Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Happy New Year everyone!! Thank u for being such an amazing and valuable part of my life and journey from pre to post sleeve. You have all been so supportive I feel very blessed to be a part of this thread! I hope that 2013 brings you all good health, self belief and a renewed lease on life.

It is now the morning after the night before...I'm still rather intoxicated...it so happens that my sleeve can tolerate A LOT more bourbon than I anticipated and I dare say today my diet will consist mainly of water! Hope everyone had a great night xx

Thanks for the encouragement I receive from this forum. Well today is my first day of pre-op and I'm so excited because it brings it all closer. Happy New Year to you all and may 2013 be filled with much love, laughter and happiness.

Congratulations Kate! It's the best thing I've done for my health. A few ups and downs getting used to the new size of my stomach and knowing what I can and can't eat. I am now 10kg away from my goal of 65kg and it feels fantastic! I have been indulging myself with shoes at the sales in the last week because my feet have lost weight as well from a size 9 down to 8-81/2 - hilarious!! Trying not to buy any clothes because they are not going to fit for much longer. Good luck with the pre-op diet, don't be surprised if you get some headaches, just take some Panadol and drink heaps of Water.< /p>

Happy new year everybody. Just finished work, at least the rest of the year has to be better than this. Stay safe tonight and best wishes for 2013

What do you do for work PP? I think you may have mentioned it, but I've forgotten.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Hey, do you guys do any fibre supplementation?

I haven't been as regular as pre surgery, which isn't surprising my diet at the moment is really high Protein. I should eat more vegetables but I can't seem to fit it in.

The last two days I've taken a single 2/3 dose of Metamucil mid morning. I was worried about a full dose exceeding the size of my stomach. I've also been thinking about getting a Vitamix.

What do you guys do?

Deano

You can get Metamucil in a capsule which is easy to take and have a couple a day. Is the Vitamix one of those blender things that makes juice etc but munches up the whole fruit/vegie so you get the fibre? I would love one those because I have been finding that I crave fresh juice and every time i go out lately I get one from Boost. Has anyone got one of these thingys?

Thanks cooki, I'll try and keep the Water up. Dean about the fibre, my dietician talked about metamucil and benefibre with one expanding in the stomach. She said that one shouldn't be taken with the sleeve. I'm not home so don't have the notes but I thought she said not to take Metamucil and recommended benefibre because it doesn't swell in the stomach. Won't be home to check my notes until Friday but you might want to do a bit of research. Cheers.

Had to change my starting weight on my ticker because I put on another kilo. So today is my official start date, weighed in at 109.9 kgs. I never want to see that number again, hopefully it's all downhill from here.

Happy New Year everyone!

%

You can get Metamucil in a capsule which is easy to take and have a couple a day. Is the Vitamix one of those blender things that makes juice etc but munches up the whole fruit/vegie so you get the fibre? I would love one those because I have been finding that I crave fresh juice and every time i go out lately I get one from Boost. Has anyone got one of these thingys?

Cookie do you use the capsules and have to had any probs?

Yeah the Vitamix will blitz anything you put in them, whole apples etc. I like the idea of them because the fruit and vegetables retain all the fibre and nutrients. They 'say' more nutrients because the machine blitzes seeds skin etc that may normally partially pass through the digestive track.

About 6 months ago, on a liver cleansing health kick, I bought an expensive cold press juicer, designed to retain enzymes etc blah blah. But no fibre. Might have to sell that one on flea-bay first.

Thanks cooki, I'll try and keep the Water up. Dean about the fibre, my dietician talked about metamucil and benefibre with one expanding in the stomach. She said that one shouldn't be taken with the sleeve. I'm not home so don't have the notes but I thought she said not to take Metamucil and recommended benefibre because it doesn't swell in the stomach. Won't be home to check my notes until Friday but you might want to do a bit of research. Cheers.

Thanks Kate - I seem to recall my Dietician mentioning Benefibre as the way to go, I think.

Had to change my starting weight on my ticker because I put on another kilo. So today is my official start date, weighed in at 109.9 kgs. I never want to see that number again, hopefully it's all downhill from here.

You'll be in double digits in no time! :)

Hey' date=' do you guys do any fibre supplementation?

I haven't been as regular as pre surgery, which isn't surprising my diet at the moment is really high Protein. I should eat more vegetables but I can't seem to fit it in.

The last two days I've taken a single 2/3 dose of Metamucil mid morning. I was worried about a full dose exceeding the size of my stomach. I've also been thinking about getting a Vitamix.

What do you guys do?

Deano[/quote']

I found that benefibre and even coloxyl weren't strong enough for me - I had a bit of history prior to the sleeve so not much moves me! I have had to resort to osmolax - you can get a tasteless one you mix with tea and coffee and it is the only thing that works for me. I would go easy as it is quite strong and because it draws Water into you bowel, you have to keep your fluids up. I only have two scoops every second day now - although had to up that over Christmas!