Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Ok great' date=' where do you suggest? What about either Mediterranean at Cafe Mondial in Albert St OR perhaps somewhere that serves yum cha or sushi? You choose...[/quote']

Kelli, what about Jackpot Noodles at 96 Albert Street - great tasty and quick meals and for about $10. I go there quite often and I actually get 3 meals out of the one :) everyone I know enjoys the meals so let me know if this sounds ok with you and what time suits you best. I'm free anytime after 12..hope a few more Brisbane Sleevers can join us :)

Dean, Are you around to join Shelley and I for lunch in Brisbane CBD tomorrow?

That would be great. I work at Boondall, but have to go into DPP tomorrow and drop something off. I don't think I have anything on. Will check my diary in the morning. I'll PM you my mobile.

Deano

Kelli' date=' what about Jackpot Noodles at 96 Albert Street - great tasty and quick meals and for about 10. I go there quite often and I actually get 3 meals out of the one :) everyone I know enjoys the meals so let me know if this sounds ok with you and what time suits you best. I'm free anytime after 12..hope a few more Brisbane Sleevers can join us :)[/quote']

Shell sounds good. Do you know if they do gluten free as in rice noodle? Let's aim to meet there at 12.15pm.

Dean we look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Any other Brisbane people available for lunch tomorrow?

Kelli, there is a menu at www.jackpotdining.com.au. Check this out and see if anything suits or we can look elsewhere.

Have a great time guys, wish I was up there too :)

Shell, Dean and I had a lovely catch up over lunch today and compared notes on our progress. Hopefully next time we will have a few more people join us in Brisbane. It's great to know that we are all experiencing similar trials and successes, but all appreciate the tool we are now learning to live with.

Shell, Dean and I had a lovely catch up over lunch today and compared notes on our progress. Hopefully next time we will have a few more people join us in Brisbane. It's great to know that we are all experiencing similar trials and successes, but all appreciate the tool we are now learning to live with.

It was great to meet you guys. The more people that come along to these things the better, although I have to admit, I was pretty pleased with myself having lunch with two good looking girls.

It was funny, us all filling our takeaway containers after lunch. I'm not sure how, but mine was filled to the top.

Have a good one,

Deano

Hi guys

Just wanted to get your thoughts on what I am feeling?

Feeling really full, rather painful around the stomach area if I place my hand over where my incisions are I can feel something. I am

4 weeks post op, have been walking approx 2.5kms a day, been eating on my soft stage but the past 2 days I have had a zooper dopper because I was craving something icey cold.

Have I done harm to myself?

Hi sleever84

I would say its just healing pain. Can take up to 6 months and more in some people to completely heal internally. My doc said the stitches in side take a good 3 months. In most people. I was done on the 10/12 and every so often i get pains even when I've only had fluids. Just take it easy fir a few days cold drinks and ice drinks shouldn't harm, if anything you should find ice will relieve pain. Hope your feeling better soon. Just dont push your new stomach and listen to it cause it will tell you when you have had enough.

My doc has also said a guide to knowing if your healing well inside is how quick the lumps in the scare tissue go away. So if your scares are starting to get less fibrous and more soft. Its a good sign your healing inside.

Sarahjp

Dont know if this is helpful just thought it might help.....

I had my first public chuck today :( wasnt feeling greAt sat down to a small sausage roll. Probabley Not the best choice for a snack. Was alone doing the tourist thing while my partner was off working. Next thing the strange feeling i use to get with the band started...... And up came lunch ..... Spent the rest of the day sipping ice coke....

Has anyone else had this happen??? Or was it just a bad choice in food on my part. ????

I had my first public chuck today :( wasnt feeling greAt sat down to a small sausage roll. Probabley Not the best choice for a snack. Was alone doing the tourist thing while my partner was off working. Next thing the strange feeling i use to get with the band started...... And up came lunch ..... Spent the rest of the day sipping ice coke....

Has anyone else had this happen??? Or was it just a bad choice in food on my part. ????

Is it right that you were sleeved on the 10th of December? I was on liquids only for the first full 2 weeks, then very fine purée with no lumps for 2 weeks. Couldn't go to soft food until 1 month post op, full solids, not for a month after that. If I've got the date wrong, please ignore my post, if I haven't, I would talk to your dietitian. I was sleeved in August and still am yet to touch soft drink and a small sausage roll. You may be pushing your new sleeve too far too fast. I would imagine that you have a greater risk of leak because its a revision? Please be very careful. Doing the tourist thing for me at less than a month out would have meant a kids size boost low fat smoothie with an extra Protein boost. Not much Protein in coke. Please don't take this as a lecture, but if it made you feel so uncomfortable, you were sick, your sleeve didn't like it, and doing things like this is how we learn.

Hi Sarah, don't worry, it happens to the best of us. I have had 3 vomiting episodes, 2 of which were in public after eating a small amount of sushi, so rice is my enemy. Just unfortunate I am afraid.

Hi Sarah, I have not had this experience, thank goodness!! I did though think I was close the other morning on the bus to work - I had half a small coffee in the morning and my husband used some light cream in it then on the way to work I did not feel so good I tell you...I was starting to clear my handbag of important stuff as I was thinking omg what am I going to do here and just wanted to jump off an express bus on the busway - Anyway I learnt a valuable lesson - to be prepared for this if the situation does arise and that is I now carry a small plastic bag in my handbag :)

Thought I'd share !!

Hi guys

Just wanted to get your thoughts on what I am feeling?

Feeling really full, rather painful around the stomach area if I place my hand over where my incisions are I can feel something. I am

4 weeks post op, have been walking approx 2.5kms a day, been eating on my soft stage but the past 2 days I have had a zooper dopper because I was craving something icey cold.

Have I done harm to myself?

Hey. I haven't experienced anything like this - I hope you're feeling better now.

Deano

I've had dry chicken breast come up twice. I'm yet to try red meat (except for mince or my low and slow BBQ lamb that is juicy and falls off the bone!)

One time we were at an Indian restaurant. Fortunately I recognised the signs and excused myself.

It's all part of the evolving process I guess. A lot to do with what we can eat and how quickly we can eat.