Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Saw my doc yesterday and he wants me to continue full liquids until 2 weeks post- op (next Tuesday). I'm having a really hard time getting the 80gram Protein goal. He did say I could have cottage cheese but it has to be runny (yuck). I did have 1/2 cup mixed with some Tomato bisque and got it down so 11 grams there. Icahn hardly face the Protein Drinks. On another note I was cleared to drive so went to chiropractor and then Pier 1 and Chicos :). Too tired for planned pedicure so came home and took nap after my big day out. Hope you all are doing well. Better days are coming.

This is the second morning in a row that I woken with n/v. Although it's not persistent, I put a call into the doctor's office. I leave for first assistant training 4 hours away tomorrow, and I don't want any surprises.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling bad. And you have a really important and exciting time coming up for your training. You'll need to be alert so it makes it hard to take the antiemetics. Wonder if you took one at night when going to bed it would help in am? Also are you taking Pepcid or something similar to manage stomach acid? Just some ideas to consider. Hope you find relief and good luck with your training!

Today is my 1 week post-op. I go to the Dr's tomorrow to see how I'm progressing and see if i lost any weight. I'm so looking forward to eating mushy foods, tired of clear liquids..LOL

I'm an August sleever. The 23rd by Dr. Kelly in Mexico. You can keep me informed of what to expect since you're first! 100lbs would be fantastic. 120 to 130 would be a dream come true!

I am expecting to get my sleeve in October how was the pain after surgery for u

Finished my first week of clear fluids post op. One more week, then 2 weeks of full fluids.

I am expecting to get my sleeve in October how was the pain after surgery for u

The first 3-4 days are the roughest. As my surgeon says, you are stabbed multiple times! The gas pain in the left side wasn't too bad except for when I used the incentive spirometer. In recovery, the pain went all the way into my left eye socket. But that diminished after a day or two. I'm almost four weeks out and the only remaining pain is burning/pulling pain in my left side when I move. This is due to the stitches placed in the stomach muscles. Once they dissolve, the pain should go away. Should be in about 4-6 weeks.

Good luck with your surgery. I know some people do have complications, but for me it's been a breeze. I hope you have the same experience. Sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk.

Just got back from my first post-op Doctor visit and all is going well, I'm down 11lbs from 240 in a week yay me... He started me on mushy foods today for 3weeks.

Congrats Kimmyiet! Lucky you to get mushy foods! I have to keep with the full liquids til Tuesday, end of my second week. Been challenging to get enough Protein and calories. But I just made a drink with Pro Complex, banana, 1 tablespoon smooth Peanut Butter and milk and have 39 grams of protein. I have to dress up those protein drinks to get 'em down!

I too got to start puree/soft foods yesterday. 2 weeks out and feeling great!! My mind is rearing to go, but my body is like ssssslllllooooowwww down.!!! LOL I am enjoying cottage cheese, refried Beans, mashed potatoes with cheese, tapioca pudding, anything that can go down easy. I can't even get 1/2 cup of much down though before my chest begins to hurt. I have lost almost 30 pounds since I began this journey... I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!! Good luck to everyone!!! This journey is exciting!!

A little TMI but I just want to see if anyone else is having this problem too...

Every time I drink my Protein, whether it's 30g like I am supposed to or a few sips I feel so sick for about an hour. My stomach is rumbling like crazy and I get bad gas pains and until I finally have diarrhea I am just miserable! In addition the stuff tastes terrible and I have a hard time not throwing it up when I drink it.

My main concern is that the entire time the Protein Drink is in my body I feel terrible. I have eaten a few scrambled eggs (usually can only have half of one for a meal) and I feel just fine so I know it's the protein drinks.... They are the same ones I had for liquid diet before surgery and I was fine then.

Thanks for any input!

Congrats Kimmyiet' date=', when was you surgery date?? Mushy foods sound so good right now[/quote']

Thanks socal13... My surgery was on Aug 30th and i was pretty surprised myself for the short stay on Clear Liquids, but he does have me on mushy foods for 3 weeks and today he told me very firmly that i am not eat solid foods. I gave him my word, heck i can only eat a couple of bites of mushy foods and then I'm full...

A little TMI but I just want to see if anyone else is having this problem too...

Every time I drink my protein' date=' whether it's 30g like I am supposed to or a few sips I feel so sick for about an hour. My stomach is rumbling like crazy and I get bad gas pains and until I finally have diarrhea I am just miserable! In addition the stuff tastes terrible and I have a hard time not throwing it up when I drink it.

My main concern is that the entire time the Protein drink is in my body I feel terrible. I have eaten a few scrambled eggs (usually can only have half of one for a meal) and I feel just fine so I know it's the protein drinks.... They are the same ones I had for liquid diet before surgery and I was fine then.

Thanks for any input![/quote']

Do the protein drinks have milk in them?

I was sleeved August 28! Ive lost 10 pounds. Just started puréed today. I get full so fast. I actually tried baby food. The ham and ham gravy has a good amount of Protein, but I had to add some salt and pepper. I can't get a large egg down. I can have two small slices of banana after I've eaten my ounce and a half of protein. Really trying to get my Water in... I just need to learn to have water on me at all times and just sip away. Takes me a half hour to sip 8 ounces of water.

One thing I've noticed it that I don't have much of a desire to eat! I have to remind myself. Need to get on a schedule too. Going to be hard with work. But I can do it!!! Looking forward to being healthy :):):)