Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Wow, what a fabulous and supportive online community.

I'm 28 and live in Brisbane. I am booked in at Greenslopes hospital on 11th April with Dr Hatzifotis. It's been a bit of a whirl wind as I only had my initial consultation with him 2 weeks ago (a good whirl wind).

My younger sister is getting married in November and it just happens that the three other bridesmaids are possibly the smallest framed girls in Australia.. Along with my size 8 bride-to-be sister.

I am determined to not look too out of place in the wedding photos. :)

I have loved reading your journeys and appreciate you all being so upfront and honest. I'm sure I will be able to do that eventually.

Looking forward to chatting and sharing my journey :)

Instagram: theskinnybridesmaid

Hi bridesmaid, great to know someone else is going through the process at about the same time...happy to compare notes along the way. Good luck with things and I'm sure that by the time your sisters wedding comes about you'll have plenty of heads turning for all the right reasons but lets not forget the reason we're all doing this is for our own well being...

:)

Edited by Bec101

Welcome Wal and Bridesmaid,

This group is great. Everyone has great advise and we all like to help each other. So if u have any questions ask away. Also I live 5 mins from Greenslopes so if u like a face to face just let me know and we could meet up. But other wise everyone here are very helpful!!

All the best for ur up coming ops

Cheers Bec

Edited by Bec101

Wow, what a fabulous and supportive online community.

I'm 28 and live in Brisbane. I am booked in at Greenslopes hospital on 11th April with Dr Hatzifotis. It's been a bit of a whirl wind as I only had my initial consultation with him 2 weeks ago (a good whirl wind).

My younger sister is getting married in November and it just happens that the three other bridesmaids are possibly the smallest framed girls in Australia.. Along with my size 8 bride-to-be sister.

I am determined to not look too out of place in the wedding photos. :)

I have loved reading your journeys and appreciate you all being so upfront and honest. I'm sure I will be able to do that eventually.

Looking forward to chatting and sharing my journey :)

Instagram: theskinnybridesmaid

Hi I'm just day 5 pre-op with the sleeve. I like you bridesmaid,was fast tracked!! Went in 1 day for consult came out same day booked in for op 2 weeks from then!

I'm glad it was fast when I think back....the ore-op diet was a killer but I dropped 6kg in less than 2 weeks. Lots of headaches and fatigue but before I knew it was D-DAY....... Went into sunnybank private hospital with Dr daoud at 7am was in operating theatre by 9.45 and out by 11am.....everything went well. I went into ICU for 1 night then into surgical ward for the 2nd night.......neither was very comfortable I won't lie! ICU cared a lot more about the individual but I was left very very unimpressed with the surgical wards nursing of me,but that's another story.Home was where my real healing has started and continues........I'm coping really well with fluids....a little struggle swallowing just enough not to hurt lol....my advice on week 1?? Don't rush and just 'sip sip sip'

Hi I'm just day 5 pre-op with the sleeve. I like you bridesmaid,was fast tracked!! Went in 1 day for consult came out same day booked in for op 2 weeks from then!

I'm glad it was fast when I think back....the ore-op diet was a killer but I dropped 6kg in less than 2 weeks. Lots of headaches and fatigue but before I knew it was D-DAY....... Went into sunnybank private hospital with Dr daoud at 7am was in operating theatre by 9.45 and out by 11am.....everything went well. I went into ICU for 1 night then into surgical ward for the 2nd night.......neither was very comfortable I won't lie! ICU cared a lot more about the individual but I was left very very unimpressed with the surgical wards nursing of me,but that's another story.Home was where my real healing has started and continues........I'm coping really well with fluids....a little struggle swallowing just enough not to hurt lol....my advice on week 1?? Don't rush and just 'sip sip sip'

Wow someone else who had Dr Daoud!!!! I too was very unimpressed with the surgical ward nursing. Only 1 was good the others were OMG!

Glad to hear ur doing well. Yep just sip sip sip!!

I'm actually writing a complaint to the hospital bec,I had to sit up for over 2 hrs pushing my own pc alarm button off as instructed by the nurse cause she had to go find someone who knew how to fix it? forgot to come back regardkess of my 'nurse' call button. Ended up with a hand 4 times its normal size as same nurse kept flushing my Fluid line and even though I was telling her it was bloody hurting? She just ignored my pleas.......but,this has nothing to do with the actual surgery just a shit run hospital with shit nursing staff......not all,the African nurses were absolutely fantastic but by then I was done done done! And I am never a bad patient I just expect due care and a wee bit of compassion ????

This sounds like what happened with me and another chic who I was sharing a room with. I had to keep turning my alarm off too. It took 1.5hrs to get my bag of fuild and panadol changed!!!! We were so not happy at all!!!

Hi everyone I think I am starting to loose hair, did anyone find any products that were useful to slow or prevent this. My Dr said to take Zinc so I have started on that, but I don't have a lot of hair to begin with so would like to keep as much as possible.

Hi, I am just popping in here as I just signedup and saw the ausie post. I am pre op and glad that so many people have taken the time to share not only there experiences but the way it is in the Aussie Hospitals.

Hi, I am just popping in here as I just signedup and saw the ausie post. I am pre op and glad that so many people have taken the time to share not only there experiences but the way it is in the Aussie Hospitals.

Hi and welcome whereabouts are you

Hi everyone I think I am starting to loose hair, did anyone find any products that were useful to slow or prevent this. My Dr said to take Zinc so I have started on that, but I don't have a lot of hair to begin with so would like to keep as much as possible.

Hi Merry,

I'm sorry to say that there isn't anything that will help. I am taking Silica tablets for hair, nails and skin. It has helped my nails and skin but I have still lost hair. Sorry to guve u unhappy news

Welcome Smashelle!!

Glad u found us. We're all just trying to help each other. We also have catchups every now and then. If u have any questions please just ask as someone should be able to answer them

When is ur op?

Cheers Bec