn't be able to do it without the band and all the support here. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Well we made it to 100 pages on the forum! Either we have lost of information to share or we just like to talk alot. Here's the latest for the Challenge.

I do hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday, I'll see ya'll next week!

Remember smaller plate = smaller portions

Challenger’s

Lamamama219.5/-4/-3.5/-4/-2.5/-3/-3

TamifromAL 243/-5/-3/-4/-2/-2/-4

Sandranoelle302/-3/-3/-0/-6/-3/-3

MimIN235/-2/-2/-3/-.5/-7/-5

Mom of Many 226/-1/-1/-2/-6/-1/-1

Want2lose208/-1/-1/-1/+4/-4/-1

Valgal1968 252/-0/+1/-0/-0/-0/-1<O:p</O:p

BJean 192/-1/-1/-2/-1/-1/-1

Gonnabethin194/-0/-0/-0/-0/-2/-2

TruBlueSue190/-3/-2/-2.5/-.5/-2

Diane5467 283/-2/-2/-0/-0/-2/3<O:p</O:p

R2ht4u 180/-2/-0/-3/+1/-1 Think I missed you sorry Whats the loss?

Tommygirl248/-3/+1/-2/-.4/-2/+2

Lifelongband310/-2/-0/-2/-5<O:p</O:p

Lisalee238/-2 /-2/-.5/+.5/-5/-3

Kareyquilts198/-2/-1/+1/-3.5

Wantlapband190/-4.5/-3.5/-1<O:p</O:p

Cassandra258/+2/-2.2<O:p</O:p

Fraleyk176/-1/-0/-0<O:p</O:p

SLHarrison209/-.8/-2.2/-4<O:p</O:p

msgoat4949 227/-1/-2/-2/-3

April 253/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1

LindaN/-9.5/-1/-0

Tanya67/303/-5<O:p</O:p

sweet31eve233/-2/-3

Em125 217/-3/-1/-0/+1

Katt288/+3/-6/-1

Lapoli 7370/-3/-0<O:p</O:p

Jgandg 266/-0/-0

Bettina/-3<O:p</O:p

Hey kiddos,

Giving everyone till tomorrow to post weight loss. Remember just lbs lost not weight total. The story about mexico was great and sounds like my house everyday. Unfortuatly the stories are often true in my house! LOL Krazy Kids! I will post tomorrow with all the results for the challenge this past week.

I'll have all of you in my thoughts for Thanksgiving, and will be wishing you all the success you deserve!

Haven't been able to check in in a while. I still at 301. After my first fill I lost 5 the first week, gained 3 the next and minus 3 this week. It is frustrating.

I had a 2nd fill today. I am not feeling well. I am nauseus. I have not vomited, but I am nauseus. I don't know if this is normal and of course this doesn't start until after the office is closed for the night and for the next 4 days. I am going to wait and see how I am tomorrow and if I am not better by friday I will call the office.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody.

Erin

I was banded on Sept 29, got my first fill 3-4 weeks ago and haven't lost any weight. Every now and again I get something stuck, but for the most part can eat everything. I'm going through a divorce now, and moved out of my home on Nov 2. I have NO urge to eat well or in proper portion sizes. I go in for my second fill tomorrow. It sounds sad to say, but I hope my second fill does not allow me to eat any solids - I only want to be able to get liquids/mushy food down. Anyone else like this?

Well, I had a good Thanksgiving, but PB'd on the turkey. I ate leg meat and must have taken a bigger bite than I thought. I am still feeling a bit of pain, but other than that ok.

I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving!!

Erin

I had two bites of turkey breast and a little mashed sweet potato and it all got stuck. The turkey even had gravy on it. I'm sure I just didn't chew it enough. I slimed and made myself PB a little because I cannot take that stuck feeling, it just hurts to much. The PB itself doen't hurt, it's the stuck feeling that bothers me more. Anyway, I was able to eat the rest of my piece of turkey and some stuffingl later in the day and it went down fine and of course so did the sweets :). Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.