Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I had my first public chuck today :( wasnt feeling greAt sat down to a small sausage roll. Probabley Not the best choice for a snack. Was alone doing the tourist thing while my partner was off working. Next thing the strange feeling i use to get with the band started...... And up came lunch ..... Spent the rest of the day sipping ice coke....

Has anyone else had this happen??? Or was it just a bad choice in food on my part. ????

Sorry this happened - at 3 or 4 weeks out a sausage roll might have been a bridge too far :) I haven't had a sausage roll cause I am pretty sure I'd have a similar reaction and I hate chucking up! I can't drink frozen coke etc cause they are too sweet now but I do have a bit of soda Water or soda and lime if I'm out somewhere. What I did have was a bite of a cheeseburger the other day. It tasted okay and then it hit my stomach and sat there like a brick for AGES. I won't be in a hurry to do that again :) What I am trying to learn to do is to have stuff in my bag to eat when I can't find anything appropriate (which happens quite a lot). Mostly it's nuts and le snack's - but again, at less than four weeks out I am not sure if it's okay to have this - so maybe check in with your surgeon/ dietician?

Don't worry about making mistakes - I think it's unrealistic to think that the sleeve alone will change lifelong bad habits overnight. Try these things, remember the outcome and move on. I don't think beating ourselves up for "bad" choices is helpful otherwise I wouldn't have been so overweight as I would always be beating myself up for stuff I've eaten!

The one thing I've had since surgery from my "old" life that I can still eat is a piece of thin crust pizza. I now like the vegetarian one's better than the old meat pizza's and I can only eat a small amount but when I'm out with mates, it's great being able to pinch the smallest slice of their pie! I am always eating off someone else's plate these days - I rarely buy my own meal. I'm saving a crap load of cash on my food bill (saving it to spend on my new clothes lol)...

Good luck though! Let us know how you go!

Cheers, Lila

Sleever84, I would watch it but it is not uncommon to have some discomfort for a few weeks after surgery, my doctor said it was 6 weeks before we were fully healed.

Sarah, it may be as most have said that it was a step too far. I found early on I could get ill, not throw up( post op I barely get that but get nauseas and the slimmies) when I ate things that were not the best for me, ie cake, chocolates, pies, higher fat things because my body did not know how to process them and therefor rejected them...just my 2 c.

Speaking of throwing up, I had a bad episode of nausea last night, which ended with me passed out on my bathroom floor....with a broken ankle...apparently I broke it in the fall.

Now I am in hospital waiting for surgery to put a plate in and also remove my gall bladder (a few days early)....here's hoping everything will go ok tomorrow....soooo annoyed at the moment..

Sleever84, I would watch it but it is not uncommon to have some discomfort for a few weeks after surgery, my doctor said it was 6 weeks before we were fully healed.

Sarah, it may be as most have said that it was a step too far. I found early on I could get ill, not throw up( post op I barely get that but get nauseas and the slimmies) when I ate things that were not the best for me, ie cake, chocolates, pies, higher fat things because my body did not know how to process them and therefor rejected them...just my 2 c.

Speaking of throwing up, I had a bad episode of nausea last night, which ended with me passed out on my bathroom floor....with a broken ankle...apparently I broke it in the fall.

Now I am in hospital waiting for surgery to put a plate in and also remove my gall bladder (a few days early)....here's hoping everything will go ok tomorrow....soooo annoyed at the moment..

That sounds awesful! You poor thing.You definately did a job on yourself! Good luck tomorrow, you're young and healthy (now) you'll be fine :)

Ummmm with the fall ........ was there alcohol involved?? :P

Deano

Speaking of keeping things in your handbag (and no, I don't have a handbag!).

I got a heap of mini Protein bars from Aldi. They look suspiciously the same as the Aussie Bodies Protein FX mini bars. They're small 30g bars. About 90 cals, 9g Protein. I keep a couple in my kit bag in case I'm stuck at a job and can't get anything else. Good for a snack. Definately a good size for a sleeve.

Aussie Bodies $2.20 +

Aldi 99 cents

I can't tell the difference.

Deano

Aussiegirl good luck for your surgeries tomorrow. What bad luck for you. Take care and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Aussiegirl! That sounds awful :-( wishing u the best of luck for your surgeries and a very speedy recovery xx

Wow Aussie girl, good luck on the surgeries. Bugger about the broken ankle.

Hey everyone, it's been awhile. Have Ben keeping up with posts just haven't posted. Brisbane people. Hope to get a chance to catch up. It's a bit hard with a 3 yo, and a husband that does nightshift. But maybe next time.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new years. I was in nowra for a wedding, had a great time and Christmas was very different. Didn't over stuff my self, just enjoyed the day and my boy and watching all the kids. We swam and had a few drinks.

Am having a fees issues. Weight loss has slowed. Have now lost 42kgs since 23rd July. Am very happy with my weight loss but am finding it hard with my excess skin. Plus my stomach is really annoying me. It seems to be the last place I lose weight. So I have this big tummy. I don't see myself as smaller either. It's hard. I still see me as a big person. I get alot of compliments and when I see my clothes they are smaller but I still feel huge. I have a photos I will try and post. My before and now. I still have about 30kgs to lose.

I would like to also be honest with you all. I am really hoping to get pregnant in the next few months. My surgeon and dietitian says its ok. But still feel like I need to lose more, and then worried I may not lose enough after and also gain too much. Have so much going through my head.

Wow Aussie girl' date=' good luck on the surgeries. Bugger about the broken ankle.

Hey everyone, it's been awhile. Have Ben keeping up with posts just haven't posted. Brisbane people. Hope to get a chance to catch up. It's a bit hard with a 3 yo, and a husband that does nightshift. But maybe next time.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new years. I was in nowra for a wedding, had a great time and Christmas was very different. Didn't over stuff my self, just enjoyed the day and my boy and watching all the kids. We swam and had a few drinks.

Am having a fees issues. Weight loss has slowed. Have now lost 42kgs since 23rd July. Am very happy with my weight loss but am finding it hard with my excess skin. Plus my stomach is really annoying me. It seems to be the last place I lose weight. So I have this big tummy. I don't see myself as smaller either. It's hard. I still see me as a big person. I get alot of compliments and when I see my clothes they are smaller but I still feel huge. I have a photos I will try and post. My before and now. I still have about 30kgs to lose.

I would like to also be honest with you all. I am really hoping to get pregnant in the next few months. My surgeon and dietitian says its ok. But still feel like I need to lose more, and then worried I may not lose enough after and also gain too much. Have so much going through my head.[/quote']

Wow so some big steps for you in 2013! From what I have read in other threads sleevers tend to not put on as much weight as the standard 14kgs with pregnancy and their baby's can sometimes have a lower birth weight but by no means is that anything to worry about. I wish I could settle down with someone as I could easily have more babies- especially if I'm not bringing them up on my own like I have with my two girls.

I am totally hearing you with your head not catching up with your body and loose skin issues. I have only lost 25kg since my sleeve in September but I can't really tell. I still see the same shape in the mirror- except everything hangs a little more than it should! People are starting to comment on the weightloss but all I see is the extra 50kgs I have to go and am dreading seeing what my skin with look like after that time. Especially my breasts and thighs. I think they will look atrocious!!

Sorry to hear about your mishap Aussiegirl and wishing you all the best for your surgery and a speedy recovery.

Oh no Aussiegirl:( Hope you get well really soon!!! Thinking of you and sending you lots of wishes for your speedy recovery!!!

Kelli, Shell and I were having a conversation at lunch about stomach stapling. We weren't 100% sure what the difference was with VSG, but we suspected that with stapling the stomach may have been folded in on itself / left intact. I'd been meaning to look it up for ages. It looks like we were kind of right. You might have already known this, but for anyone else whose curious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_banded_gastroplasty_surgery

At work this afternoon (lucky me) but had a good morning. The girls had nippers, so spent it at the beach.

I was in the surf helping out the kids on their nipper boards.

Now, I don't know if it's the amount of weight I've lost or muscle I've lost or the low calories I'm eating (or a combination of the three) but I'm normally pretty strong in the surf and a strong swimmer.

This morning I got thrown around like a rag doll. I wasn't used to it, it was quite funny.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Deano

Hi guys - first time poster, long time reader...have been following everyone's ups and downs since I was sleeved on 31 October, so Ii feel like I know you all already!

I'm down 20kg (yay) and just have to share something with people who will understand - today I got on my new bike that I got for Christmas and went for a ride with my hubby and kids. I haven't been on a bike in over 20 years!! We rode around the bike paths for about an hour, and I can't wipe the smile off my face... No doubt I'll have sore legs tomorrow, but I'm so proud of myself!!

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Hi SueSue, welcome to the thread and such great news about how great we can feel after achieving something new...I really want to get a bike and drag the family bike riding as well. Glad you enjoyed it and hope not too sore in the next few days. I start my PT sessions again on Tuesday after a month off so not looking forward to the pain :(

Congrats on your great loss so far

Congratulations on your 20 kgs Suesue but even more awesome is your bike riding achievement....you have every reason to be proud of yourself. I have my surgery in nine days and have been pretty weepy and emotional about it all in the last few days. Reading about achievements like yours makes me feel so much more optimistic.