Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi all, I am looking for some help and advice. It's my mother's 60th birthday and I had wanted to take her to the Michael Buble concert (as it's on her birthday which is May 13) but I can't get tickets :( So I am looking for other options. I would like to take her to Brisbane or the Gold Coast which she really loves as a get away. I am looking for suggestions on things to do on the day to spoil her and a really really nice restaurant for dinner. I am also looking for suggestions on where to stay to spoil her as well - so would appreciate any ideas that you might have in any of these regards!! Thanks in advance for your suggestions!! Cheers, Liss BTW - Mum is an "indoorsy" type of person, so anything strenuous or outdoorsy wouldn't probably work :)

I have heard good things about the day spa at the Sofitel in Brisbane. You could stay there and get the works. It is expensive though!! Then you could take her to the Brisbane Jazz Club at Kangaroo Point for a concert if she likes jazz or swing or blues (they have different things on, several nights a week). I like the idea of not making the day about food but about pampering yourselves. I am sure you know what I mean, the old me tends to look for the best restaurants etc.

but speaking of restaurants, if your mum likes sushi or Japanese food, Sono at Wintergarden is very upscale and has lovely food and presentation. I love taking clients there. It is also perfect type of food for those of us with small appetites. I adore their sashimi and they bring it out on a bed of dry ice!

Or if she is into tapas and cocktails, look into Lychee Lounge at West End. They have an amazing cocktail menu and it is a really nice atmosphere. Definitely dressy and you will need to book especially on a weekend. Great for people watching.

By the way Lissa, I got your PM and tried to find you on Facebook but your name is too common. I think I could find you by your personal email address if you could send it to me. I don't know why I am hard to find on Facebook, I think you should be able to search for me by my email address.

Hi all, I am looking for some help and advice. It's my mother's 60th birthday and I had wanted to take her to the Michael Buble concert (as it's on her birthday which is May 13) but I can't get tickets :( So I am looking for other options. I would like to take her to Brisbane or the Gold Coast which she really loves as a get away. I am looking for suggestions on things to do on the day to spoil her and a really really nice restaurant for dinner. I am also looking for suggestions on where to stay to spoil her as well - so would appreciate any ideas that you might have in any of these regards!! Thanks in advance for your suggestions!! Cheers, Liss BTW - Mum is an "indoorsy" type of person, so anything strenuous or outdoorsy wouldn't probably work :)

High tea at the Palazzo Versace is something all mums and daughters should do... Quiet reasonable at $45, just order an extra tea or coffee of choice for another $7 as the high tea is rather large, but absolutely decadent! As for a nice and not to expensive place to stay, the Mantra Phoenician, great spot with a day spa and loads of cafés. Located at Broardbeach... I love living on the Gold Coast & make sure when we have visitors from overseas or interstate we do something delightful. Just wish I could do it with my mum... Hope this helps ????

The Palazzo Versace is awesome for high tea at $45, just order an extra pot of tea or coffee of choice for $7 as the high tea is rather large but very decadent. Great for an lunch/afternoon tea, they also have a day spa, and The Golden Door Spa is also just 500 metres down the road too. Awesome places!

Mantra Phoenician in Broardbeach is lovely, great day spa too, plus loads of cafés and restaurants in the area. Your choice of ALL food types and all close to the beach or air conditioned mall. Nice place to just sit and people watch ☺️

Just wish I had my mum to do this with, but I LOVE to do it with friends and all within an easy budget.

Hope it is of help, I love living on the Gold Coast ???? ????

Hi Misty - I have been at the surgeon's goal for quite a while but they had set it quite high, so I am now hovering between 79-80 kg still. I would like to lose about another 7-10 kg yet so I am really happy to keep losing. I can see a ticker on the bottom of my posts but its interesting it's not coming up on yours! Weird!! I must have set it to private or something silly. I sent you a PM on FB Misty too as I couldn't add you as a friend :) Don't know why...it's also a bit weird. I seem to have the "silicon death" at the moment lol. Hope you're well! I love your new photo's - you look amazing. Your face is teeny tiny!! Cheers, Liss

I am also stuck at my final 7-10kgs Lissa!! So frustrating those scales won't budge lately :-/

I'm really happy with everything however and if I didn't lose another kg is still be happy, ecstatic really, about the positive changes in my life and weight! It would be such an achievement to reach where I want to be...the surgeon set my goal at like 90kg - quite high too...think it was 80% of excess body weight or something...

I gained a kg this week! I'm taking it in stride and just continuing to work my plan. I think the next 10-15 kg are going to be much tougher to lose.

I'm going to try Zumba on Thursday! I'm nervous I will look like an idiot but I'm excited too. A friend is going with me. I'm not sure if I would rather do it on my own or not but it is what it is.

I gained a kg this week! I'm taking it in stride and just continuing to work my plan. I think the next 10-15 kg are going to be much tougher to lose. <br><br> I'm going to try Zumba on Thursday! I'm nervous I will look like an idiot but I'm excited too. A friend is going with me. I'm not sure if I would rather do it on my own or not but it is what it is.

You certainly have the right attitude misty. Nothing we can do but try our best.

I'm interested though how much everyone lost on average every week? When this slowed down and what the average then was?

I'm not trying to compare myself to anyone just interested if there is a big variance in weekly averages.

I'll look it up and post for you in a bit!

So today is my 8 month anniversary. Here are my monthly totals. There are more than 8 because I just totaled up every 4 weeks. I have had several no-loss weeks and a few gains. I didn't have a pre-op diet. Today is the end of my first week in my 10th 4-week period, meaning i am 41 weeks post-op. I could have had a baby in this time! LOL

1: 6 kg

2: 4.4 kg

3: 4.7 kg

4: 3.5 kg

5: 2.8 kg

6: 2.8 kg

7: 4 kg

8: 2.5 kg

9: 2.3 kg

I am not sure what I lost per week but I started at 103kg, my surgeon set a goal of 65kg (which seemed impossible at the time) and I think I was at around 60 kg at about 10 months. I found it quite easy to lose and didn't have any stalls but I know I am the exception. Everyone is different. I have been maintaining around 60 but have noticed that my fluctuations between 58-60 have turned into fluctuations of 59-61 - so I have had a slight weight gain. Just over the last few weeks I can eat significantly more in a sitting so have had to reign in my eating between meals. I am 18 months out now so am hoping there won't be too much increase in eating and hunger which I do feel now - nothing like hunger pre sleeve I might add, but it was so nice to not have hunger at all for a long time.

Edited by sueoco

I am only three months out started at 129 day of surgery and am now 108 so am averaging 7kg a month

I think I could have lost faster. I have not been very extreme with myself. I am trying to make this a lifestyle not a crash diet. So some people have lost heaps faster but I am hoping I will give myself enough time to get really comfortable with my new lifestyle and that I will be able to sustain this for a lifetime. People don't realize in the beginning that while losing is easier with the surgery, maintaining is mostly YOU. Especially it is up to you to fill up on Protein because most of us can eat and drink a lot of carbs.

I'm interested though how much everyone lost on average every week?

I'm not trying to compare myself to anyone just interested if there is a big variance in weekly averages.

Hi Ditdee.Mine varied and I am currently in the middle of a three week stall after gaining then losing 1kg over Xmas :(

My monthly losses approx after July 2013 when I was sleeved are:

Aug 7kg

Sep 5kg

Oct 5kg

Nov 3kg

Dec 3.5kg

Aiming to break the stall even if only by 1kg.I have lost 60% excess weight which is surgical goal but hope to lose another 20% which doesn't look likely atm.