Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi guys - newbie here saying hi... I'm 2 days away from getting my sleeve.. very excited but the nerves have defo kicked in today...

the best investment you will make in your future good luck

Hey everyone,

Well I had our little daughter on the 29th July. Miss Madison Elsie was born at 6.29pm weight was 7.05lb via emergency c section after an all day labour and her getting stuck. All went well in the end. I thought I'd better let you all know. After a long 2yrs I finally got what I wanted and why I got the sleeve for.

Cheers Bec

Hey everyone,

Well I had our little daughter on the 29th July. Miss Madison Elsie was born at 6.29pm weight was 7.05lb via emergency c section after an all day labour and her getting stuck. All went well in the end. I thought I'd better let you all know. After a long 2yrs I finally got what I wanted and why I got the sleeve for.

Cheers Bec

Congrat's Bec enjoy your precious baby girl. Keep us updated in regards to your weight.

Thanks Ausmith. Well I put on 14kgs with the pregnancy and after a week in hospital I had lost 11kgs! I have still to lose those last 3kgs. My restriction isn't as it was before I got pregnant. But it is tigher than it was with the pregnancy. I've just started exercising as of today and it feels great getting back into it. I'll keep you all updated as to how I go

Thanks Ausmith. Well I put on 14kgs with the pregnancy and after a week in hospital I had lost 11kgs! I have still to lose those last 3kgs. My restriction isn't as it was before I got pregnant. But it is tigher than it was with the pregnancy. I've just started exercising as of today and it feels great getting back into it. I'll keep you all updated as to how I go

That is AMAZING so good to hear that extra weight will not be an added stress while you enjoy this amazing time with your beautiful daughter. You are a true inspiration for others in the same predicament. You have shown that it can be done and that your still on a great path going forward. Once again well done Bec

Hi all,

Just joined this group and wow some awe inspiring stories here!

I'm just wondering if anyone here is with Bupa and if they managed to get around the 2month waiting period for bariatric surgery? I've just upped my cover to Top Hospital etc, and providing there's no pre existing ('I swear Doc, This morning I just woke up fat'!) then the wait time is 2 months.

I'm just wondering whether anyone has had surgery with this cover, whether they've had to wait the 12 months as opposed to the 2mth, and what reasoning they gave for declining/accepting you for surgery?

I want to get the sleeve surgery asap, I'm hoping for 2month wait but expecting to be told it's 12mths...

Just want some info for ammo if needed when I'm in contact with the dreaded PHI..

Ta ????

Hi all,

Just joined this group and wow some awe inspiring stories here!

I'm just wondering if anyone here is with Bupa and if they managed to get around the 2month waiting period for bariatric surgery? I've just upped my cover to Top Hospital etc, and providing there's no pre existing ('I swear Doc, This morning I just woke up fat'!) then the wait time is 2 months.

I'm just wondering whether anyone has had surgery with this cover, whether they've had to wait the 12 months as opposed to the 2mth, and what reasoning they gave for declining/accepting you for surgery?

I want to get the sleeve surgery asap, I'm hoping for 2month wait but expecting to be told it's 12mths...

Just want some info for ammo if needed when I'm in contact with the dreaded PHI..

Ta ????

Hi just wondering how things went do you have to wait ?

Hi everyone!

I had my sleeve done 18th Aug and have so far lost 31kgs but have mainly just been walking as my daily exercise. Am wanting to bump it up with some personal training (surgeon suggested 30mins of HIIT a week should be all i need right now)- does anyone know a good PT in sydney's eastern suburbs or cbd who knows how to deal with obese clients? I've had a few experiences recently (and over the years like we all have most likely) where they *just don't get it* (ie limited flexibility, balance and everything that goes along with being much bigger than everyone else) and try to get me to do things they do with their usual clients (ie someone half my size) that I just physically can't, which is very frustrating, a little dangerous (potential injury-wise) and offputting for exercise in general!

Thanks all!

Hi everyone!

I had my sleeve done 18th Aug and have so far lost 31kgs but have mainly just been walking as my daily exercise. Am wanting to bump it up with some personal training (surgeon suggested 30mins of HIIT a week should be all i need right now)- does anyone know a good PT in sydney's eastern suburbs or cbd who knows how to deal with obese clients? I've had a few experiences recently (and over the years like we all have most likely) where they *just don't get it* (ie limited flexibility, balance and everything that goes along with being much bigger than everyone else) and try to get me to do things they do with their usual clients (ie someone half my size) that I just physically can't, which is very frustrating, a little dangerous (potential injury-wise) and offputting for exercise in general!

Thanks all!

Hi, I'd be more inclined to go with an exercise physiologist rather than a PT. They are more highly educated than a PT (4 year uni degree rather than a 6-8 week course that a PT does) and may be more suited to tailoring exercises to your specific needs.

Just found this section, and so far November 2015 is the 2nd last post.....

Hello everyone, how are you all feeling and enjoying your new chapters in life?

I was sleeved 8th March 2016, on the Gold Coast by Dr. Jordaan.

In my 7th week post op currently.

My recovery has been rather smooth, with few bouts of really bad reflux if I ate/drank very acidic foods, ate too fast, ate the wrong food (not doing that again!), and with the last change over to more Solid type foods.

Seeing Dr. Jordaan tomorrow re different reflux med, was on Pariet, want to try Nexium.

I also have Graves Disease, that Dr. Jordaan's Endo found, and so my Sleeve had to be postponed (from July 2015 to March 2016).

I now have the post RAI hypothyroid, and have been on Thyroxine 100 mcg since January 2016.

I was OK thyroid wise for 2 months pre-op.

Post op, I could not work out why my Insomnia came back, leg cramps, feeling hot again ....

For at least 3 weeks post op I was up to 4 am, 5 am or later on some nights, or did not sleep at all, which was not great for my recovery.

I had my levels checked (thyroid) about 4 weeks post-op, did not hear from my Endo, so thought all was OK.

Now, after reading few posts re Thyroid and Thyroxine and WLS, I know that my "rapid" initial weight-loss must have done cartwheels with my thyroid med dosage. I went back to some Hyper-thyroid symptoms .... My Thyroxine must have been too high a dose then .....

It is levelling out now, and I can finally sleep better.

I am on 6 weekly blood tests now.

I can't read all the posts here, from before ..... :)

Please PM me, add me as a friend, or say hello, especially if you have Thyroid disease, I would love to keep in touch.

Also, if you are on the Gold Coast, please let me know, and maybe we can have coffee one day.

Thank you :)

Hey Bec just wondering how your going and how your coping with motherhood ?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hey Ausmith,

Motherhood is great. Been tough too. I ended up with PND but I'm doing so well. Madison is growing ip happy and healthy and we have so much fun

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

post-174722-14616537098026_thumb.jpgthis is Madison

@@Bec101

Your daughter Madison is gorgeous! Congratulations ! :)

Thanks so much

Yes, here's one!

I Iam Aussie