Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi Kinda, I'm in Canberra, I bet three months down you're feeling amazing! Which surgeon did your op? :)

Congratulations Kaiiceee on your op date, and also a huge congrats for stopping smoking! Its hard to comment without being offensive, so please don't take me the wrong way, I just wanted to be honest and say that my surgery was bumped up because the girl who had surgery right before me had hers aborted because the anesthest was worried about her breathing as she was a smoker. She slept in recovery next to me that night, and I just felt so bad for her. I was also a heavy smoker and completely understand the addiction. I somehow stopped 2.5 years ago now. Kaii you're doing such a great thing for your body and mind. Good on you!

Oh and lip balm in your bag is a must! I took so much stuff I didn't really need. Heaps of changes of clothes, magazines/books iPad etc too that I didn't really need as I just slept for days. I could barely sms anyone I was so groggy. I took ear plugs which helped if you won't have your own room

Hi everyone. Good to see some new faces about to take the plunge. I didn't believe it before surgery but it truly is the best thing you will do for yourself.

I was sleeved in early March, weighing 142.6kg prior to 2 weeks of KicStart shakes. I feel really bad for those of you that have to do weeks on end of pre-surgery liquids - I was lucky!

Almost 4 months out now and have lost 30kg. Weight this week was 112.4kg. So happy to have done this and really don't miss a thing.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi everyone. Good to see some new faces about to take the plunge. I didn't believe it before surgery but it truly is the best thing you will do for yourself.

I was sleeved in early March, weighing 142.6kg prior to 2 weeks of KicStart shakes. I feel really bad for those of you that have to do weeks on end of pre-surgery liquids - I was lucky!

Almost 4 months out now and have lost 30kg. Weight this week was 112.4kg. So happy to have done this and really don't miss a thing.

How's everyone else doing?

OMG I was wondering how you were going. Your doing great, I'm shaking my head thinking what was it that made you follow through this time with the opp and not the other times ? You have a great story to tell which may help some that are nervous and thinking about cancelling. Not everyone is brave enough to speak up but I know there are people that lie low but read everything that comes up on this board. Keep going you should be truly proud of what you have accomplished so far.

I know im down to my last 4 weeks now and I have had the odd slip, I've had like half a smoke since I gave it up. I struggle with the vegetables as the only ones I eat im not aloud to eat eg: potato, sweet potato, corn..

ive never eaten so much salad in my life lol but ive lost 10kgs since I started it and its nothing but down from here (at least on the scales anyway)

ive grown to love my opti fast, never thought I would say that but I really enjoy it and I don't mix it with anything else but water!

I don't miss smoking that much, only when someone around me is smoking... I miss food so much tho haha.

mind over matter, mind over matter....

Hi Kinda, I'm in Canberra, I bet three months down you're feeling amazing! Which surgeon did your op? :)
Congratulations Kaiiceee on your op date, and also a huge congrats for stopping smoking! Its hard to comment without being offensive, so please don't take me the wrong way, I just wanted to be honest and say that my surgery was bumped up because the girl who had surgery right before me had hers aborted because the anesthest was worried about her breathing as she was a smoker. She slept in recovery next to me that night, and I just felt so bad for her. I was also a heavy smoker and completely understand the addiction. I somehow stopped 2.5 years ago now. Kaii you're doing such a great thing for your body and mind. Good on you!

I'm from Brisbane - still trying to find a surgeon in Brissy, please let me know who you chose fellow locals!

I was booked with Ian Baxter in Sunny Coast, but I have moved and am finding it hard to get to and from for appointments...

I'm from Brisbane - still trying to find a surgeon in Brissy, please let me know who you chose fellow locals!

I was booked with Ian Baxter in Sunny Coast, but I have moved and am finding it hard to get to and from for appointments...

My husband and I used Dr Phil Lockie and are so happy with the surgery and the before and after care.

I know im down to my last 4 weeks now and I have had the odd slip, I've had like half a smoke since I gave it up. I struggle with the vegetables as the only ones I eat im not aloud to eat eg: potato, sweet potato, corn..

ive never eaten so much salad in my life lol but ive lost 10kgs since I started it and its nothing but down from here (at least on the scales anyway)

ive grown to love my opti fast, never thought I would say that but I really enjoy it and I don't mix it with anything else but water!

I don't miss smoking that much, only when someone around me is smoking... I miss food so much tho haha.

mind over matter, mind over matter....

Hang in there you don't have long to go now

Hi all I had sleeve surgery in Jan 2014 and I am now 2 kg more than when I had the surgery. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong

Hi guys!!!! It's been ages since I was on here!!!! Life has been busy. I'm due to have my first bub next week ????

Everything has been great with the pregnancy and I have only put on about 15kgs which is great. Yes I freaked at first but I'm happy to say it is all in my tummy and some Fluid in the legs. I'm able to eat heaps but still sticking to my normal foods and have no issues with my blood work which is great.

It's awesome to see newbies on here and the oldies too. Keep up the good work guys. The sleeve was the best thing I ever had done

Cheers Bec

Hey Bec101

congrats on your 1st child!

how has pregnancy been since surgery? Any Vitamin supplement requirements other than the usual?

Not that I plan on kids but so many people ask me how it would effect pregnancy if it did happen and I don't have an answer for them.

congrats again :)

Hi guys!!!! It's been ages since I was on here!!!! Life has been busy. I'm due to have my first bub next week
Everything has been great with the pregnancy and I have only put on about 15kgs which is great. Yes I freaked at first but I'm happy to say it is all in my tummy and some Fluid in the legs. I'm able to eat heaps but still sticking to my normal foods and have no issues with my blood work which is great.

It's awesome to see newbies on here and the oldies too. Keep up the good work guys. The sleeve was the best thing I ever had done

Cheers Bec

Hey Bec101

congrats on your 1st child!

how has pregnancy been since surgery? Any Vitamin supplement requirements other than the usual?

Not that I plan on kids but so many people ask me how it would effect pregnancy if it did happen and I don't have an answer for them.

congrats again :)

Thanks ???? I'm just taking elivet and a caltrate plus. That is it!! My Vitamin levels have been great. And I have been told there is no difference with my pregnancy post op to pre op which is great to know. As long as you see your OB regulary and get your bloods done all is good. I also saw my dietition and my surgeon early on and they were all happy with everything. So if anyone gets pregnant I would say go and see your weightloss team and check in with them too

Hi all I had sleeve surgery in Jan 2014 and I am now 2 kg more than when I had the surgery. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong

Make an appointment to see your surgeon and your dietician that should not be where your at and it could mean you have a problem. Best to discuss it with the surgeon he will get to the bottom of it. You paid for a surgery ( or your insurance ) that has not made any impact that's a real concern. Let us know how you go

Hi guys!!!! It's been ages since I was on here!!!! Life has been busy. I'm due to have my first bub next week ????

Cheers Bec

Bec that's amazing I know you tried really hard to get to this point in your life. Good luck next week. Don't forget to let us know how your going.

Cheers Bec

Bec that's amazing I know you tried really hard to get to this point in your life. Good luck next week. Don't forget to let us know how your going.

Thanks so much. Yeah it's been a long 2yrs to get here but worth it all. I'll def keep you all posted ????

Hi guys - newbie here saying hi... I'm 2 days away from getting my sleeve.. very excited but the nerves have defo kicked in today...