Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

All best for ur trip and ur op! Hope everything goes great for u. Yeah all here for u!!

Bec

Hi everyone sooooo happy had follow up appointment today, officially lost 31kgs and even better than that got taken off blood pressure meds, no regrets for this sleever.

Hi everyone, it is so fantastic to read so many success's happening. I started exercising 5 weeks ago and have only lost 1.3 kg ... such a struggle, and I am not eating badly.. yes i have had things i shouldnt but in general i am eating better than i ever have in my life, walking/running 6 days a week and feel like i should be loosing more. I am not going to quit cause i know it will all catch up to me but struggling mentally. Anyhow, altogether I have lost 24kg since i started my journey in Oct and know that without the sleeve i would have lost nothing and probably gained. Also, I have been lucky enough to have joined up with someone who had it done 1 week before me and together we have busted our arses working out. Thanks for listening guys and hopefully next update will be way more kg's off.

Hi everyone, it is so fantastic to read so many success's happening. I started exercising 5 weeks ago and have only lost 1.3 kg ... such a struggle, and I am not eating badly.. yes i have had things i shouldnt but in general i am eating better than i ever have in my life, walking/running 6 days a week and feel like i should be loosing more. I am not going to quit cause i know it will all catch up to me but struggling mentally. Anyhow, altogether I have lost 24kg since i started my journey in Oct and know that without the sleeve i would have lost nothing and probably gained. Also, I have been lucky enough to have joined up with someone who had it done 1 week before me and together we have busted our arses working out. Thanks for listening guys and hopefully next update will be way more kg's off.

It sounds like you are doing a great job. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will teach your goals. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Just keep chipping away at it. I admire you for your commitment to exercise. You will be building muscle with your exercise so even if the scales do show it, you will start to slim down and change shape. You will be thankful for sticking to the exercise as it will keep you really toned as the weight comes off. I have not been great on the exercise during my journey and although I had great weight loss, a lot of it has been muscle. You need your muscle as it burns more calories too. Gee - I know all the theory but can't

put it into practice!

I am in size 10 for jeans, tops, undies (from 22) Size 12D bra (from 20DD), size 6 shoes (from 7). It's pretty unreal to me. I'm pretty happy with how I look now, except that I still have some fat above and below my belly button, along with a heap of loose skin. I hope to lose at least 10 kg more though my surgeon's goal is just a few kg away. I've dropped a size with hardly any weight loss, so the running, zumba, and weights are working. I realized that Australian size 10 jeans is a US 6, so this means I am now smaller than when I was 18 and wearing tight size 8! My bra band size is also smaller (I'm a US 34D and remember being a 36D back then). I'm still around 28% body fat and 28 BMI, and I'd like to get to 25% and a healthy BMI. But I already feel so successful and I'm only 9 months in!

This has been the easiest and most successful weight loss I have ever has. I am just so thankful and I'm so grateful for all the support I've had from this thread over the last nearly one year! I'm happy to see new people joining and finding success as well. As a group we have been incredibly fortunate, with a very low complication rate, high success rate, and several real-life friendships. It is pretty awesome!

Another aussie in qld. Presently have a band but after 2 1/2 yrs drama im booked in for revision surgery to a sleeve. Seeing dr victor liew at john Flynn private on gold coast

I cant wait to finally be back in control of my life

Another aussie in qld. Presently have a band but after 2 1/2 yrs drama im booked in for revision surgery to a sleeve. Seeing dr victor liew at john Flynn private on gold coast I cant wait to finally be back in control of my life

Good luck. I am sure you will love your new sleeve as much as we all do. I am on the Gold Coast. If you are local I am happy to catch up.

Im in gladstone :( unfortunately, i hate it

Morning everyone,

I have a question for you all. I'm sorry if this is TMI but I need to know if anymore else has had this problem. I've been having BM troubles in that I've been having really bad cramping and then having to run to the loo and have nothing happen. This goes on for hours everyday and then I finally go to the loo. Well today I had to go home from work as the cramping is making me want to throw up and my tummy is bloated, but I have been able to go to the loo. For the last few months I've had to take Benefibre everyday just so that I have some kind of BM. But in the last week or so I've not been taking it because of the mentioned problem.

So what I wanted to know is, has anyone else had this and should I just speak to my surgeon (I get to see him after 6 months next month) My GP as said that the cramps my be just my period but that isn't due for another 2 weeks.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers

Bec

Are you saying you get cramps and the runs? Or cramps and then nothing happens? How long since you had a movement? How long since you passed wind?

<p>Morning everyone,</p> <p> </p> <p>I have a question for you all. I'm sorry if this is TMI but I need to know if anymore else has had this problem. I've been having BM troubles in that I've been having really bad cramping and then having to run to the loo and have nothing happen. This goes on for hours everyday and then I finally go to the loo. Well today I had to go home from work as the cramping is making me want to throw up and my tummy is bloated, but I have been able to go to the loo. For the last few months I've had to take Benefibre everyday just so that I have some kind of BM. But in the last week or so I've not been taking it because of the mentioned problem.</p> <p> </p> <p>So what I wanted to know is, has anyone else had this and should I just speak to my surgeon (I get to see him after 6 months next month) My GP as said that the cramps my be just my period but that isn't due for another 2 weeks.</p> <p> </p> <p>Any ideas would be great.</p> <p> </p> <p>Cheers</p> <p>Bec</p>

Hi Bec - I would get back to your GP - don't wait on this as any bowel obstruction can be serious - don't want to scare you but I think you should get checked. I have had major issues with Constipation all my life and since having the op it is worse. Pre-op I took benefibre every day but now it doesn't work for me and can block me up a bit. I take osmolax every day and it is great. It draws moisture into your bowel so works really well. I am on Iron tablets too so that doesn't help. Sorry for to much info but I totally sympathise with you.

Hey Misty to answer ur question all the above but I have no problems passing wind.

Thanks for the info Sue, i just got back from my GP. Looks like my bowel is not empting fully. So I have had a couple of tests to check this. But have to wait till next week to have an Xray as we're waiting on the results of the tests. I have to go back on Benefibre to see if it helps empty the bowel.

Well I saw my surgeon today for my 9 month check up. He is very happy with my 47kg weightloss. But since I'm have bowel troubles he has booked me in on Tuesday for a colonoscope and gastroscope. So fingers crossed they can find out what is going on

Hi guys, some really great success stories on here....I've had my initial consultation and booked in at Greenslopes in May for surgery. If I'm half as successful as a lot of you have been I'll be very happy.