Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Hey all! Well i messed up a bit yesterday and ate probably more than i should. I was up .6 from my last weigh in check (7/15) so today i drank only shakes. and i had 2 SF jello's . I ordered banana Protein (muscle milk light) and it came today....its really good. SO i have this in addition to my choc and vanilla...i also got the nectar samples. I tried the caribbean cooler ...its OKAY. not horrible...but not something i'd crave lol.

So- QOTD- what Protein powders have you tried' date=' what will you use after surgery?[/quote']

If you don't mind, can you post in a darker color? My diabetic eyes cannot read low contrast! Thanks.

LOL I can't wait to have more energy to keep up with my 15 year old' date=' or at least try to. She wears me out![/quote']

My 17 year old is a competitive figure skater. I cannot wait until I am able and brave enough to stap on some skates. Boy will she be embarrassed. Maybe I should ask her coach to give me some lessons. Lol.

So I haven't bought any "goal outfit" or anything...but recently I got a $40 check from Lane Bryant. I didnt want to buy anything for now, so decided to get something in the smallest size they sell. Man, did I do good! There was a cute dress, size 14 on the sale rack for $44.99. I get to the register and was told the sale rack is 50% off right now, so I go get another dress. My grand total including tax? $42.48. I only had to pay $2.48 for 2 cute dresses! Hoping to be able to wear them by 2013 spring. That's not my final goal though! I want to not be able to shop in ANY woman's stores!

My 17 year old is a competitive figure skater. I cannot wait until I am able and brave enough to stap on some skates. Boy will she be embarrassed. Maybe I should ask her coach to give me some lessons. Lol.

That's what I wanted to be when I grew up! Now I live where we don't even HAVE an ice rink, and my size 7 skates are too tight! Would love to have them sharpened, and for them to fit again...and use them!

Hey all! Well i messed up a bit yesterday and ate probably more than i should. I was up .6 from my last weigh in check (7/15) so today i drank only shakes. and i had 2 SF jello's . I ordered banana Protein (muscle milk light) and it came today....its really good. SO i have this in addition to my choc and vanilla...i also got the nectar samples. I tried the caribbean cooler ...its OKAY. not horrible...but not something i'd crave lol.

So- QOTD- what Protein powders have you tried, what will you use after surgery?

Do you have a Target near you? My Target carries Muscle Milk in several different flavors. They come in a 4 pack right? I think it was $5.98 for the 4 pack.

I ordered the nectar samples too. Was yours really foamy?

So- QOTD- what Protein powders have you tried, what will you use after surgery?

I am suppose to be starting my pre-op officially on the 23rd, however I am anticipating having a great deal of difficulty so I am preparing to start working on getting this down tomorrow. I figured

1. its not going to hurt to start sooner (may hurt me a great deal, but won't hurt my outcome)

2.It gives me a few extra days to try to get the hang of things.

3. This diet can make you come out stronger on the other side.

The cons/fears:

1. I will become moody with the extra days of diet (who am I kidding, your taking all my food away, moody is just the first step of things)

2.I will probably loose control of everything ( there is great fear I will mess up)

3. My kids may start looking delicious to me. (you know what if animal instincts take over..lol--lets hope I can keep the drooling to a minimum)

4. Moody has just been replaced with something much worse ( I start flying my broom about this time)

Yep, I do believe my family is going to need all the support they can get as I embark on this pre-op journey. I wish them all the best!! I teased hubby jokingly the other night when He said he would help me through this phase. I said Oh I hope you survive this, that I see you on the other side, and that your still my husband after seeing how bad it can get!!. Thankfully I have a very humorous husband. He said good thing I am working, and when I am not I can go hunting. I think that just meant, Good luck baby, Text or call when its safe to come home..

As far as protein powders. I have samples of unjury that I will be trying. i refused to spend money without knowing if I like them. I did buy the Jillian Michaels vanilla Cream whey protein. Its ok, not the best, but in all honesty I am not a big fan of vanilla but bought it cause it gave me options for flavoring in other flavors.

I've been reading everyone's NSV posts a few of mine are:

Packing to go on a trip and not freaking about what to wear.

Having room in my suitcase because it won't be full of Lane GIANT size 22 clothes.

Fitting in my airplane seat.

Seeing plays at all the great little theaters here in Los Angeles and fitting in the seat and not pressing against the person next to me!

31 days to go!!!! :D Happy Dancing!!!!

Congrats on your decision to reclaim you life! My date is August 27, I am officially jealous that you don't have as long to sit with the jitters lol. Where are you getting it done? And with whom?

I have had to sit with some jitters because my date was pushed back from my original July date, but it's getting done that's all that counts. I'm getting it done at Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose,CA and my surgeon is Dr. Richard Nguyen from Advance Surgical Associates, it's a family proctice and all 3 brothers are surgeons.

good luck on your August 27th date, it will be here as soon as u know it.

Do you have a Target near you? My Target carries Muscle Milk in several different flavors. They come in a 4 pack right? I think it was $5.98 for the 4 pack.

I ordered the nectar samples too. Was yours really foamy?

Yea when i shook it up it was. then i put it in the freezer for a little while and it was fine. It kinda tastes like watered down crystal light?? do you think so too or am i not putting enough powder in? hard to tell how much to put in. i didn't wanna put too much in.

I am suppose to be starting my pre-op officially on the 23rd, however I am anticipating having a great deal of difficulty so I am preparing to start working on getting this down tomorrow. I figured

1. its not going to hurt to start sooner (may hurt me a great deal, but won't hurt my outcome)

The cons/fears:

1. I will become moody with the extra days of diet (who am I kidding, your taking all my food away, moody is just the first step of things)

2.I will probably loose control of everything ( there is great fear I will mess up)

3. My kids may start looking delicious to me. (you know what if animal instincts take over..lol--lets hope I can keep the drooling to a minimum)

4. Moody has just been replaced with something much worse ( I start flying my broom about this time)

Yep, I do believe my family is going to need all the support they can get as I embark on this pre-op journey. I wish them all the best!! I teased hubby jokingly the other night when He said he would help me through this phase. I said Oh I hope you survive this, that I see you on the other side, and that your still my husband after seeing how bad it can get!!. Thankfully I have a very humorous husband. He said good thing I am working, and when I am not I can go hunting. I think that just meant, Good luck baby, Text or call when its safe to come home..

As far as Protein powders. I have samples of unjury that I will be trying. i refused to spend money without knowing if I like them. I did buy the Jillian Michaels Vanilla Cream whey Protein. Its ok, not the best, but in all honesty I am not a big fan of vanilla but bought it cause it gave me options for flavoring in other flavors.

lol a friend of mine said the same thing. she was on her 2 week liquid shake diet and she said " i'm about to eat my first born im so hungry" lol!!!

I'm kinda starting early... today i haven't eaten anything. I want to see how much i lose today. I've been doing shakes and salads but yesterday i messed up. i dont start the actual pre op diet til next tuesday. It's not super hard but its 830 and im starting to get a bad headache. I'm still at work...im ready to go home and take tylonal and go to bed!!!!!!!!!!! good luck, we'lll all be on the diet around the same time so theres tons of support!

Hello fellow sleevers! Add me to the list... I am getting sleeved on August 27th! I am about half way thru reading all 29 pages of this post.. so much to read! But full of lots of good ideas. I am 39 years old and have been overweight the majority of my life. I have battled with myself for years about having surgery... Until I read about the sleeve, I really just didn't see it in my future. I have lost weight in the past and was quite active... but in the last 5 years, I have gained it all back and then some. Since I know how it feels to MOVE my body, I just cant deal with all of this extra weight anymore. My 40th bday is coming up, and I decided enough is enough. My body hurts from the weight... I want to be able to run, rock climb, do a zip line.. all of that! I look forward to the reading all of your posts!

Wow that is a tough question. I am thinking a girlfriends cruise will be a must. On a more personal note I have been telling myself for several years that I want to climb my mountain and gain control over all my issues that have held me back for so long. So a symbol would be to successfully climb Mt Leconte. There is a primitive lodge at the top so you can spend the night. But the only way to get to the too is to scale the mountain.

I work with 2 girls that were sleeved a few weeks ago and we are talking about a cruise next summer. My husband will never go for it but he'll get over it... eventually. :):D:):D:)

Hi, I am a newbee But I have scheduled my surgery with Dr Garcia for August the 21st and have paid my deposit and have my plane tickets...woohoo..I am so very excited to get rid of this weight.I weigh 225 and I am 5ft 6in...anyone else going to Tijuana that week??

The cons/fears:

I am starting on Thursday full liquids. I have been eliminating one meal a day (or two) with Protein Bars or shake. Hubby and I went out tonight to the little local pizza shop for a salad and sandwich. So good! That was my "last meal", now on to the important stuff!!

If you need to talk or anything just PM me and I can give you my cell #.

I also found my sleeve sister with Dr. A. and have been chatting with her. All the support we can give each other will do us good,

TTYS