Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Sue/Kelli,

Look forward to seeing you all.

A bit of a crappy day for it tho. However there is an indoor area on the 2nd floor with a cocktail bar. Maybe we can meet there. I may head down a bit earlier and scope out the place.

See you soon :)

For those coming out in Sydney tonight, I am early as I got out of work early and have a table on the roof, near the end of the rooftop. Look for me I have a black top on and ponytail tonight :)

For those coming out in Sydney tonight, I am early as I got out of work early and have a table on the roof, near the end of the rooftop. Look for me I have a black top on and ponytail tonight :)

Great night - just the three of us but it was like meeting friends you haven't seen for ages! Thanks girls - good company and good sharing our experiences face to face!

Great night - just the three of us but it was like meeting friends you haven't seen for ages! Thanks girls - good company and good sharing our experiences face to face!

Yes Sue, it was fun to meet you an Karen. You both look great and I enjoyed our time together on The Glenmore roof. I look forward too seeing you again in future.

Hi all u Aussies! I'm from the Gold Coast. I have had a band for 14 yrs and am having it revised on Tuesday! Omg I'm do excited! I'm actually going to Mexico! I went to the doctors here and they wanted $25000 to do the revision! I got an early release of my super and I'm getting it done in Mexico for a total of $6000 including flights for me and my partner. I have done extensive research and I'm not worried at all. I suppose because I have had surgery in Bangkok also I sort of know what to expect. I'm glad I found some more Aussies on here!

Hi all u Aussies! I'm from the Gold Coast. I have had a band for 14 yrs and am having it revised on Tuesday! Omg I'm do excited! I'm actually going to Mexico! I went to the doctors here and they wanted $25000 to do the revision! I got an early release of my super and I'm getting it done in Mexico for a total of $6000 including flights for me and my partner. I have done extensive research and I'm not worried at all. I suppose because I have had surgery in Bangkok also I sort of know what to expect. I'm glad I found some more Aussies on here!

Wow that is expensive. I guess you don't have private cover? Mexico is very safe and well known. There is a forum here called Mexico and Self Pay. There is also a forum for band to sleeve revisions. Between them you should find heaps of info. Best of luck for your surgery!

This thread goes in fits and starts now because several of is are in maintenance or close to it. But there are new people coming all the time and we are happy to have them! We all learn so much from each other. Occasionally we even have in-person get togethers. If you have loads and loads of time on your hands (lol) you can go all the way back to the beginning like I did when I was first researching my surgery!

Thanks for the encouragement ! I've been on this site for a couple of weeks only just found the Aussies. It's a great forum and I have learnt a lot. I'm flying out tomorrow so today is packing day. I'll keep u posted. And congrats in your success. I'd love to meet up with fellow sleeves after I return.

No private health and as I don't have any health issues other than my weight the surgeon would not do it in a public hospital

No private health and as I don't have any health issues other than my weight the surgeon would not do it in a public hospital

good luck and we will be thinking of you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks kelliv I sure will

Hi there

I am also on the Gold Coast and had my band in 2008. I was really successful until it stuck to my liver and stared giving me grief about 18 months ago. After a lot of wasted time trying to work out what the problem was (and major weight regain) I had it removed in April. In June I had a sleeve and am now about 5 kgs less than I was when my band was ok I am 65 kgs and my BMI is 22 so go for it!!!

Let me know how you go :-)

Kat

Wow Kat that's amazing I can't wait. The band life for me was torture for 14 yrs . Can't wait for the start of this new chapter. I fly out today. I will keep you posted.

Let the loss begin!!

All the best to you - will see you on the sleevers side - let us know when you get back from Mexico and what your experience was like.