Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Help please..I have put on put 1kg this week and have been stalling regularly since 3 weeks post op. Now 5 months put the weight loss has really slowed. I've lost 24kgs, but still have another 14 to go. I have started to keep a food diary the past few days to discuss with my dietician who I feel a need to consult with again. Others who are 4-6 months out is your weight still coming off consistently and if so what are you eating on an average day please?

Hey Kelli,

Mate as you know I'm a bit behind you so what I'm eating is probably not relative.

One thing I cant live without is the myfitnesspal app for tracking food and excercise. I love it.

Good luck - I know you'll overcome this hurdle.

Deano

Hi Kelli,

I am just over 2 months out but I have stalled too. Maybe we could support each other on MyFitnessPal. I am Lady57 on there. If you think this would help I would be keen.

Wendy.

Help please..I have put on put 1kg this week and have been stalling regularly since 3 weeks post op. Now 5 months put the weight loss has really slowed. I've lost 24kgs' date=' but still have another 14 to go. I have started to keep a food diary the past few days to discuss with my dietician who I feel a need to consult with again. Others who are 4-6 months out is your weight still coming off consistently and if so what are you eating on an average day please?[/quote']

Hi Kelli, I'm pretty sure we were sleeved on the same day weren't we, 13th August? Well, to date, I've lost nearly nearly 40kg since surgery and I can promise you I've been sick as a dog because of it. I've spent 3 nights in hospital this week with heat stroke and severe dehydration. We had a couple of days mid 40s and I had a gastric bug at the same time. I couldn't get in as much liquid as I was losing and ended up collapsing at home with my daughter having to call my mum and tell her I wasn't waking up.

I had to stay in hospital because my liver and kidneys weren't coping too well.

I know this sounds like a pity party, but I seriously wish my weight had come off slower. I have nothing I reserve for when I get sick, which seems to be really frequently, and it takes longer to recover.

I don't regret the surgery at all, and me getting sick isn't a result of the surgery. But I know that before I got glandular fever, I was losing 1kg a week average and was stalling every couple of weeks. It's only been 5 months. You're body is doing this slowly so it doesn't go into shock, like mine did. I'm jealous.

As for what I'm eating, today for Breakfast I had 1 slice of wholegrain toast with extra light Peanut Butter, morning tea a small skim latte, lunch 1/2 a stuffed mushroom (one of the huge ones and it was stuffed with risotto, I'm not really good with rice yet), dinner I had about a cup of watermelon as I was feeling a bit queasy from lunch.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Hi Kelli' date='

I am just over 2 months out but I have stalled too. Maybe we could support each other on MyFitnessPal. I am Lady57 on there. If you think this would help I would be keen.

Wendy.[/quote']

Thanks how do I do myfitneaspal please?

Hey Kelli - I am four months out and haven't hit a stall (YET) but you know that my situation wasn't "normal", so a bit like Deano, what I am eating probably isn't relavent. I think a food diary is a great idea but I wonder if it isn't kinda normal cause you are getting pretty close to your goal weight. Which is awesome (that you're close to goal) but sucks and must be frustrating as heck.

This is going to sound bonkers, but a friend of mine who lost a lot of weight said that when she hit a long stall, her trainer told her she wasn't getting enough calories in. So she had a "cheat meal" once per week - something calorific that apparently "shocked" her body into burning more calories over the whole week and she said it really worked for her. Not sure if it applies for you but perhaps something to consider?

I am dreading a stall or even worse a gain, but I am sure that is all part of it as well. Good luck Kelli and I hope things start moving for you again really soon.

Oh I just remembered, remember when I was in hospital and there was a few weeks where I gained weight even though I'd been fed via drip for ages. It didn't make any sense - dietician said it was all the Fluid so given it's hot, maybe that's a part of it too - Fluid retention.

Anyway good luck :) Cheers, Lila

Thanks how do I do myfitneaspal please?

www.myfitnesspal.com

You can track your food on the net, but the app is fantastic.

It even has a little bar code thingo to scan any packaged foods and brings of the cals and all the nutritional info.

In the search function, I havent found a food that hasn't been in the data base.

Deano

Hi Kelli' date=' I'm pretty sure we were sleeved on the same day weren't we, 13th August? Well, to date, I've lost nearly nearly 40kg since surgery and I can promise you I've been sick as a dog because of it. I've spent 3 nights in hospital this week with heat stroke and severe dehydration. We had a couple of days mid 40s and I had a gastric bug at the same time. I couldn't get in as much liquid as I was losing and ended up collapsing at home with my daughter having to call my mum and tell her I wasn't waking up.

I had to stay in hospital because my liver and kidneys weren't coping too well.

I know this sounds like a pity party, but I seriously wish my weight had come off slower. I have nothing I reserve for when I get sick, which seems to be really frequently, and it takes longer to recover.

I don't regret the surgery at all, and me getting sick isn't a result of the surgery. But I know that before I got glandular fever, I was losing 1kg a week average and was stalling every couple of weeks. It's only been 5 months. You're body is doing this slowly so it doesn't go into shock, like mine did. I'm jealous.

As for what I'm eating, today for Breakfast I had 1 slice of wholegrain toast with extra light Peanut Butter, morning tea a small skim latte, lunch 1/2 a stuffed mushroom (one of the huge ones and it was stuffed with risotto, I'm not really good with rice yet), dinner I had about a cup of watermelon as I was feeling a bit queasy from lunch.< /p>

Hope that helps. Good luck.[/quote']

Thanks, I am sorry you haven't been well and suffered from the heat. Your 40kgs sounds like heaven, but I can see why it may

also have its pitfalls. I know we should not compare with others results, but I was done on 14 August and seem so far behind your loss to date. I have had no real issues and think I eat healthily and try to cover all food groups most days. Maybe it's just my body's way of coping. Perhaps as per the past it is fighting against the weight coming off? I appreciate your words of encouragement and hope you feel better soon.

dietician said it was all the Fluid so given it's hot, maybe that's a part of it too - Fluid retention

Hadn't thought of that - could be the culprit!

Hey Kelli - I am four months out and haven't hit a stall (YET) but you know that my situation wasn't "normal"' date=' so a bit like Deano, what I am eating probably isn't relavent. I think a food diary is a great idea but I wonder if it isn't kinda normal cause you are getting pretty close to your goal weight. Which is awesome (that you're close to goal) but sucks and must be frustrating as heck.

This is going to sound bonkers, but a friend of mine who lost a lot of weight said that when she hit a long stall, her trainer told her she wasn't getting enough calories in. So she had a "cheat meal" once per week - something calorific that apparently "shocked" her body into burning more calories over the whole week and she said it really worked for her. Not sure if it applies for you but perhaps something to consider?

I am dreading a stall or even worse a gain, but I am sure that is all part of it as well. Good luck Kelli and I hope things start moving for you again really soon.

Oh I just remembered, remember when I was in hospital and there was a few weeks where I gained weight even though I'd been fed via drip for ages. It didn't make any sense - dietician said it was all the Fluid so given it's hot, maybe that's a part of it too - Fluid retention.

Anyway good luck :) Cheers, Lila[/quote']

Thanks Lila, I don't know if I am eating enough, or too much and maybe I am over analysing it all. Even though it's hot I still have to make a real effort every day to get in a couple of litres of Water. I probably only end up drinking an average 1.5litres on a good day, so maybe that's also a contributing factor. I am over half way to goal, but still feel at least 14 kgs is a lot to go when it's so slow. I like the idea of a cheat meal once a week, but it would still be a tiny one! LOL

www.myfitnesspal.com

You can track your food on the net' date=' but the app is fantastic.

It even has a little bar code thingo to scan any packaged foods and brings of the cals and all the nutritional info.

In the search function, I havent found a food that hasn't been in the data base.

Deano[/quote']

Thanks Dean I will look at it now. Cheers

www.myfitnesspal.com

You can track your food on the net' date=' but the app is fantastic.

Deano[/quote']

Dean I have just set up an account in myfitnesspal and put in what I ate today and it told me I am not eating enough! I wonder if the calories it calculates I should be eating each day is too high? I thought I was maybe eating to much!

LOL I know it would be a tiny cheat meal, but if you've been pretty restrictive during the rest of the week then it might be enough to still jump start the weight loss again :)

Oh I just read your later post - not eating enough can mess up your weight loss as much as over eating apparently

Oh I just read your later post - not eating enough can mess up your weight loss as much as over eating apparently

Logically I know this but I really thought I was eating more than enough. I will use this tool and see how I go before contacting the dietician and spending more money. Thanks for your help.

I just joined myfitnesspal too :) I am way under my suggested calories so I am going to have to try to work harder on that :( I love that it tracks my Protein etc though!