Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Scheduled with Dr. Kim in TX on Aug 14th. Scared. Hopefully good results.

Welcome atelux. I am on the 13th, so we will have to keep tabs on each other. Where are you having surgery?

Sorry, I meant, "where" in TX. Is Dr. Kim in the Dallas area? I'm scared too, but feel it is the right thing to do for my health. I am more scared of the consequences of obesity. KWIM?

I like nectar brand shakes. I have had the lemonade, grapefruit and Cappuccino. All are fat free, carb free and taste more like a juice than a shake. Of course for an extra treat, I mix the cappuccino with skim milk, add a couple ice cubes and toss in the blender. Frozen, caffiene free capuccino. Yum. I really don't like the ones that taste like shakes either. These are available on Amazon, a little pricey but worth it if I can get it down

7.31.12-txjina1

8.1.12-slenderella-Dr. Scott Stowers

icle1234-Dr barker dallas tx

MsDallasSleever Dr Wade Barker

ugot2laff Dr Myur Srikanth WA

EcuaTrucho dr richard Nguyen

BarbH Dr. Medvetz Middletown PA

Nina88-Dr Casillas west LA

8.2.12-allnewme-Dr Alvarez MX

mamamelly dr matthew Bettendorf MN

carlab51 dr mccarty dallas tx

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.4.12-Icandothis Dr Alveraz mx

8.6.12-Aug62012-Dr Brengman Richmond VA

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

Stormwarning-Dr Alvarez Mx

Pdog Dr. Halmi in Fairfax,Va.

Tabbymonroe

sleevealicious dr nain woodbridge va

bug-indiana

dreamnslim2012 Dr david Kim tx

thickiest2thick dr david suh

ReeTee Dr S. Killeen TX

aznurse4u Dr Monash Tucson AZ

8.7.12-cegull dr david kim Dallas tx

zack515 dr aceves in mexicali

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

sv2- Dr suh murrieta ca

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.9.12 shaniceh01 Sabrena Noria New orleans louisiana

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

findingme2012dr kelly Tijuana

Jaoleen Dr verboonen MX

charmichelle NC

bethL dr richardson New orleans.

8.11.12- lolo11 dr kelly mx

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza Mx

Southern Oregon-Dr Ortiz

Mickey- Dr Arnold- Dallas TX

txjina1- dr kim-Tx july 31st

melissa kirk- dr mcmahon seattle wa

mom_24 dr alvarez mx

peacelove&tash dr douglas olsen TN

half~of~bri dr roc bauman

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

laurenss-Dr Gregory walton

jorsea- dr degara canada

bound4bway

mczoo33 dr alverez

atelux17 Dr Kim TX

8.16.12- MichT Kaiser West LA

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

8.18.12- dooter55 dr alvarez piedro negres mx

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

Skye-Dr. Joyce

lifesaver-dr george merriman-LA

8.21.12-lucysmama215

Sleeveme81Tx

nurse05 Dr Garcia MX

8.22.12-minniemouse dr wayne weiss

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

beanzilla Dr Garcia MX

mschina415- dr arron hoffman NY

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

irishgirl78 dr liao (23rd or 30th)

Onlyone Dr Garcia MX

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer

tammy ansley topeka kansas

8.27.12 washffpm dr mcmahon

KRBullardRN Dr. Babineau, Tyler TX

leprechaunmomma Dr lopez/Dr. Osuana TJ MX

krbullardrn dr babineau tyler tx

bluelemons, Dr Alvarez MX

8.28.12 vixkey dr krahn cali

JLOR Dr David Kim, Dallas TX

Red597 Dr Eric Mallico

8.29.12 cantw8t2bme dr esteban varela

Dolly

8.30.12 Runner

nawlinzlady

gigimamma dr kelly mx

kimmyiet Dr R marvin houston TX

Irishgirl78

8.31.12 ATLSara dr kelly mx

Holy Moly , we now have 84 surgeries scheduled for august (and i think i counted txjina1 too, shes july!)

What a successful thread if i do say so myself!!

QOTD-How/When did you decide you wanted to have bariatric surgery? Why did you choose the sleeve?

I was driving my mom to the airport one day in february and I was complaining that I was starting to gain back some of the weight I had lost on weight watchers. She said, Why don't you start looking into the lapband, you've struggled with your weight for so long, its time to just take care of it once and for all.

SO, I did....but as i was researching the lapband I found the sleeve. I decided that the lapband wasn't for me. What if i had lost my insurance? Would I have to keep that thing in me forever? If i take it out would I gain back all the weight I had lost???? I need something that doesnt require maintence like that. So, Here I am! I found the sleeve and after doing my research I really love the idea of the sleeve!

I am having like muscle bones aches from being on this liquid diet, I am drinking skim milk with my Protein, its more milk then I normally drink, and been taking Calcium, but it is a different feeling then feeling like a lack of calcium...its all over but mostly in my legs, and have had some really tight cramps in like ovaries that I haven't ever had before. Anyone experience this and what did you do?

I like nectar brand shakes. I have had the lemonade, grapefruit and cappuccino. All are fat free, carb free and taste more like a juice than a shake. Of course for an extra treat, I mix the cappuccino with skim milk, add a couple ice cubes and toss in the blender. Frozen, caffiene free capuccino. Yum. I really don't like the ones that taste like shakes either. These are available on Amazon, a little pricey but worth it if I can get it down

You can also order nectar and other Vitamins that we need from www.vitacost.com

If you place an order over 45.00 it ships for FREE. I love ordering from them, they ship very quickly.

ALSO, If you call the company directly, you can get a sample packet of all 14 flavors for $14.00 shipped free. One sample pkg per customer. The number is 866-333-7403 X 801. Cheaper than buying them in the stores and you can test each flavor to see what you like before investing in a large container. The newest flavor mint cookie is not available as a sample yet :(

THANKS GREAT SITE !!!!!

I am new to the blogging, still trying to figure everything out.

I decided to get the sleeve after I found out I am a diabetic

early 2011 and had first Doc appt. April 11, 2011. I was

approved for the RYN bypass early this year than found

out my Doc started doing sleeves. I had a bad feeling about the

RYN So, i changed to the sleeve. (aug 6) The RYN was to much

internal changes for me.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

QOTD-How/When did you decide you wanted to have bariatric surgery? Why did you choose the sleeve?

I too was researching the lap band as my PCP had talked with me about it months (even years) before. I was looking into the self pay options when in the sidebar, an ad popped up for surgery in MX. I clicked on it and starting reading about the sleeve surgery. I started researching and found Dr. Alvarez's website and knew instantly that he was the Dr that was to do my surgery. I believe that God led me to the place where I was ready (and my mind was open) to know that this is what is best for me. I feel totally at peace with my choice of procedure and surgeon. Even my PCP has no problem with me going to MX for surgery. All is good :)

I am having like muscle bones aches from being on this liquid diet, I am drinking skim milk with my Protein, its more milk then I normally drink, and been taking Calcium, but it is a different feeling then feeling like a lack of calcium...its all over but mostly in my legs, and have had some really tight cramps in like ovaries that I haven't ever had before. Anyone experience this and what did you do?

Are you due for your TOM? I had that a couple days ago and aunt flow just arrived (thank god , now i wont have it for surgery!!)....sometimes changing your diet can bring it on. It's probably just your body adjusting. Maybe try some tylonal (or whatever your doc advises), heating pad, hot bath?

Are you due for your TOM? I had that a couple days ago and aunt flow just arrived (thank god , now i wont have it for surgery!!)....sometimes changing your diet can bring it on. It's probably just your body adjusting. Maybe try some tylonal (or whatever your doc advises), heating pad, hot bath?

Actually I have been going through a bad start of menopause already, about 5 months of bleeding most the time, I dont want to do drugs and want to try and do natural first and deal with it as long as possible...plus focused on all the other of this surgery and fixing that part of me first before I can or will deal with the other parts broken on me...I keep thinking it will get better and just stop but for the most part it hasnt...doctor said we will try it several months before we will have to look at other options.

Hey all....yes I screwed up and added fruit at first too.......it didn't effect me too bad I have lost fifteen pounds so far.....5more to go to reach goal for pre op.....mine is 9200. I chose Alveraz because a client went to him....self pay....I am getting a little freaked though because I see stuff like EKG, haven't had one........I hope my blood work and liver wil be ok..........starting to get nervous......the 4 weeks is killer....sorry sweetie but it is...I am on day 15 and getting pissy.....I do not think it is helping that everyone wants too party for my birthday...the acid reflux is getting it of hand....there has got to be a better way to shrink the liver........protein shakes get rude after two weeks...worse than that we have liquids after too....yep I a, pretty frustrated today.........sorry guys

Hang in there girl, your half way through this insane liquid junk and your new body is awaiting you at the end of it all....you have been so strong but its darn well ok to hate it and us struggle with it...but I keep reminding my self its no where near as bad as the extra weight I am lugging around that makes so much of life impossible or a horried task....pretty soon we can sit on a beach in a nice sexy bathing suit and live that life we want...ok really dreaming there but we all will make it....and i will have to reread all my pep talk on day 15 to cause i am already sick of it...but managing and not failing at this very important milestone in my life this time hugsss tight to you Icandothis and all the others starting this phase of the journey....its only a moment in time

" I saw a lot of the sleeve prices at 4400 and such' date=' what are the prices? does your doctor do financing? How much is your TOTAL cost??? AND, non mexico sleevers......are you insurance or self pay?

I am self-pay so am having my surgery with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana on August 31st. My total cost is 5500.

Dr. Kelly does not do financing but sends links to financing options. I am going to be financing it myself with my HELOC. I've run that by my financial adviser! :) Because I am freaking out about how a complication could affect our family so much I am also spending 720 on a supplemental insurance plan. I would with any doctor, so it's not just Mexico, it's the fact that my insurance covers no complications from elective surgery.

My flight is "free" using frequent flyer miles. So my total cost with freak-out factor is 6220!

BTW, yesterday I met a woman who's sister had the surgery in Mexico SIX years ago! She promptly showed me tons of photos on Facebook and the woman looks awesome! That made me feel so good!

[/quote']

Can you send me info on the supplemental insurance? I'm having surgery with Dr. Kelly on 8/23. My email is mgmarse@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Melissa.

Scheduled with Dr. Kim in TX on Aug 14th. Scared. Hopefully good results.

Welcome! I'm scheduled with Dr. Kim on August 7 :)

I had my endoscopy this afternoon and the anesthesiologist was surprised I was having sleeve surgery. She said she didn't think I was heavy enough and most of the people she's seen that have it are heavier, and why am I having it. I know she probably didn't mean it in a bad way but it kind of made me feel bad. I've thought about this a lot, done a lot of research and my BMI was 40 when I started looking into this. I've already had to defend my reasons to certain family and friends. (Only my family, my mom and sister and a couple of very close friends know) I didn't think I'd have to explain myself to a doctor that isn't directly involved in my decision. Ugh! Anyone else go through this?

I had my endoscopy this afternoon and the anesthesiologist was surprised I was having sleeve surgery. She said she didn't think I was heavy enough and most of the people she's seen that have it are heavier' date=' and why am I having it. I know she probably didn't mean it in a bad way but it kind of made me feel bad. I've thought about this a lot, done a lot of research and my BMI was 40 when I started looking into this. I've already had to defend my reasons to certain family and friends. (Only my family, my mom and sister and a couple of very close friends know) I didn't think I'd have to explain myself to a doctor that isn't directly involved in my decision. Ugh! Anyone else go through this?[/quote']

I think some folks with a lower BMI started a discussion about their frustrations with similar insensitive comments. You might try searching the term low BMI to find it.

I am scheduled for 8/6/12 if the insurance approves it. I should have an answer by 7/31/12---no pre op diet required.